Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Going to a birthday party/small festival where Farmageddon will be providing the brews. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Had a black coffee IPA a few nights back, this particular one, http://mchughs.ie/brown-paper-bag-project-kompaan-black-coffee-ipa-33cl.

I found it to be a very nice infusion that blended well with a subtle coffee taste followed by a nice bitter hop taste.

Growlers going into the Next Door over beside The 57 today
    Just dropped in and grabbed 750ml fliptops of each of the brews. They currently have Sheep Steeler and Jack The Lad.

2L Growlers are currently 7 euro to buy and 12 euro to fill.
    750ml Bottles are 7.50 to fill and the bottle is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

dregin wrote: »
    Just dropped in and grabbed 750ml fliptops of each of the brews. They currently have Sheep Steeler and Jack The Lad.

Are these the same type of bottles as in baggot street wines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

dregin wrote: »

Are those prices standard or determined on the beer like in other places ?

Sheep Stealer is great.

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Are these the same type of bottles as in baggot street wines?
    Never gotten any from Baggot Street. Similar to the flip tops that the cask aged Leann Foileann from O'Haras comes in.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are those prices standard or determined on the beer like in other places ?

Sheep Stealer is great.
    He said they've currently got the wrong bottles and will be getting 1L bottles in next week and is pricing accordingly because of the wrong bottles... I expect that means prices will be fluctuating based on contents, but are flat for now while they sort out the bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Sorry lads, what's this talk of refillable bottles? Where are yous buying this stuff from? What's a growler? Someone should do a FAQ on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

emo72 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, what's this talk of refillable bottles? Where are yous buying this stuff from? What's a growler? Someone should do a FAQ on this.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+beer+growler+%3F

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Mesrine65 wrote: »

Oh you big meanie ya! I kinda guessed that. Obviously I want to know where you are getting it from? Which pub? What beers are available? Currently been gorging myself on poachers pale ale, but it tastes better on tap in the pub rather than the bottle. So is there something close to that ale that is recommended that can be bought in large volumes for home use? This is as specific as I can be. Ya swine ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Has anyone been in Carlingford lately? on a stag tomorrow and wondering if there's much of a selection in the pubs, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

I'm going to drop into to salthouse I can only have 1 pint or 2 halfs what should I have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Laguinitas IPA on tap in Blue Bar Skerries....niice

Has anyone been in Carlingford lately? on a stag tomorrow and wondering if there's much of a selection in the pubs, cheers.

Was there last year and a few pubs had carrigh beers. The IPA is decent.

Edit: thinking of wrong town. But do remember carlingford having a couple of choices too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

What style is it?

It's an extra stout, 5.4%, coffee and vanilla flavours

Had a few yannaroddy earlier. I like it and can still get the coconut. Surprised that some can't. It's not the main flavour but is there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

RadikAle launch in Bierhaus tonight. I really liked the bottle but the keg version was even better. Tasted fresher and a little bit hoppier. The dry hopped cask was beautiful. Looking forward to the next offering.

The cask really was something else. Best cask I've had in quite a while. Looking forward to trying his Dubble now. I heard good things about it last night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

finatron wrote: »
    I'm going to drop into to salthouse I can only have 1 pint or 2 halfs what should I have ?

Goodbye Blue Monday, absolutely. Maybe see if they have any specials on cask as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Also, I'm treating myself to a bottle of Kentucky Breakfast Stout tonight. Just need to finish a glass of white wine first... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Evil Twin brewey Molotov cocktail : this is a beast of a beer. It's got tropical flavours , oranges and herbal hops. It's like a mini bomb went off in my mouth.

There's a lot going in with this one. Definitely a sipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

Elbow lane Angel stout. soooo chocolatey. Delicious

More so than a youngster double chocolate which is a personal favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Glass of Mikkeller black in the Beer Market. Amazing. Like being Fu*ked in the mouth by an angel :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Beavertown Black Betty, dry & bitter, a damn fine black IPA

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Not G.R wrote: »
    Glass of Mikkeller black in the Beer Market. Amazing. Like being Fu*ked in the mouth by an angel :pac:

This is one great beer review. Might have to go across n try it before it's gone . Was only tapped yesterday right?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Beavertown Smog Rocket and Bloody 'Ell. Both delicious and going on my special treat list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

nosietoes wrote: »
    This is one great beer review. Might have to go across n try it before it's gone . Was only tapped yesterday right?

I try. :pac: Last night AFAIK. It's €11 a go but worth every cent. I'd have kicked myself if I missed out on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

nosietoes wrote: »

it's on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Picked up a bottle of dungarvans seaweed Saison. I absolutedly hate duilisk but it works well with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,410 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If I wasn't too lazy I would C+P that post to the Dumb/Great Facebook Status thread.

Fairly neutral day for me. Couple of Independent Pales earlier followed by a Hopplehammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

One of my all time favorite beers had it on tap in a brilliant craft beer bar I found in Munich last summer. I pretty sure I didn't pay as much as €11 for it .I'm guessing that could be the tax here driving up the price.

Your description also reads like your giving an Angel a sexy favour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Out of your gourd pumpkin porter. Vile nasty stuff, the taste is over whelmed with cloves and it's so syrupy it's like cough medicine. Seems to get good reviews so what do I know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement