Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Had a can of metalman in MVP last night. Very watery, not half as nice as their draught.

Is it not the same beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lk67 wrote: »
    Is it not the same beer?

Doesn't taste like it to me. Maybe down to whatever process it goes through before putting it in a can

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So I've had a rotten cold for the last few weeks and really haven't felt like drinking beer at all. However that hasn't stopped me buying beer for when I'm well enough to enjoy it properly. :D

IMG-20150426-WA0000_zpsflzgvmin.jpg

IMG-20150426-WA0001_zpstuf1xdyi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Trying a bottle of "Omission" pale ale. It's a bit meh...had a few of lidl's "crafty beer company" pale ale last night and again they were a bit underwhelming.

The nicest I've had in ages has been Bru Rí...really lovely drop.

I'm a newbie to craft beers so I like to try at least 2 new bottles every weekend.

I'll report back next week on the cans of Tennants that the oul lad gave me recently...best before June 2012!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Your in the mood for some stout then!

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    Your in the mood for some stout then!

Yeah, I seem to have morphed into a stout drinker over the last while without really noticing it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Zaph wrote: »
    Yeah, I seem to have morphed into a stout drinker over the last while without really noticing it. :)

Great selection there. Where did you pick up the Founders KBS, Shanco Dubh, Farmageddon, incidentally?

Passenger wrote: »
    Great selection there. Where did you pick up the Founders KBS, Shanco Dubh, Farmageddon, incidentally?

Picked up the Shanco in Baggot St. Wines a few weeks ago, and the other two in Molloys in Clonsilla today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A growler of Beoir #2 certainly made Sunday more enjoyable. Delicious Imperial Red :) At first I was getting a strong alcohol taste, but as it warmed to the right temp, it all balanced out and I'm only disappointed I'm finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Wasn't a fan of kinnegars cup and saucer. Lagunitas cappucino stout on the other hand is very delicious.

• Advertisement

Haven't seen that around yet, must keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

It's in baggot street and redmond's. They have weird beard coffee stout which is very nice too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Had a Duxie Grapefruit Pale Ale last night. I have tried it twice before. The first time I had it it had a strong grapefruit flavour but then I only had one mouthful and had to run up the stairs to a sick child who woke up. The second time, I didn't get much at all but I was overtired so not sure if a bad batch or just not in a right state to taste.

Gave it one more try last night. This time the grapefruit was there but not overpowering, really fresh and citrusy flavours coming through. I really liked it, nice summertime ale. I could get the aftertaste of tea. One for the BH weekend for me. Hopefully the first two were just off in my mind because of external factors (child vomitting over a radio and too tired to enjoy) and it is more consistent than experience tells me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

One of the lads from St Mels brewry in Longford was giving out samples in McHugh's Artane on Friday night. I got their lagers, and having been dissapointed by irish craft lagers before, these two ( a Munich Helles and a Bock) were delicious. The Bock is a seasonal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

did you get a smokey flavour off the Bock?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

That bock is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Had a O'Hara's Dunkelweizen the weekend, got a growler of it. First beer in a long time that I didn't want to finish. Poured the second glass, took a few sips and left it for a glass of wine. Too much going on I think flavour wise.

Also had a Dungarvan Seaweed Saison which I'd get again, nice and refreshing.

Have a growler of Coisbo No4 Russian Imperial Stout in the fridge which I'm looking forward to.

I've heard that Tesco recently looked to up their game in regards to craft beer, and I don't mean getting their own range made.

Seemingly put someone who knows what he's doing in charge of buying and looking after the beer dept

I know a couple of buyers in there, must put the feelers out and see if I can be a consultant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ThisRegard wrote: »

Have a growler of Coisbo No4 Russian Imperial Stout in the fridge which I'm looking forward to.

Where you get this and how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Had a O'Hara's Dunkelweizen the weekend, got a growler of it. First beer in a long time that I didn't want to finish. Poured the second glass, took a few sips and left it for a glass of wine. Too much going on I think flavour wise.

Also had a Dungarvan Seaweed Saison which I'd get again, nice and refreshing.

I've only had one kind if Dunkelweizen. The one I had was malty with a cotton candy type taste and some clove. Is that what you got also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

One of the lads from St Mels brewry in Longford was giving out samples in McHugh's Artane on Friday night. I got their lagers, and having been dissapointed by irish craft lagers before, these two ( a Munich Helles and a Bock) were delicious. The Bock is a seasonal

The brown ale is very nice also. Doesn't have much competition in Newcy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That was the first beer I sampled at the Alltech fest this year and I loved it. Went back for another glass at the end of the evening. Where did you get the growler filled, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,588 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Had a couple of Birra Moretti last night, had bought them in a few weeks back as they were on special offer in Tesco's.

Had drunk these before when I was in Italy, but forgot how nice they taste.

RasTa wrote: »
    Where you get this and how much?

Carry Out Tyrrelstown from the growler station, €10.99 a litre.

An File wrote: »
    That was the first beer I sampled at the Alltech fest this year and I loved it. Went back for another glass at the end of the evening. Where did you get the growler filled, if you don't mind me asking?

Carry Out in Tyrrelstown.
    Ipso wrote: »
    I've only had one kind if Dunkelweizen. The one I had was malty with a cotton candy type taste and some clove. Is that what you got also?

I didn't really get the cotton candy bit, I think it was just too malty for me but I did get an after taste of clove or similar, which I'm not a fan of anyway so maybe it's just not a beer for me even though I'm generally a fan of wheat beers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In other news, I finally gave in and forked out for Ska's Decadent Imperial IPA. I'd read mixed reviews, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Packs a punch, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Love the Coisbo No4 and their Astoria black. Liked Ska's decadence, too.

Having good a Kirkstall Extra IPA. Nothing special. Kinda like a hoppy pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Finally got around to trying 8° Gasman last night, lovely stuff, have a brew going at the moment with Topaz in it, if turns out 1/10th as nice as that I will be a happy man!
    Tried BrewDog's Jack Hammer after a pils to clean out the gob, decent bitterness to it, went off BrewDog for a fair while lately as, think this may have gotten me back into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

mfceiling wrote: »
    Trying a bottle of "Omission" pale ale. It's a bit meh...had a few of lidl's "crafty beer company" pale ale last night and again they were a bit underwhelming.

The nicest I've had in ages has been Bru Rí...really lovely drop.

I'm a newbie to craft beers so I like to try at least 2 new bottles every weekend.

I'll report back next week on the cans of Tennants that the oul lad gave me recently...best before June 2012!!!!

Hadn't checked out Lidl's craft beers dince trying them all when they came out first.
    They only had red ale, Lager and stout then. Didn't know they had a pale ale, will try it out of curiosity of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

They are Rye River brews.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement