Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Had a bottle of Elbow Lane's Arrow Weisse last night. It was ok, very light body and a bit heavy on the clove taste for my liking. But, hopefully we'll start seeing more of their stuff being bottled from now on.

Followed that up with some Oxymoron. Interesting idea and some of the tastes throughout were lovely individually, but overall they didn't work well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a 12 acres pale ale last night. Could be a nice sessionable beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I thought it was one of the best beers on show that day in the Herbert Park tbh.

I thought it was one of the best beers on show that day in the Herbert Park tbh.

Me too. Last night was my first time having it since then and still agree that it's a fine beer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Finally cracked open a bottle of 200 Fathoms. Holy sh*t, that is sublime. I think Not G.R's angel might be a bit of a slut and is doing the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Agreed was up there alright. Haven't seen bottles of it still anywhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Zaph wrote: »
    Finally cracked open a bottle of 200 Fathoms. Holy sh*t, that is sublime. I think Not G.R's angel might be a bit of a slut and is doing the rounds.

Where did you pick it up?

Got it about 2 months ago in Baggot Street Wines. Long gone even by the time I picked mine up I'm afraid.

Got it about 2 months ago in Baggot Street Wines. Long gone even by the time I picked mine up I'm afraid.

Yeah :/ I just thought you might have found a recent stash somewhere :D

limnam wrote: »
    Yeah :/ I just thought you might have found a recent stash somewhere :D

If I did I wouldn't be sharing that info here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

If I did I wouldn't be sharing that info here. :D

Being the dasterdly fellow I am I checked all GBB bars and all the usual off licenses yesterday looking for one or two bottles. Thought there might be a few knocking around for world whiskey day. To no avail I might add.

How's this years? Didn't get a bottle unfortunatly. Last years yellow spot aged were phenomenoal.

I didn't have any of last year's, but this year's is exceptional. It's thick, rich and treacly. Absolutely pitch black, almost like Turkish coffee rather than beer, and the whiskey doesn't overpower it in any way. It's incredibly well balanced and a joy to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

I was a little disappointed with it maybe I had built it up too much for myself. I got 2 bottels want to see how well it well age

Is OFAF being discontinued?

Haven't seen anything about it. What did you hear?

That it's being discontinued due to a hop issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Could very well be the case alright. The € v $ issue means American hops are rocketing in price. If margins are being squeezed, they may prefer to discontinue it for the time being rather than lash up the prices. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

I also heard that the Red Ale is to be phased out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

There was an article in the Sunday business post last weekend interviewing niall and he said that they were having issues sourcing hops for ofaf and it was affecting beer quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

a few new one for me over the last couple of weeks..

Dungarvan - Mahon Falls - decent, but not overly impressed
    Radik - Pale Ale - had this on draft on launch night in Bierhaus, really nice.
    Anchor - IPA - decent, but not as good as lagunitas
    Franciscan Well - Chieftain IPA - had this on draft at Well, really nice.
    Franciscan Well - Jameson Pale Ale - bottle of this at Well, really good.
    Franciscan Well - Shandon Stout - had this on draft at Well, not a great stout lover and this didn't convert me.
    Steenberge - Piraat - kinda partial to strong Belgium stuff and this did not disappoint. Fantastic beer.

• Advertisement

Is Radik in Dublin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Yep seen it around the usual places, 500ml bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

That it's being discontinued due to a hop issue.

Thats terrible news, losing by far the best Irish hoppy beer.

Has anybody seen widmer upheaval around? A cracking wheat IPA, they had it on movies and booze on newstalk last Friday.

Thats terrible news, losing by far the best Irish hoppy beer.

Has anybody seen widmer upheaval around? A cracking wheat IPA, they had it on movies and booze on newstalk last Friday.

Tweet Dean and ask him

https://twitter.com/BeerPadawan

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I tweeted Jason and asked him. It is not being discontinued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Funnily enough I'm drinking said beer right now. Bought the glass from their online shop.

11218623_10153891324154947_6300577634268309383_n.jpg?oh=6a4bb17ea8f06825b7b29768b1a11680&oe=56040449&__gda__=1439572032_683eb20987eab83653e2d82c125672ef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Does that have the bottling date on it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

DarrenG wrote: »
    Funnily enough I'm drinking said beer right now. Bought the glass from their online shop.

That glass is lovely. I had no idea Galway Bay had a shop on their website. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

An File wrote: »

Think it only launched last week.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »

Just looked there. Shipping is a bit pricey 5e per item.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement