Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Red Wolf wrote: »
    Where did you pick up the KBS?

Baggott St wines had it the last day I was in.

I enjoyed it, but wouldn't be a favourite.
    Really enjoyed the Hop Stoopid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Finally sitting down to my KBS, really nice, wouldn't be a regular at the price or indeed the availability but glad I picked one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

Called in to Aldi on the way home from work and picked up six of these.. €7.20 ,,, Never had them before,, But will be going back for more soon...

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Just watched the RM vs Atletico game on TV3,, am still on a high after backing the winner of the Grand National @34/1 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Had a Cotton Ball Indian Summer last night.

Flawless beer, I'd buy it regularly if was closer to 3 euro than it is a fiver.

Yet, I'm having one right now and it tastes like I remember Carlsberg used to taste. That exact same aftertaste of dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

That exact same aftertaste of dog.
    Can never have too much dog in your beer

KpvzI.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Yet, I'm having one right now and it tastes like I remember Carlsberg used to taste. That exact same aftertaste of dog.

Exact same? Any specific breed? I hear they vary...

St Beernard maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just had a few bottles of Delirium Nocturnum and its just fantastic in every way posable it smells a bit odd a first but give it time and enjoy every bit you drink of it and you will love it prob the best ale i have ever drank in my life as it just gos own to easy.

This is up there with the brooklyn chocolate stout as my fave beers to drink as they are both fantastic !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

lk67 wrote: »
    Exact same? Any specific breed? I hear they vary...

St Beernard maybe?

It doesn't matter what breed, it's ruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Just back from the hole in the wall on blackhorse avenue.
    Lovely pub but the bar men haven't a clue. I haven't been down there in an age, simply because everytime I do go down, I find it frustrating. They have chalk boards listing the craft beers - great I thought, but when you go to the bar, they have no idea what tap is what.
    And they seem to mix/serve random beers our of different taps. You could see a Bru Ri coming our of an Rua tap or worse, an Eight degrees coming out of a Rascals tap. Its so confusing and very frustrating.
    The chalk boards dont match up either. They had Rascals Kiwi Pale listed on the board, but I asked the barman and he didnt have a clue.... but they did have a tap labeled Wit Woo (another rascals but not on the board) which I bet actually was Kiwi Pale ale. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

slayerking wrote: »
    Just back from the hole in the wall on blackhorse avenue.
    Lovely pub but the bar men haven't a clue. I haven't been down there in an age, simply because everytime I do go down, I find it frustrating. They have chalk boards listing the craft beers - great I thought, but when you go to the bar, they have no idea what tap is what.
    And they seem to mix/serve random beers our of different taps. You could see a Bru Ri coming our of an Rua tap or worse, an Eight degrees coming out of a Rascals tap. Its so confusing and very frustrating.
    The chalk boards dont match up either. They had Rascals Kiwi Pale listed on the board, but I asked the barman and he didnt have a clue.... but they did have a tap labeled Wit Woo (another rascals but not on the board) which I bet actually was Kiwi Pale ale. :mad:

Second pretty much all of that.
    Have had to send pints back for being the wrong beer, or a bit "off" in the past 6 months, and have on other occasions felt it's been wrong on times where I haven't sent it back (Got a Full Irish about a month ago that I'm near-certain wasn't a Full Irish. I thought it might actually have been a Polar Vortex so wasn't going to complain! Whatever it was it wasn't bad, but I'm nearly certain it wasn't Full Irish)

I don't like bad mouthing it as it's a lovely pub, and makes a very decent effort at craft taps, especially for the area. The off-licence is great too. But yeah, you're not the only one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I got some Miller today. I went for quantity over quality and my god it's bummed me out because it tastes bland as hell after all the craft essence I've been absorbing recently. I'll drink it...but it was a blunder. God I need a better job to fuel my beering. Kinnegar 3 for 11 euro? That's crazy pricing. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I got some Miller today. I went for quantity over quality and my god it's bummed me out because it tastes bland as hell after all the craft essence I've been absorbing recently. I'll drink it...but it was a blunder. God I need a better job to fuel my beering. Kinnegar 3 for 11 euro? That's crazy pricing. :/

This is when you decide to start making your own

RasTa wrote: »
    This is when you decide to start making your own

I'm actually glad you said this. I've been thinking about making some myself but I've always been a talker and not a doer. I'm very afraid about how little I know about it all.

Maybe I should just take the plunge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

can you boil a kettle and pour stuff out of a tin? If the answer to those questions is "Yes" then you know how to make beer at home.

Well there you go! I've GOT to try it now. I have some flavours in mind thought that I think would be cutting edge...honestly. One involved green tea...I will master flavour for myself. I really want a partner for this as a confirmation; but everyone I know in Cork drinks "Bulmers" religiously which is like a brick wall! Why...? :/ Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

HoldStady wrote: »
    Hi Redwolf

Mchughs have some left with a 2 per customer limit
    Drinkstore have some I think and originally had a 4 per customer limit
    Blackrock cellar was getting some in last week and were going to put a 1 per customer limit.

mcHughs originally had a 1 per customer limit but increased to.

I was told only 20 cases in all brought into Ireland. Seen a thing on Twitter were a guy based in the US was giving out about 4 packs going for $100 by touts. Lives up to the hype. Really great beer.

Thanks, got some. it really is lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Farmageddon's Porter is delicious. First time giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Grayditch wrote: »

I thought it was absolutely amazing, really really enjoyed it. The Amarillo S.M.A.S.H. on the other hand is bloody awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

I have a Mountain Man Sneaky Owl today.

Reminded me of the darker bitters I'd had while I was living in the UK for a bit.

Not bad at all really, and a nice break from the "lets make all the IPA's" approach of most Irish breweries at the minute.

Olde Gnarlywine Ale by Lagunutas, a 10.6% Barley Wine. Bloody nice but you wouldn't have more than one, it doesn't over do the hops and maybeva bit on the syrupy sweet side. I'd say this would be great if it sat a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

This is where I beg to differ. 3 bottles of Kinnegar (1500ml) for €11, is wayyyyy better and for more enjoyable to drink than a 6 pack of Miller (1980ml) for circa the same price. You'd be drinking the Kinneger at a slower pace too

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Olde Gnarlywine Ale by Lagunutas, a 10.6% Barley Wine.
    That in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Grayditch wrote: »

I agree. Wonderful beer.

jsa112 wrote: »
    That in Ireland ?

Got it in Cakifornia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

What's the scene like in Athlone these days?

Having a well deserved pint of Helvick Gold in the Cliff House Hotel at the moment.......and it tastes amazing. Maybe because it's close to the source. :)

I think I was always gonna have a Dungarvan beer when I got here, all those subliminal messages from the road signs on the way down! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Cliff House eh? Fancy!!!

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Having a well deserved pint of Helvick Gold in the Cliff House Hotel at the moment.......and it tastes amazing. Maybe because it's close to the source. :)

I think I was always gonna have a Dungarvan beer when I got here, all those subliminal messages from the road signs on the way down! :)
    Love their seasonal coffee and oatmeal stout. Bought the last one in my local last week. The long wait begins

dintbo wrote: »
    Cliff House eh? Fancy!!!

Damn straight! Dontchaknow! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

What's the scene like in Athlone these days?

Maguires on Connaught Street has the widest selection of bottles and is the closest to a true craft beer pub in the town.

The Malthouse in the center of town would be the next best and has had Bo Birtstle pale ale and imperial red on draught in the past.

Durty Harrys does 8 degree core range on draught .

Murphy's Law near the garda station has a small selection of bottles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement