Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I liked Hop Hunter, but I dunno if I'd grab it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Haven't tried one of them yet. I'll try and pick one up the weekend. Quite fond of the Odell's stuff :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shepherd Neame 1698 Kentish Strong Ale.

The first "proper" beer I ever tried, and I haven't been able to find it since. That is, until this week! And I've grown to like it even more as time has gone on. Goes down very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Modus hoperandi

Oh oops, forgot to say. Were going for two fifty a can in Drinkstore as of last week. Jackpot. Apparently they had 30 crates of the stuff to move at that price. May still be on. Worth dropping by to check out if anyone's in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Born to die.

This is incredible. Hope this is a regular thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Born to die.

This is incredible. Hope this is a regular thing.

Where? Where? Where? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

how much did it cost Creamy Goodness ?

Seems offys were only getting 1 case of 12 bottles so its selling out fast

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

I saw somewhere there was only 60 bottles for the Irish market.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

O'Sheas Irish Pale Ale

Delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

To Øl Snowball Saison. Really liked it.

Also had one of the 8 Degrees Oxymoron Kiwi Wit which I didn't really enjoy, Probably just personal preference. Was just too tart and citrusy for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Where? Where? Where? :-)

I'd say he got it in Hollands of Bray who've already tweeted that they've sold their 12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

The Kinsale Black IPA has to be one of the finest beers brewed in Ireland. It's become my automatic choice, so fecking good every time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

limnam wrote: »
    I saw somewhere there was only 60 bottles for the Irish market.
    I saw that too. Richard in DrinkStore said there were ten cases, which would make 120 bottles. I paid €10.99. FourCorners tweeted everywhere they delivered bottles to yesterday; The Beer Market got the one keg.

Hopefully there's some left northside today.

jsa112 wrote: »
    how much did it cost Creamy Goodness ?

Seems offys were only getting 1 case of 12 bottles so its selling out fast
    I'd say he got it in Hollands of Bray who've already tweeted that they've sold their 12

Baldy is right, Hollands is where I got it. Think it was about 10.50, I bought an IPA is Dead pack with it so whatever price that is subtract that and you'll know :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How is the beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Picked up a bottle of Born to Die in Drinkstore last night, the had about 4 or 5 bottles left around 8 PM yesterday.

It cost around €10.50 - it plus 3 bottles of Hop Hunter (3.50) came to 21 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Apparently The Beer Market have a key keg of Born to Die. The only one in the country

I saw a picture if it last night.

Here it is

CGGoQvLW0AApbOo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Picked up a born to die, O'Dell's tree shaker imperial peach IPA and a slab of widmer upheaval IPA.

Upheaval is a year old, 6 for €10!!! Cracking beer when its fresh, haven't sampled the year old batch.

Here it is

Might be time for my first visit to the beer market

I've not been in either, and I'm not in a rush - there'll be something decent on when I eventually go in, and I'm not losing sleep about what I've missed, if I was going in there to sample everything I wanted to I'd need a new liver or two.

I've not been in either, and I'm not in a rush - there'll be something decent on when I eventually go in, and I'm not losing sleep about what I've missed, if I was going in there to sample everything I wanted to I'd need a new liver or two.

Similar to why I haven't been in. If I lived near it or was passing I'd happily drop in for a pint but I've not been too pushed to go out of my way to get there. But if there is something very limited (in both bottles and keg) it would be the push to make me head over

RasTa wrote: »
    How is the beer?

Very like Stone's enjoy by. Full on hops. Very fresh goes down incredibly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ouch! My Born to Die cost €11.99 in Baggott Street Wines. Haven't tried it yet.

Southside premium. I had to fight my way up Manor Street with a syringe to buy mine. Worth it to save a euro, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

How does it compare with Hardcore and Foam and Fury ? Think 12 euros is too steep for me sadly

One report says you'd be better off buying Jackhammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

jsa112 wrote: »
    How does it compare with Hardcore and Foam and Fury ? Think 12 euros is too steep for me sadly

Hard to beat Hop Priority triple IPA, 12 euro a litre from some carry out stores

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement