Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Old Chub is a great beer.

This is the last beer I had while in California in September. Excellent, albeit with a humorous name.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Brewdog hello my name vlad
    Really good DIPA full of flavor and beautifully blanched.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nplunkett

Just been into my local Molloys. They have Kinnegar at 3 for €10, this includes the Maddyroe which they told me was a limited edition product.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Just cracked open my first Sierra Nevada Narwhal. What a beer! Can't believe it's over 10% ABV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Folks, I'm sure Seaneh would know the answer to this but, well, he's banned!

Does the Dark Horse in Blackrock have an offie? I assume it does, going by its previous incarnations.
    If so, I assume they have a good selection as opposed to the usual cans of blandness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Heroditas wrote: »
    Folks, I'm sure Seaneh would know the answer to this but, well, he's banned!

Does the Dark Horse in Blackrock have an offie? I assume it does, going by its previous incarnations.
    If so, I assume they have a good selection as opposed to the usual cans of blandness?

It has and has a decent craft selection

It has and has a decent craft selection

Giggity!
    I'm in the area tomorrow so can stock up then*

*unless their selection is "you can have whatever you want, so long as it's Galway Bay"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A bottle of Trouble Brewing Dark Arts Porter for me tonight... I do have a bottle of the Porterhouse Celebration Stout left, which I am eyeing up but I promised it to a friend! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

just had a btl of McGagrles pilsner and not impressed, no body or head and taste of butter scotch and for my sins just cracked open there IPA.

wont buy another beer from them till there up and running in Kilcock, am willing to give them another chance and hope they improve.

EDIT - The IPA is not as bad as the pilsner but it's not an IPA. i reckon i make better beer and im just hacking kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

A bottle of Trouble Brewing Dark Arts Porter for me tonight...

Where did you purchase the bottle of Dark Arts? Never see in stocked in any supermarkets or O'Brien's.

• Advertisement

blueshed wrote: »
    just had a btl of McGagrles pilsner and not impressed, no body or head and taste of butter scotch and for my sins just cracked open there IPA.

wont buy another beer from them till there up and running in Kilcock, am willing to give them another chance and hope they improve.

Their red and pale are equally awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Their red and pale are equally awful.

Seen so many bad reports on here about them I have avoided getting any for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Passenger wrote: »
    Where did you purchase the bottle of Dark Arts? Never see in stocked in any supermarkets or O'Brien's.

I got it in O'Briens in Carrickmines this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Seen so many bad reports on here about them I have avoided getting any for now.

was in the same boat but took a chance and bought 2 btls today, you win some and today i lost one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I got it in O'Briens in Carrickmines this evening.

Huh! Never stocked in the O'Brien's I've shopped in. Must ask them to get it in stock. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Giggity!
    I'm in the area tomorrow so can stock up then*

*unless their selection is "you can have whatever you want, so long as it's Galway Bay"

No they have others but if you are in Blackrock you should check out the Blackrock cellar

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just had a Gouden Carolus triple. A Belgian too far for me, you could taste the alcohol pretty strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Didn't want any strange last night so stuck to Founders All Day Session.

Tonight I'll mix it up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Any recommendations? I typically enjoy beers like Spaten and Perla (Polish brew). Looking for something a little bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Did a little taste testing between Ember Ella and 5AM Saint last night since both were on tap in the Bierhaus. Gotta say that Ember Ella beat it hands down. I would normally love 5AM Saint, but after the Ember Ella, it just tasted a little stale and not really that hoppy. But, really for the sake of fairness I would have to try tasting both of them again, having the 5AM Saint first this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

anyone been in Sweeny's lately? Heading down later, have they anything to look out for?

Was down in Ashtown earlier, and the Carry Out is closed for the day, anyone know why?

anyone been in Sweeny's lately? Heading down later, have they anything to look out for?

Was down in Ashtown earlier, and the Carry Out is closed for the day, anyone know why?

Hmmm it was closed yesterday too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Just in ATG for a swift Foam & Fury on my lunch break :D

Despite my earlier doubts about F&F, I do find it's grown on me, reminiscent of Goose Island IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Fullers India Pale Ale for this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Yeah look out for their prices ;p

with carry out closed in Ashtown, it's my closest proper offie, Tesco Finglas' choice has gone to the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

with carry out closed in Ashtown, it's my closest proper offie, Tesco Finglas' choice has gone to the dogs.

Drinkstore online orders then? I know its nice to have a browse instore though

Check out molloys in Finglas village, they've beefed up their craft range big time recently.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Drinkstore online orders then? I know its nice to have a browse instore though
    would they deliver tonight?
    nplunkett wrote: »
    Check out molloys in Finglas village, they've beefed up their craft range big time recently.

ah-ha, will go down there for a look then, used to go there years ago but got bored with the range they had.

• Advertisement

They have a few craft deals - kinnegar any 3for €10 incl the ltd edition Maddyroe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement