Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

did you get it here? Had a look at their website and they've a couple I wouldn't mind trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah I got it in Molloys. I've gotten some of their other beers from Drinkstore last year and really liked them, except for one of them, so I picked it up tonight.

Cool, must keep an eye out.

Just opened a Cottonball Stout. Wow, big roasty coffee bitterness, I was worried about throwing this down after the Born To Die, but it's standing up really well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Had a rocketship IPA just there not mad about it not enough to balance out the biterness I thought, not bad or anything but was hoping for good/great rather than reasonably nice. Oh well back to the fridge for a the old reliable BIPA nightcap.

Tried a proper job earlier really enjoyed it, didnt know anything about it, always presumed it would be mediocre as I mostly seen it in supermarkets, turns out its exactly style of IPA I like most and would definitely drink again.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭toffeeshel

did you get it here? Had a look at their website and they've a couple I wouldn't mind trying.

MCM in Donegal were bringing them in- I'm not seeing much stock in the trade recently- maybe the weak Euro is holding them back.

• Advertisement

toffeeshel wrote: »
    MCM in Donegal were bringing them in- I'm not seeing much stock in the trade recently- maybe the weak Euro is holding them back.

Damn weak Euro!

Mad Hatter Penny Lane Pale Ale. 3.9% Full flavoured, very sessionable- hoppy with hint of apricot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Oh my god. In to the legendary Pine Lodge in Cork tonight, for the Rory Gallagher tribute night, and what do I spot in the fridge, only bottles and bottles of Westvleteren 12! Going at less than retail price too (€5 a bottle, if ye must know). The barman made sure myself and my friend were aware of how special the beer is, I assured him we already knew ! Fuccking great night, and a fantastic beer. None of it left there, so don't even bother

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

Oh my god. In to the legendary Pine Lodge in Cork tonight, for the Rory Gallagher tribute night, and what do I spot in the fridge, only bottles and bottles of Westvleteren 12! Going at less than retail price too (€5 a bottle, if ye must know). The barman made sure myself and my friend were aware of how special the beer is, I assured him we already knew ! Fuccking great night, and a fantastic beer. None of it left there, so don't even bother

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Ipso wrote: »
    Where did you get it. Infound it similar to Hop Stoopid.

In Pmacs on draught. Apparently the only place to have it.similar to hop stooped alright but better in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Picked up a few kinnagar white rabbit it says it's an American wheat beer but to me it was more like and America session. Its a good beer nice hop profile and crisp tasting good for a summer's day.
    I was hoping it might be like to øl Mr white which is one the best beers I've had in the last few weeks 9% America wheat beer .if you like double IPA this is a great beer for the summer very drinkable even at 9%.

McHughs Artane have Siren Calypso on growler. Definitely heading over to pick up a litre and a couple bottles of Road Trip

Picked up the Kinsale KPA, 4 for €9 offer for the match.
    Having it in a BrewDog glass for the day that's in it. :)

It was mentioned earlier that it wasn't great in the can. Only complaint I have is that it seems slightly over carbonated, but other than that it's great.

Really good value at 4 for €9 too. Metalman need to take note!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Glass of Blacks Hi Viz in the Black Sheep, first time having this and it's a nice drop, would prefer the alcohol hidden a little bit more if I'm being a snobby about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

McHughs Artane have Siren Calypso on growler. Definitely heading over to pick up a litre and a couple bottles of Road Trip

Is road trip available most places or just mchughs?

Is road trip available most places or just mchughs?

It's just McHugh's afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Picked up the Kinsale KPA, 4 for €9 offer for the match.
    Having it in a BrewDog glass for the day that's in it. :)

It was mentioned earlier that it wasn't great in the can. Only complaint I have is that it seems slightly over carbonated, but other than that it's great.

Really good value at 4 for €9 too. Metalman need to take note!

The pints are 4 for a tenner at the moment!

RasTa wrote: »
    The pints are 4 for a tenner at the moment!

Really? Where?

Really? Where?

Dunnes. It's all their beers incl Rocketship.

I'm not a huge fan of Blacks, too inconsistent.

Dunnes. It's all their beers incl Rocketship.

I'm not a huge fan of Blacks, too inconsistent.

Pints though? I take it you meant 500ml bottles?

€2.25 is a decent price for a nice IPA in a can, especially for cans given some of the alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Just about to break into a few bottles of Hofbräu :)

H

The McHugh's/Kinnegar is a pretty good IPA, imo up there with the best of 8 Degrees recent offerings in that department. Can't wait to try the draught version, which they are keeping back for another couple of weeks.

The bottles were filled on Monday, mmmmm, hop freshness.

Pints though? I take it you meant 500ml bottles?

€2.25 is a decent price for a nice IPA in a can, especially for cans given some of the alternatives.

Yeah pint is always 500ml to me.

Yeah pint is always 500ml to me.

Doesn't Mean it's right! ;) For the rest of us it means half a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Black malts and body salts : a black coffee IPA.

It's very much a coffee IPA with plenty of coffee and a nice bunch of hops. It's quite malty too which gives it a chocolate sweetness too.

Any salt?

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Black malts and body salts : a black coffee IPA.

It's very much a coffee IPA with plenty of coffee and a nice bunch of hops. It's quite malty too which gives it a chocolate sweetness too.

I had one last week. I thought it was good quality Black IPA with a lingering bitterness from the coffee. There's a touch of cough drops medicinal notes to the fruity hops. Dry bitter finish that's a tad harsh. Nice beer though.

Note sure about any "salt" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

St Mels Rasin and Oatmeal Stout.

I think the bottle might have been about 10 months old so not sure if this has anything to do with it.

It will probably go down as the most disappointing beer I've had this year. Got nothing from this at all, no rasin, no body at all for an oatmeal stout it's as if they forgot to put it in such a thin body. If someone handed me this for nothing I don't think I would bother drinking it.

Club Tropicana a Berliner Weiss with exotic fruits from Mad Hatter. Sour, Fruity. Lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Of foam and fury, does not disappoint.

Have read a lot/heard a lot about how great it is so was hoping I didn't have my expectations too high.

Fresh, bitter, grapefruity, extremely palatable, sweetness after the initial bitter hit.

Really great beer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement