Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

8 Degrees Oxymoron, on draught at the Bierhaus in Cork.

Like Hoegaarden on steroids, really really fruity, a ridiculously summery beer. Very enjoyable.

Also had some Lagunitas IPA, again draught. Class. Powerfully hoppy.

And finally got round to trying a can of Metalman. Excellent beer, tasted really fresh and strong.

Wasn't a fan of Oxymoron. Got a slight antiseptic taste from it, finished it none the less but only because it was 330ml! Might try it again, just to be sure.

Also Metalman cans are pure meh imo. I know it's not supposed to be a full blown IPA but found the cans very insipid compare to draft, which I actually quite like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Wasn't a fan of Oxymoron. Got a slight antiseptic taste from it, finished it none the less but only because it was 330ml! Might try it again, just to be sure.

Also Metalman cans are pure meh imo. I know it's not supposed to be a full blown IPA but found the cans very insipid compare to draft, which I actually quite like.

Might be a consistency thing on both counts. You had the Oxymoron from a bottle, yeah? I had it on draught, tasted very clean to me, haven't tasted it from the bottle. I found the Metalman to be much fresher tasting than the last few times I've had it on draught (it's been a while in fairness though).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Kinnegar Yannaroddy. Tasty enough without being spectacular, but I can't get even the slightest hint of coconut smell or taste from it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Zaph wrote: »
    Kinnegar Yannaroddy. Tasty enough without being spectacular, but I can't get even the slightest hint of coconut smell or taste from it.

I really like that stuff, but I'd agree on the coconut thing. Never able to taste it.

Bottle of OFAF tonight, and Rory Gallagher's greatest hits playing in the background. Just because. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Tempted' dry cider. Smashing cider, wish it was widely available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Cotton Ball Kerry Lane Pale Ale - Super smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

To Ol insane in the grain - very malty and creamy but dry IPA. It could use more bitterness and aroma.

I like my IPAs unbalanced... The other way around to this one. Still a very good beer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lots of new stuff in Drinkstore today. Had to get out quick before I ended call from the bank manager!

Having 8'Degrees Oxymoron. Not sure this one works, very bitter finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Anyone seen Little Creatures pale ale in Dublin recently ?
    I know there's other pale ales but it's for nostagilic reasons.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Was browsing drinkstore after Bazmos post earlier and saw it on there

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Was browsing drinkstore after Bazmos post earlier and saw it on there

There were boxes of the stuff there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Jack Cody's Drogheda Cream Stout.

B9a_UDe_PIIAEId_L.jpg

Medium body. Moderate carbonation but a nice flavoursome bite to it. Quite nice. Purchased from O'Brien's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Sierra Nevada 2015 Beer Camp : it's a lager !

Ok it's a lager but with plenty of hops.
    It's start of light and a bit malty then the hops finish off.

I'd say it would be good for a few in the sun but noticed it was 7% but certainly didn't taste like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hoppy lagers aren't bad, JDW had/have one and it's decent enough really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Thanks.

O briens in dun Laoghaire have it as do Naas so id imagine its available in most. I was v underwhelmed by it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Picked up the Ipa is dead pack today, has anybody tried mixing any of them and if so any good/better?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Missing the idea behind the series if you are planning on mixing them

jsa112 wrote: »
    Missing the idea behind the series if you are planning on mixing them

Wasn't planning on it until the guy in the offo who sold them to me mentioned it so thought I'd throw it up here.

I suppose the fact that the ipa is dead series is dreadful, wouldn't hurt to mix some of them. Curious what the Mandarina Bavaria will be like.

Yeah mixing them would be a against the spirit of the reason for brewing them.

I actually thought this years was quite nice. Nothing amazing, but decent enough.

Ella & Pioneer were my favourites. I don't think I was in the humour for beer when I tried the Mandarina Bavaria, although you can see where the hop gets its name from, smells like a bag of mandarins. The Chinook is nice too, thought it tasted quite like their Hoppy Christmas beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Had a delicious bottle of BrewDog's 'Restorative Beverage For Invalids and Convalescents' last night, pricey but well worth it. If you are into your hop-forward beers and need some medicine to deal with exam stress then this is just what the doctor ordered :D

Thought 8 Degrees oxymoron wit beer was not great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Stumbled upon The Purty Kitchen in monkstown. Enjoying a pint of trouble brewing centennial smash

Stumbled upon The Purty Kitchen in monkstown. Enjoying a pint of trouble brewing centennial smash

2 Mins from me, great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

2 Mins from me, great spot!

They have a great selection. They have bottles of timothy Taylor landlord. . I forsee one in my future

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

They have a great selection. They have bottles of timothy Taylor landlord. . I forsee one in my future

Great to know! Moving to Monks town soonish.

Having Ska's session IPA right now. This is my summer beer!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Great to know! Moving to Monks town soonish.

Having Ska's session IPA right now. This is my summer beer!

Just had Ska's Imperial IPA. Not bad, but didn't have quite the kick I'd expected @ 10% ABV.

Dungarvan/Nøgne Ø Seaweed Saison.

Initially wasn't sure about this one, but after I realised that the slightly strange aftertaste was salt, I'm really enjoying it. I'd say it'd pair beautifully with some fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Grabbed a 6 pack of Brooklyn lager there. Stupid shop hasnt restocked their Brown Ale yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

The wife surprised me with a few bottles of Jever Pilsener. Have to say it's gorgeous, really like it.

Anyone else tried it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement