Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Touring along Cork and West Cork the last few days. Kinsale Pale Ale in kinsale. A good drop of mountain man beers in clonakilty.. Plenty in bottle available. Few pints of rising sons Handsum IPA tonight in Schull.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A bottle of Delirium Tremens, nice, refreshing and quite easy to drink for a strong ale

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Blacks rocketship, nicer than I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

G rock wrote: »
    Blacks rocketship, nicer than I remember

Enjoying one myself, had a Grand Stretch beforehand another great Eight Degrees seasonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

8 Degrees - Grand Stretch

Lovely sweet hoppy full bodied IPA for the abv. Only fault is that it's a tad too bitter on the finish which would probably make it hard to drink on a session despite its strength. Still really nice though. I have a bit of a summer cold so it's probably even hopper than I'm detecting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Farmageddon hopburst ipa. Very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Finally got a liquid monstrous. Very nice IRA roasty and tons of caramel and roasted malt flavour, piney hops. Lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Finally got a liquid monstrous. Very nice IRA roasty and tons of caramel and roasted malt flavour, piney hops. Lovely!

HopsAndJumps I must warn, we are a strictly non sectarian forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

BaZmO* wrote: »

Oops!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BaZmO* wrote: »

I'll leave my UDA IPA so.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I'll leave my UDA IPA so.....

I'm sure you love the Left Hand Brewing logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Have the following chilling for the weekend.

Stone enjoy by 4/7/15
    Knee deep breaking bud

Picked them up on the way home from San Fran after WWDC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Northbound Brewery 26 Pale ale.

Bit light middle of the road pale ale with a nice bitterness. Bit easy on carbonation so went dead quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lagunitas little sumpin' sumpin' ale. Lovely stuff, surprisingly refreshing given the abv of 7.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

O'Haras Hop adventure : now here's a different beer.
    Straight away I knew it was O'Hara's taste but then I get a load of coconut and lemongrass. Then a zingy bitterness.

I really liked this beer and very different to the last O'Haras batch of beers.

Will definitely try this again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

cool, thanks for that review. I hate lemongrass, but tempted by this strangeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Sorachi ace is pure lemongrass, had Brooklyn's version there and was getting quite perfumey. Found it quite nice, but couldn't drink much of it. Am definitely picking up O'Hara's version.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Straight away I knew it was O'Hara's taste but then I get a load of coconut and lemongrass. Then a zingy bitterness.

Had a trip to drinkstore earlier and picked one of those up, along with Evil twin Molotov Lite (3 for 11), some Kinsale KPA, a grand stretch and some Odells IPA.

I'm just finished a Sierra Nevada Hop hunter which is very nice. Deciding on which of the above to try next

• Registered Users Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Of Foam and Fury bottle I'm drinking now bears no resemblance to how I remember the draught version I tasted shortly after its release.
    Best before 09.04.16

The Of Foam and Fury bottle I'm drinking now bears no resemblance to how I remember the draught version I tasted shortly after its release.
    Best before 09.04.16

• Advertisement

Went for the Evil Twin Molotov Lite. It's ok but I'm not a big fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Trouble's chocolate Cherry stout on cask, my oh my. These guys might be favourite Irish beer makers.

what the? it's back, or have they been holding it back since Xmas?

Where is it?

it's awesome beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yup, don't really know much about when the beer was released etc but it was in the Black Sheep. Do plan on trying again tomorrow, Also seen this on twitter, might have to grab a L of the IPA and Lagunitas

CH4SGBrWgAA0xqI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

RasTa wrote: »
    Yup, don't really know much about when the beer was released etc but it was in the Black Sheep. Do plan on trying again tomorrow, Also seen this on twitter, might have to grab a L of the IPA and Lagunitas

CH4SGBrWgAA0xqI.jpg

what pub is this in?

edit....the black sheep, duuuh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Best before 09.04.16

In a good way, or a bad way? I'm just after finishing a lovely bottle myself.

Also, I remember trying that stout last winter. Gorgeous stuff!

that's mchugh's off licence

emo72 wrote: »
    what pub is this in?

edit....the black sheep, duuuh.

No, he's in the pub drinking the cherry stout, the list is McHugh's growler list for the weekend. You can tell because the first beer on the list is their house beer, brewed for them by Kinnegar.

Hmm, it's father's day this weekend, and my McHugh's growler is empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

ciaran76 wrote: »

I found it had similar flavours to the O'Hara's lager ( which I like) in some ways, but nicer when all the other flavours kick in.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    In a good way, or a bad way? I'm just after finishing a lovely bottle myself.
    Bad way.
    No nose.
    Thin and bitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement