Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

finatron wrote: »
    Where did you get the heady topper?

On beer festival(abroad)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

CramCycle wrote: »
    That's quite a change since I was last there about a month and a bit ago. Might have to pay her a re visit.
    BeerNut wrote: »
    They've had BrewDog for years. Didn't used to be €6.40 a pint, mind :(

I really must be an unobservant muppet, I honestly never noticed it and I used to frequent the place regularly until about a year and a half ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

They've had BrewDog for years. Didn't used to be €6.40 a pint, mind :(

6.40 a pint for 5am Saint is sn absolute pics take. Great beer but feck sake like.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

They do a weekly deal where craft beer pints are 4 euros, I think its on mondays or Wednesdays. I am assuming that 5AM Saint is in that...Taphouse are equally expensive fwiw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Oh, is it not Tuesdays, I'd love it to be Tuesdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

CramCycle wrote: »
    I really must be an unobservant muppet, I honestly never noticed it and I used to frequent the place regularly until about a year and a half ago.
    I was there about 3-4 months ago and it's pretty much the same menu they had then. All good, bar the pricing!

jsa112 wrote: »
    They do a weekly deal where craft beer pints are 4 euros, I think its on mondays or Wednesdays. I am assuming that 5AM Saint is in that...Taphouse are equally expensive fwiw

It's Mondays, just checked, as I can justify that one of the Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Currently drinking the last bottle a Three Floyd's Zombie dust clone.....

Sad day today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_179936.jpg

Camden Town Black Friday

On draught in The Beer Market. A very tangy and hoppy Black Pilsner. Not for me tbh.

1_105182134_3.jpg

Founders Breakfast Stout.

On draught in The Beer Market. Nice, roasty and flavoursome with a hint of chocolate and coffee. All round quality sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Currently drinking the last bottle a Three Floyd's Zombie dust clone.....

Sad day today. :(

You made me crack one of my 5 day in bottle open last night, went mosaic instead of citra. Not carbed fully but sense it's going to be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Tried some Beavertown Neck Oil Session pale Ale. Really liked it. Extremely drinkable, only had 2 cans but would have slaughtered a few more.

Its only 4.3% and has a bitter citrus aftertaste but its very slight. Pity its so expensive (in my local off licence anyway) €3.50 a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Got a bottle of 200fathoms based on all the talk here.

I love my imperial stouts and whiskey so should be a match made in heaven.

In other news I fancied a few red ales so got a couple of bottles of Galway bay red ale.

I've had it before and thought it was so so but thought I'd give it another chance in case they'd changed the recipe or I was wrong first time round but nope, still very so so particularly by Galway Bays high standards.

RasTa wrote: »
    You made me crack one of my 5 day in bottle open last night, went mosaic instead of citra. Not carbed fully but sense it's going to be good

Bet that will be tasty, had a Russian single hop IPA last month. Mosaic is really tasty, that beer had way too much crystal in it though.

Bottled my zombie dust clone in December, the profile held up really well. I was surprised as I heard on beersmith that citra dies off pretty quick.

Red ales ARE so so by their very nature.

Red ales ARE so so by their very nature.

I really dont see the point of them. I hate the term meh...... But it perfectly describes red ales.

American ambers on the other hand can be outstanding.

Having Wicklow Wolf india pale ale, nice tang of grapefruit from her,

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

8 degrees launched a seasonal IPA at ABV fest over the weekend. Anybody try it? Any use?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Not G.R wrote: »
    8 degrees launched a seasonal IPA at ABV fest over the weekend. Anybody try it? Any use?

Wasn't mad on it myself, found the hops to be quite grassy. But it went down well with the punters at the same time. Worth a try anyway.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I've been given a bottle of Tsarina Esra. The label says enjoy within 25 years with a best before date ending in 2039! Not sure if I should drink it soon or stick in the brother's cellar (well hidden).

tsarina-esra-bier-brouwerij-de-molen-33cl.jpg

Dropped into the Tap House in Ranelagh yesterday evening, I'm not ususally over that side of the city, so it was a nice change.

Lovely pub, and a decent selection.

I had O Brother's The Chancer APA, a nice thirst quencher that went down pretty well out on the sunny balcony, I love the range these guys are producing, top beers.

I then had to decide between Sabotage and Full Irish, I was going to drink a pint of both, but I think I chose the wrong order.

Full Irish first, a well worn path at this stage for me, I love the beer. Then the Sabotage afterwards, and all I could taste was the malt such was the hop residue from the Full Irish, so I didn't enjoy it.

top boozer though, pity I don't get a chance to go over more often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭billythefish99

irish_goat wrote: »
    I've been given a bottle of Tsarina Esra. The label says enjoy within 25 years with a best before date ending in 2039! Not sure if I should drink it soon or stick in the brother's cellar (well hidden).

Youre welcome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

irish_goat wrote: »

Baltic Porter? I'd say it'd be really heavy on the malt? I'd love to try it of course! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Baby cans of Five Lamps

The stuff must be made from magic!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Baby cans of Five Lamps
    An advantage of moving production from Eight Degrees to C&C there. I wonder how it would fare in a blind taste against Clonmel 1650 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

An advantage of moving production from Eight Degrees to C&C there. I wonder how it would fare in a blind taste against Clonmel 1650 :P

But what brave soldier would take that task on? Do it for the Team!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Black bucket and padrino is on in the brew dock....why did I drive in today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

how long I wonder till there is only one lager been brewed............. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's not intended to be a permanent arrangement, say Five Lamps. They'll be re-assessing where they are and what they're doing after the summer. Hopefully they'll expand their own brewhouse and move all production there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Trying to decide whether to drink a Brewdog Born to Die, or Beavertown Skull King!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Had a Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter last night.

Had been told it was "grand, but nothing to excited about it" before I didn't go out of my way to find it but when it showed up in a near by O'Brien's I grabbed a bottle.

It's really nice, but there's better to be had for me, the likes of Modushoperandi and Odell IPA are superior and more readily available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement