Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

janiejones wrote: »
    I had a Galway Bay Brewery / Teeling Whiskey 200 fathoms yesterday. Cost 8.49 but it was delicious. Like a chocolate stout with dessert whiskey. It’s 10% so I made it last, really impressed. Want to try the Franciscan Well / Jameson collaboration but I imagine that’s long sold out

Shop in Bray, Main St had a few bottles 2 day ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Decent price for a litre of Bloody Ell. Although won't be heading up to get some

CD7TvO7XIAEFvUL.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Getting the Evil Twin Simcoe Molotov cocktail now. Decent aroma from the Simcoe, moderate bitterness. Way way too sweet as in s really big mouth feel and tastes way too sugary. Doesn't taste like 13%

Not my type of DIPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

First time having the galway hooker stout. I like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

oranjeboom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Got the Laguintas Cappuchino stout and the Hopp Stoopid to celebrate the end of a bad week.

Any recommendations on serving temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

oranjeboom

It's a Lager not a tune!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQDIDknL1Y

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

CramCycle wrote: »
    Got the Laguintas Cappuchino stout and the Hopp Stoopid to celebrate the end of a bad week.

Any recommendations on serving temp.

I leave hop stoopid out of the fridge for 45 mins, brings out the pear flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A few cans of druids cider tonight.. no time to brew lately, no time to get to an off license other than the local shop. I do have a Lagunitas IPA for last orders..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fyne Ale - Naughty Black Ale
    Interesting beer, brewed with Ancho Chillies. Wouldn't really know the chillies were there unless I read the label. Nice beer though.

Having a bottle of Aotearoa by Naparbier now. Super hop bomb for its 5.4%
    Tastes lovely but there is a slight sweaty smell from the hops which I've just realised that I've gotten from other NZ hop beers. Still a really nice beer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Mikkeller did a porter with chilli's a few years ago, still think about it as it was rather good. Shame more breweries aren't using that combo

jsa112 wrote: »
    Mikkeller did a porter with chilli's a few years ago, still think about it as it was rather good. Shame more breweries aren't using that combo

Texas Ranger? They still make it. I really liked it, you could really taste the chillies though. I actually only bought a bottle of it recently, haven't drank it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Haven't seen it any of the usual places, did you order it online ?

On that note, been a while since I've had any mikkeller, some of their beers used to be really interesting. Still dream about Gypsy Tears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Myself and the wife went to the beer fest in york last September. Chilli porter on cask. She could have drank litres of it, was pretty amazing in all fairness

Haven't seen it any of the usual places, did you order it online ?
    Yeah bought it online.

On that note, been a while since I've had any mikkeller, some of their beers used to be really interesting. Still dream about Gypsy Tears
    They make some great stuff but they can be very hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

onto the bushmills so, good night Irene !!! :pac:

I leave hop stoopid out of the fridge for 45 mins, brings out the pear flavour.

Started it before the 45 was up as life is to short but it's nice to get the profile change as it warms up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Texas Ranger? They still make it. I really liked it, you could really taste the chillies though. I actually only bought a bottle of it recently, haven't drank it yet though.

Had one in the Salt House a few years ago, took a while to get used to but was weirdly okay, you wouldnt have more than one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

BaZmO* wrote:
    Having a bottle of Aotearoa by Naparbier now. Super hop bomb for its 5.4% Tastes lovely but there is a slight sweaty smell from the hops which I've just realised that I've gotten from other NZ hop beers. Still a really nice beer though.

Tried it on tap in AtG tonight, liked it OK, but not a patch on Aker IPA. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

janiejones wrote: »
    I had a Galway Bay Brewery / Teeling Whiskey 200 fathoms yesterday. Cost 8.49 but it was delicious. Like a chocolate stout with dessert whiskey. It’s 10% so I made it last, really impressed. Want to try the Franciscan Well / Jameson collaboration but I imagine that’s long sold out

If you're in Cork at all they have it in the gift shop in the Jameson distillery in Midleton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Tried it on tap in AtG tonight, liked it OK, but not a patch on Aker IPA. Lovely stuff.

Aker is one of my favourite IPAs. Only discovered it last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Trying out the Meantime London Porter (750 ML). Nice. Definitely would get it again.

Lagunitas - Cappuccino Stout. Beautiful beer. The nicest out of all the Lagunitas beers I've tried so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Had the Dungarvan seaweed Saison last night. Fantastic stuff, really impressive

Early contender for Irish beer of 2015

BrewDog IPA is Dead 2015 - Chinook

If there was an award for the brightest/clearest beer I think this one would win. It's like an amber crystal in the glass. Luckily enough it tastes great too. Although, an awful lot of BrewDog beers are starting to taste very samey to me, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just not a very interesting thing.

Tasted the Laguintas Cappuccino Stout tonight.

Delicious.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sharing a bottle of 200 Fathoms in Limerick with one of the lads after running a half marathon this morning. Celebrating in style.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Farmageddon's Amarillo S.M.A.S.H.

Second time having this and vastly different experience having stored it upright instead of on its side in the fridge. Silt/yeast took over last time and I could taste nothing else with way too much bitterness. This time round, smooth honey is coming through. Far more enjoyable. Never realised storing upright could make such a difference. I guess it has something to do with their beers being unfiltered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

dregin wrote: »
    Farmageddon's Amarillo S.M.A.S.H.

Second time having this and vastly different experience having stored it upright instead of on its side in the fridge. Silt/yeast took over last time and I could taste nothing else with way too much bitterness. This time round, smooth honey is coming through. Far more enjoyable. Never realised storing upright could make such a difference. I guess it has something to do with their beers being unfiltered?
    More likely to be an issue if they are bottle conditioned (are they?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

any yeast stirred up from horizontal storage shouldn't cause bitterness though.

How old is the beer? Hop bitterness can mellow out with age, but this is a fairly new beer anyway.

My guess is the beer or beers consumed beforehand may have been malt forward red ales or stouts on the first occasion, and IPAs or similar on the second occasion.

Could cause the drinker to notice hops more if the hoppy beer was preceded by a non hoppy, and then perceive the malt profile more if the preceding beers were hoppier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement