Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Having a few Asahi. Japanese beer. Absolutely lovely. :)
    Got them in Tesco. I tend to enjoy Asian beers hugely.
    It's made in Kent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's made in Kent.

Spoilsport :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

-=al=- wrote: »
    Off to the Brewdog AGM in Aberdeen tomorrow, I shall try absolutely everything :pac:

Please tell me they don't have your cash in lieu of paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

jsa112 wrote: »
    what was the price like for it ?

6 something...wasnt complaining, would probably have been a tenner in the beer market and id have happily paid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

my friend wrote: »
    Please tell me they don't have your cash in lieu of paper?

A friend bought some shares a couple of years ago and I'm his +1 :-) Going to a Mikkeller tasting session at 3 awww yis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

There is a keg of Firestone walkers Double Jack pouring in the porterhouse Templebar to night

Easy jack ipa available now in drink store aswell great aroma has to be fresh 3 € something per can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That triple IPA is a bold beer, A bit groggy this morning and I've about a 330ml worth left from 1L. Getting old..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a few Dungarven Minehead last night. It has a malty body and some nice citrusy hops to balance off the sweetness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Tonight I'll be trying out a couple of cans of Blacks KPA followed by a Blackbucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

O'Hara's lager is quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Had Wicklow Wolf's 'Kentucky Brown' last night. First beer from them that I have been disappointed with, I had been turning into a fan boy.

No real flavour at first, even after warming it only had very mild hints of malt, complete lack of anything going on, which considering my love of everything else of theirs I have tried is a major disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

The missus brought be back a Young's Special London Ale with the shopping because...ya know...she knows what I'm like. (Tickers be tickin'!)

It's very good. Loads of body and spicy sweetness. Quite impressed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Has anyone tried the new O'Haras offering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

transik wrote: »
    Easy jack ipa available now in drink store aswell great aroma has to be fresh 3 € something per can

Is that the Session IPA?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Has anyone tried the new O'Haras offering?

Had it on tap last weekend, it's such an unmistakable hop. I liked it but I'd imagine it's not to everyone's taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

supping on Laguinitas IPA while watching the football.

Its nearly too easy to drink, its so sweet, like nectar :P

Had a bottle of the new 8 degrees "Grand stretch". Not a bad IPA at all, but not as good as their other special "polar vortex"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Aventus eisbock. Been wanting to try this for years. Enjoying it so far but possibly not as good as i had hoped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Jesus Athlone is a desert for craft. Hooker and something called Kentucky Ale on tap in the one bar I was in, Seans Bar the oldest bar in Ireland. The Kentucky is bland.

Local centra had one shelf of decent beers so I got Hobgoblin and O'Hara's Pale to watch the match with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Jesus Athlone is a desert for craft. Hooker and something called Kentucky Ale on tap in the one bar I was in, Seans Bar the oldest bar in Ireland. The Kentucky is bland.

Local centra had one shelf of decent beers so I got Hobgoblin and O'Hara's Pale to watch the match with.

You see this is what you get for going to Athlone. That said, check out the Malt House http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g212091-d4687020-Reviews-The_Malt_House-Athlone_County_Westmeath.html

Enjoy the midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Connacht Pale Ale. Not a lot of taste but very carbonated, light and refreshing. Would be great on a hot day or for the lager drinker.
    Don't know who brews it at the moment but it says 'Brewed on the west coast of Ireland for Connemara Brewery, Cong'.
    To be followed by a couple of Hopplehammer.

Had a couple of Maeloc Sidras from Galica last night. The Dulce organic one was lovely, the Seca not as much so but I didn't try it with ice. Gave the flavoured versions to a friend but she hasn't tried them yet. Love the bottle design and the ring pull caps are handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

St. Mels pale ale. its not bad.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Currently drinking a Brewdog Alice Porter. It's quite bitter, like good dark chocolate, but it feels strangely watery and a little unsatisfying in the mouth. Not a bad beer, but there are plenty of other porters out there that I'd choose before it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Following the porter up with another Brewdog, Bourbon Baby. It's a barrel aged Scotch ale and it's absolutely superb. Really tasty wee heavy, and while the bourbon is very noticeable, it doesn't overpower the maltiness of the beer in any way. It's a pity it's so expensive as this is definitely a beer I'd buy regularly if it was cheaper.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout. I am in flavour country.

It is a big country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've been well and truly violated tonight. Went to this bar and I see this stuff on draft, "Cute Hoor". I'll have some of that please. Blergh, jesus christ, what the **** is this ****? worse than bleedin Carlsberg. I had to Google to see what I was drinking, f you Heineken.

Dump that in the jacks, and a bottle of O'haras please. €7.70 please sir.

You gotta be kidden me.

With the prices I was charged I assumed I also paid for the fancy glasses so I took them home with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

bottle of O'haras please. €7.70 please sir

€7.70 for a bottle of o Haras.... ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

8 degrees Grand Stretch another lovely IPA from them.

Dizzy Blonde by Robinsons (in England last week) not a bad summer ale was on cask and went down very well in the sunshine. Had a nice zest to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

laros wrote: »
    €7.70 for a bottle of o Haras.... ? :(

Yip, 500ml, and €6 for that Cute Hoor abomination.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

emo72 wrote: »
    St. Mels pale ale. its not bad.

I really liked their brown ale, pale ale was grand but on their first major batch, the rest of their selection was lacklustre.

Their brewer was the head brewer in O ' Haras before he broke out with a few mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

https://m.facebook.com/maguiresbar?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmaguiresbar

Best in Athlone for craft beer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement