Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Looking for the name of a Gluten Free beer, comes in 500ml and has a brown label. 4.2% and available in the bar of the Bewley's Hotel in Leopardstown.

The label might not be brown, but it's definitely 500ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Looking for the name of a Gluten Free beer, comes in 500ml and has a brown label. 4.2% and available in the bar of the Bewley's Hotel in Leopardstown.

The label might not be brown, but it's definitely 500ml.

Hambleton GFA?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Wold Top Against the Grain?
    0001846_wold_top_against_the_grain_gluten_free_ale_50cl_400.jpeg

I'd say it's one of those alright, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a Kinnegar Cup and Saucer Coffee Stout last night, was nice but didnt blow me away, the coffee was there but the stout was a little light i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Just finishing a Black Donkey, Buck It. Its described as a hybrid ale. Not a bad beer all in all but I doubt I'll be getting another.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Naparbier's Hoppy Pills on tap. So fruity. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Picked up 6 Schofferhofer for 3.99 in the supermarket so will lay into them for the Cork Vs Dundalk game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Currently enjoying a Kinnegar Scraggy Bay IPA. Very tasty. Not overly hoppy with subtle flavour and a nice head.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Odells Trellis, very nice

• Advertisement

Evil Twin's Ashtray Heart. Only bought it cause it shares a name with one of my favourite songs.( Captain Beefheart's, not Placebo's)

Smoked porter. Really, really good beer.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Evil Twin's Ashtray Heart. Only bought it cause it shares a name with one of my favourite songs.( Captain Beefheart's, not Placebo's)

Smoked porter. Really, really good beer.

Where did you get that? The best smoked beer I've had recently was the anarchy smoked saison - proper smokey

Red Wolf wrote: »
    Where did you get that? The best smoked beer I've had recently was the anarchy smoked saison - proper smokey

The Beer Market in Christchurch. €9.50, but like I said. I had to try it.

Heading there tomorrow so will be sure to check it out.

+ 1 on C. Beefheart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

image.jpg

James Brown Brews

Chocolate Orange Stout purchased in O'Brien's.

Not much head. Kinda watery with a light texture. Minimal flavour and certainly no hint whatsoever of the Orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That Lagunitas is pretty tasty, supping on the cappuccino stout. Little sumpin is bítchin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

In the beer market....Christ they could have done with a bigger place.
    Having a victory dirty wolf.....damn it's good. Perfect balance of hops.

In the beer market....Christ they could have done with a bigger place.

They need to get a slimmer table beside the bar. The cut out with the ice for bottles is cool, though.

I'm in Brew Dock having a pint of the new Respect Yer Elders. A Scotch Ale.

It's very boring.

Liquid Monstrous is calling me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Local supermarket only recently started stocking Gakway Hooker's stout.

Magnificent stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Local supermarket only recently started stocking Gakway Hooker's stout.

Magnificent stuff.

Aye, seen a few of the GH brews in Tesco too.

I've heard that Tesco recently looked to up their game in regards to craft beer, and I don't mean getting their own range made.

Seemingly put someone who knows what he's doing in charge of buying and looking after the beer dept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jack the Lad IPA from Reel Deal. Disgraceful stuff, not sure why it's called an IPA. Might be an old bottle, thankfully someone gave it to me.

Also just being informed Martins are doing 4 Beavertown 8 ball bottles for a tenner. Still in date but probably a bit old since they are "out of date" in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

RasTa wrote:
    Jack the Lad IPA from Reel Deal. Disgraceful stuff, not sure why it's called an IPA. Might be an old bottle, thankfully someone gave it to me.

I'm no expert, but it didn't taste like an IPA to me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Grayditch wrote: »
    They need to get a slimmer table beside the bar. The cut out with the ice for bottles is cool, though.

It needs to be about 30cm higher than it is... or it it needs shorter stools! I had to move over to the bar.

Great bar with great staff though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've heard that Tesco recently looked to up their game in regards to craft beer, and I don't mean getting their own range made.

Seemingly put someone who knows what he's doing in charge of buying and looking after the beer dept

I hope you're right, because beyond Galway Hooker my local Tesco had nothing interesting at all this week (unless you count Innis & Gunn)
    Theyve gone backwards in theast 18 months.

Elsewhere I picked up a big bottle of Sierra Nevada's 2014 Northern Harvest wet hop IPA. Still superb. Wish I'd tried it a few months ago!

lk67 wrote: »
    It needs to be about 30cm higher than it is... or it it needs shorter stools! I had to move over to the bar.

Great bar with great staff though.

Their selection is very well thought out, and yeah, the staff are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

about 2 years ago they had a good selection of craft beers but over the last year i noticed in Maynooth and Naas shops there selection getting smaller and prices increasing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Had a can of metalman in MVP last night. Very watery, not half as nice as their draught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 tradluv

Reel Deel Jack the Lad.. yummm!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement