Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Enjoying a Un-Human Cannonball by Magic Rock. Truely deserves the hype. Dangerously drinkable for 11%ABV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I've a Bloody Ell and a Holy Cowbell, not sure which order to drink these in, probably start on the Bloody from the fridge, take out the Holy and let it warm up a bit while drinking the Bloody.

Two magnificent beers either way.

Also got a bottle of Dobber IPA from Manchester's Marble Brewery. Based on the website description I'm intrigued to try it, so probably go for that one first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Debating if tonight is the night that I'm going to drink the bottle of Black Tokyo Horizon that I've been ageing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Passenger wrote: »
    Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout and Beerd Baron Samedi Porter both on draught in The Beer Market.

My opinion on these is as follows...

55404433.jpg

Did you chase them with a lady boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Ipso wrote: »
    Did you chase them with a lady boy?

https://youtu.be/yq0BITsiqQg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Picked up a brown paper bag coffee Ipa in the local supervalu of all places. Every month the craft beer section in the place gets bigger, must be at least 100 different bottles in the place now.

On a side note I had to put the bottle of White hags black boar back on the shelf and pick up founders dirty bastard instead. the dirty bastard was 1.40 cheaper.
    I know the black boar is stronger, but feck sake they don't have to fly it over from the states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Bruges Zot and Straffe Hendrick, Belgian Quads are just smashing.

Also got a bottle of Dobber IPA from Manchester's Marble Brewery. Based on the website description I'm intrigued to try it, so probably go for that one first.

This is decent enough, not a full on hop bomb, but the tropical NZ hops are nicely refreshing - they've a huge range of beers, be nice to see a few of them over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone know if Independent Brewery IPA should be cloudy like a wheat beer?

does it say "Bottle Conditioned" on the label?

• Advertisement

It was in a growler that my wife picked up for me and the label doesn't give any indication on its appearance or ageing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

I had a growler of it around 2 weeks ago and it was crystal clear if i remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Old Peculier, Bo Bristle Amber and Mountain Man Sneaky Owl for the evenings entertainment. Enjoying the bo bristle, not like a usual amber,closer to a mildly hoppy ipa for me.

jsa112 wrote: »
    I had a growler of it around 2 weeks ago and it was crystal clear if i remember correctly

Cheers, I thought that should be the case as it doesn't taste great.

Can't really complain to her as I asked her to pick me up a couple of random bottles when in the supermarket but she went out of her way to get that.

will you contact Independent about it?

Take a quick snap of it beside the bottle and email it to them, I'm sure they'll appreciate the feedback

I might do. She did say it was the end of the keg and got a discount so I reckon it might be the sediment and stuff, if it exists, so most likely an issue with the place that filled it.

I kept the Holy Cowbell til after the Bloody Ell.

Bloody Ell is a damn good beer, but Holy Cowbell is simply perfect, it has everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Trouble Brewing Hop Priority Triple IPA - this is outstanding, better than OFAF (although I haven't had one of them in a long time). It actually doesn't taste as strong (11.1% Vs 8.5% IIRC), although it does have a distinct "warming" alcohol aftertaste there. Very hoppy and low carbonation - it's from a growler and I'm never convinced by the fizzyness levels from them lads. It was €23.99 for 2l in Carryout, I saw OFAF for €6.49 for 500ml in O'Briens yesterday so it's slightly better value.

at 11.1% that's much better value imo.

That growler system in Carryout should mean the beer is as carbed coming out of the growler as it is from draught beer in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Kingfisher premium Actually quite nice for a cheap lager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

BeerNut wrote: »
    One report says you'd be better off buying Jackhammer.
    This was exactly my thought :pac:

Or some 8 degrees beers for even cheaper.

A typical Brew Dawg experience for me, lots of wordy promises and buzz through exclusivity for a pretty good uncomplicated beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Born to die just put on draft in the beer market. Funny enough, I happened to be passing and the wind blew me in.

Very very good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

slayerking wrote: »
    Born to die just put on draft in the beer market. Funny enough, I happened to be passing and the wind blew me in.

Very very good beer.

There should be someway of knowing without going in what they have on draft and what they will be having in the next 24 hours on draft...id spend so much more money in there then

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Very very good beer.

How much did it set you back? Might pop in later

revz wrote: »
    How much did it set you back? Might pop in later

Do you really want to know..... 9 quid for 375ml.
    Its a one and done job. Lovely spot but I'll only ever go to the beer market for these rarities.

There should be someway of knowing without going in what they have on draft and what they will be having in the next 24 hours on draft...id spend so much more money in there then

Twitter is your best bet, that's how I got word of born to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

375ml? Have they changed their glasses

RasTa wrote: »
    375ml? Have they changed their glasses

Oops, its actually 330ml. Just checked the menu.
    I'm not here enough to know if they changed their glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Do you really want to know..... 9 quid for 375ml.
    Its a one and done job. Lovely spot but I'll only ever go to the beer market for these rarities.

Haha, I'm the same myself. I had guessed €8-8.50, so not far off what I was expecting.
    I've paid €11.50 for the Mikkeler Black there, I don't think I'll be spending >€10 on a glass again, but if I'm nearby I'll probably head in for the Born To Die. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think when I eventually make it into the Beer Market for a drink I'll be on my lonesome because at those kind of prices there'll be no way I'd convince any mates to go. Even if they were buying the cheaper options I'd have to listen to them telling me how nuts I was buying the more expensive stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement