Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Try to ignore this site also when you see a link, I'm trying really hard
    http://www.bieresgourmet.be/catalog/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,486 ✭✭✭Heroditas

In other news, apparently rumours concerning the imminent demise of Of Foam and Fury have been greatly exaggerated.
    Galway Bay have no intention of discontinuing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Super Valu Knocklyon growler system installed, no beer yet it looks like.

CGlEQqFW0AAmlH6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Founders Centennial.. like a broken record I have to say it really is a beautiful drink.

I tasted the Curee Delphine (The Truth Will Set You Free) at the last Fran Well Oktoberfest. I don't remember much from that night, but I do remember that was one of the finest beers there. Very smooth, with rich chocolate and coffee flavors, if I remember correctly. A damn fine beer!

It's nice, getting fig, orange and vanilla, warm but smooth.

Prairie Bomb! was divine. Cocoa, vanilla and ancho chillies do a really nice subtle job there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

snowblind wrote: »
    It's nice, getting fig, orange and vanilla, warm but smooth.

Prairie Bomb! was divine. Cocoa, vanilla and ancho chillies do a really nice subtle job there...

How long did they take to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Founders Centennial.. like a broken record I have to say it really is a beautiful drink.

i am with you, my go to at this stage. It is just outstanding, got some dated in Dec 15 and my god it is unreal.

€2.50 a can, great value

RasTa wrote: »
    How long did they take to arrive?

Just about a week. What did you get?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A very generous shopkeeper gave me 2 bottles of Stormy Port and 2x Buried At Sea for a tenner. I think he's trying to clear his shelf of "crafty beers". Nice dude. I enjoyed a well-priced bottle of porter tonight anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Super Valu Knocklyon growler system installed, no beer yet it looks like.

CGlEQqFW0AAmlH6.jpg

Win Win for them as I guess there will be lots of so-called beer experts walking out with bottles of foam..

• Advertisement

snowblind wrote: »
    Just about a week. What did you get?

Stouts mainly, I'll post up a pic when they arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Siren liquid mistress in The Salt House last night, absolutely superb beer.

get your hands on Liquid Monstrous then!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's strange that Liquid Mistress (great beer btw) is listed as an Amber Ale, but the Liquid Monstrous is described as a boosted version of the Mistress, but they're calling it a Imperial Red IPA. :confused:

Brewers really do talk nonsense when it comes to genre-fying their beers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's strange that Liquid Mistress (great beer btw) is listed as an Amber Ale, but the Liquid Monstrous is described as a boosted version of the Mistress, but they're calling it a Imperial Red IPA. :confused:
    The brewery calls Liquid Mistress a red IPA and Liquid Monstrous an imperial red IPA. "Nonsense" maybe, but fairly straightforward.

I loved Liquid Mistress but though Liquid Monstrous was absolutely awful.

in my opinion, an Amber Ale is just a hoppy red anyway. We can get into the specifics of malt bills and EBC and what have you, but it's all uber-nerdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BeerNut wrote: »
    The brewery calls Liquid Mistress a red IPA and Liquid Monstrous an imperial red IPA. "Nonsense" maybe, but fairly straightforward.

Sorry, you're right. I was looking at the Ratebeer description and it said Amber Ale.
    BeerNut wrote: »
    I loved Liquid Mistress but though Liquid Monstrous was absolutely awful.
    Yeah sometimes it's hard to improve on something that's already really nice. A lot of the time it's best to just it alone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Sorry, you're right. I was looking at the Ratebeer description and it said Amber Ale.
    That's what I'd call it, and Liquid Monstrous an "imperial amber", but I guess the letters I, P and A sell beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Had a couple of Lucky SOB Irish Red Ale last night. Was pleasantly surprised. Very nice and smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Couple of beers worthy of mention..

200 fathoms is amazing.

Based on their stormy port brew I knew they could do stout but by god 200 fathoms is up there as one of the best imperial stouts I've had.

Thick, creamy, chocolatey with the warmth that an imperial aged stout brings. Just fantastic. An awful shame that Galway bay don't do an all year round imperial really.

Born to die by brewdog on the other hand I felt was a bit of a let down.

Don't get me wrong not terrible by any means but I was expecting more from it and imo it lacked in the flavour department where the likes of "of foam and fury" excels.

On the cheaper/different end of the spectrum I had ghost ship from adnams which I was pleasantly surprised by. Really nice English ale. Good one to know for bbq season.

Then one I was also pleasantly surprised at based on its €10 for 6 bottles price point is Upheaval IPA.

Very drinkable IPA with a nice punch of grapefruit, citrus etc weighing in at 7% also which pitches it agains the likes of Torpedo.

I like the way it's cloudy / unfiltered too. Too many beers are filtered and just lose something imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

got a few bottles of Naparbier ZZ+ and some Ska Rudie at home. Blackrock Cellar has gotten much better in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

In other news, Bru Rua has officially be upgraded to an Amber ale.

CGvblyjW8AAbhJe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

There is a keg of Firestone walkers Double Jack pouring in the porterhouse Templebar to night [IMG]Check out @Oblivious_'s Tweet:[/img]https://twitter.com/Oblivious_/status/606865642336190464?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Off to the Brewdog AGM in Aberdeen tomorrow, I shall try absolutely everything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Managed to get my hands on One Bottle of This.

It's a 355ml Sam Adams Rebel IPA from Boston. a 72 on Ratebeer

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/samuel-adams-rebel-ipa/222791/

It's quite nice and a 6.5% packs quite a punch.

11390084_10206860890705034_5388557775579308728_n_zpswuqmp30g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

oblivious wrote: »
    There is a keg of Firestone walkers Double Jack pouring in the porterhouse Templebar to night [IMG]Check out @Oblivious_'s Tweet:[/img]https://twitter.com/Oblivious_/status/606865642336190464?s=09

Thanks for this....was on the way to mvp :( and saw it. Currently sitting at the bar loving it. Anyone see a young lad in a red hoodie come say hi, I hate drinking alone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

what was the price like for it ?

Got some of this tripple IPA from Trouble and a copy of Beoir#2 magazine, sadly not that beer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Having a few Asahi. Japanese beer. Absolutely lovely. :)
    Got them in Tesco. I tend to enjoy Asian beers hugely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A few pints of Wrasslers in porthouse Bray.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement