Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Had a Chiron which was pretty good, easy drinking.

Followed that with an Anarchy Smoked Saison. First time trying one of Anarchy's beers. The smoke really came through on this one which I liked. Not one to be drinking all night but still a good beer.

Finishing with a Founders Beer Camp #35 imperial Red Ale - this is very good. A bit like a backwoods but without the bourbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

a few beers i've had over the weekend

Greens ipa - terrible
    Charles Wells/Dogfish Head DNA - not great.too malty,not hoppy enough
    Devils Backbone American IPA - quite nice
    Nøgne ø Asian Pale Ale - vile.tasted like a pint of Thai green curry
    Camden Hells Lager - very drinkable
    The Worlds End Pilsner - meh
    Brewdog IPA Is Dead series - mostly lovely,especially the Chinook and the Ella.the Mandarina Bavaria was the weak link here
    One Mile End Ancho Cocoa Stout - pretty decent
    One Mile End Cascara Wheat - not great
    Brewdog Dead Pony - first time having it on draught.an absolute delight to drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is that this years IPA Is Dead series?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is that this years IPA Is Dead series?

Yeah, that's the new one. It's only just after being released.

Cool, must pick it up

What are the hops?

• Advertisement

Cool, must pick it up

What are the hops?
    Pioneer, Chinook, Ella, and Mandarina Bavaria.

interesting mix alright.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I promised to show off my collection. The Irish, and the not-so-Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

a few beers i've had over the weekend

Greens ipa - terrible
    Charles Wells/Dogfish Head DNA - not great.too malty,not hoppy enough
    Devils Backbone American IPA - quite nice
    Nøgne ø Asian Pale Ale - vile.tasted like a pint of Thai green curry
    Camden Hells Lager - very drinkable
    The Worlds End Pilsner - meh
    Brewdog IPA Is Dead series - mostly lovely,especially the Chinook and the Ella.the Mandarina Bavaria was the weak link here
    One Mile End Ancho Cocoa Stout - pretty decent
    One Mile End Cascara Wheat - not great
    Brewdog Dead Pony - first time having it on draught.an absolute delight to drink

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I had the Brown Paper Bag Peoject black coffee IPA. I think I'm in love! Espresso and an IPA in one drink. It really had me bouncing as well - wonderful caffeine hint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Pioneer, Chinook, Ella, and Mandarina Bavaria.

Where is IPA is dead available? I buy it every year, its been a let down the last few years but I still live and hope... And buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

The exp366 was nice last year

I had it on draught in a brewdog bar. Not sure if they're out on bottle here yet. My local offie doesn't have it yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Another new Irish IPA, Four Provinces': The Piper. But will it taste like an IPA?

Tastes like a decent red ale, more than an IPA...

slayerking wrote: »
    Where is IPA is dead available? I buy it every year, its been a let down the last few years but I still live and hope... And buy it.
    I think it's only available in the UK at the moment.

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid is my type of beer. Perfect for me balance wise. I wish it was a cheaper than €9 for a pint bottle, though. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭HoldStady

Have Camden IHL and Nogne saison waiting on me. Also bought two more KBS's. Going to try an leave alone for a while.

Over the weekend had
    White Hag white sow - it was okay just, classed as a sweet stout which is not my favourite style
    O Brother Bonita - this is lovely black IPA with dark fruit under the hops. This brewery's three beers are really good and very exciting
    Trouble brewing Vietnow - nice and very drinkable IPA
    Trouble brewing centennial smash - from a cask so very light like a cordial. Not mad on cask beers but it was drinkable.
    Rascals ginger porter - very disappointing.

Also had trouble brewing remix. This is a very drinkable hopped lager.

Also had modus and dark penance on tap. Modus is a beast.

@Grayditch - Hop stoopid is a lovely beer. I love the oily resinous slick body.
    9 euro is a bit steep though but I really liked it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

HoldStady wrote: »
    Also bought two more KBS's. .

Where did you pick up the KBS?

That O Brother Bonita sounds like my kinda thing.

Gonna give the KBS a go now. Also 8.99 for a small bottle in McHughes it probably won't be a regular purchase for me, but hey, we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

Grayditch wrote: »
    Lagunitas Hop Stoopid is my type of beer. Perfect for me balance wise. I wish it was a cheaper than €9 for a pint bottle, though. Great stuff.

It's a 750ml bottle, no? Still pricey, but a really tasty beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Picked up another round of Full Irish IPA, the first bottle seems to have morphed into a sour though!

It's actually very tasty, the first sip was just a shock. Totally different beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

boreder wrote: »
    It's a 750ml bottle, no? Still pricey, but a really tasty beer.

It's a 650ml bottle.

Its also €8.50 on Drinkstore.ie, and I also noticed that they seem to have somehow labeled it as an Irish beer, so Beoir members can use their code to get 10 % off it - lands it at a cool €7.65 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Grayditch wrote: »

I had a beer of theirs called Undercover Shutdown Ale, it's a seasonal in celebration of the time they were shut down for people smoking marijuana on the premises.
    Anyway, it's not your typical in your face hoppy beer from them. At over 9% it was very easy to drink, I can't put my finger in the taste but it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Unfortunately I tried Hop House 13 yesterday. Awful, awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Was in a local pub t'other night and they had Rebel Red on tap, which was a surprise.

Hadn't had it in ages so gave it a go, not a terrible beer and for €4 a pint I was happier drinking that than Guinness (for the same price).

Earlier in the night I'd been having Porterhouse Chocolate Truffle Stout and Lagunatis IPA so t'was still a but of a downgrade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up 4 bottles of Delirium Nocturnum was €3.60 a bottle so not to bad today in world wide wines in waterford cant wait to give them a try now when i am not sick LoL

Also seen on there site they have St Bernardus Abt 12 as well wonted to get that as well but forgot to look for it LoL.

Unfortunately I tried Hop House 13 yesterday. Awful, awful stuff.

It is until it's the only beer with ANY hops in a bar you're in, then it's the least of all evils. I hated it the first time I tried it and then gave it some small credit when it had me at a captive audience.

KBS is fantastic as is Hop Stoopid but the price of both means they won't be regular. Both brilliant, though.

lol

Hi Redwolf

Mchughs have some left with a 2 per customer limit
    Drinkstore have some I think and originally had a 4 per customer limit
    Blackrock cellar was getting some in last week and were going to put a 1 per customer limit.

mcHughs originally had a 1 per customer limit but increased to.

I was told only 20 cases in all brought into Ireland. Seen a thing on Twitter were a guy based in the US was giving out about 4 packs going for $100 by touts. Lives up to the hype. Really great beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Drinkstore sold out. Martins probably have some but they don't get my business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement