Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Road Trip is pretty nice. I like it.

Having a Hoptimista by Edge brewing. Another great IPA to come out of Spain, albeit from American lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Armedocr

Had a bottle of O' Hara's Sorachi ace single hop beer...absolutely unimpressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Grayditch wrote: »
    Road Trip is pretty nice. I like it.

yeah, it's a more piney, resinous IPA than a fruity citrus affair, also a nice bit of chewiness in the finish too I found.

Can't wait to try the draught growler version.

yeah, it's a more piney, resinous IPA than a fruity citrus affair, also a nice bit of chewiness in the finish too I found.

Can't wait to try the draught growler version.

Yeah, pretty much bang on. I normally like a sweeter IPA (Is that considered a "West Coast" style thing?), but it's solid. I'd get it again.

I noticed Mace on South Circular Rd, Dublin has 3 from Edge Brewing including a Double IPA, and Odell's Double IPA is there too. Gonna grab some tomorrow. Honestly my favourite Off License, right now in terms of selection and price.

Had an Odell's 'Shaking The Tree' Peace Imperial IPA last night. It was pretty good. I could get the peache, but it was muted and a little dry, but it's a good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

Have anyone of you tried ''Skopsko''?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Interesting one last night. Wild Beer - Sourdough

A sour beer made using a 58 year old sourdough culture and a little brettanomyces and then put into oak barrels for its primary fermentation.
    Lemony sourness that just about manages to stay the right side of refreshing. Wouldn't drink more than one. Nice enough for what it is.

Also had a BrewDog - Restorative Beverage for Invalids & Convalescents. An Imperial IPA that's only mafiss! Lovely beer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Tiny Rebel Dirty Stop Out. It's a Smoked Oak Stout. There's a nice subtle smoked flavour without it being overpowering and on top of that is a nice stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,754 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had the Dungarvan Seaweed Saison. Talk about a tale of two beers almost - the head tasted so vile I'd almost have not bothered but its a nice beer all-in.

Grabbed two other Irish I'd never seen before, Radikale APA and Northbound 08; not opened those yet.

Odells Mercenary is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

I like Staropramen very much. That's a Chech beer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Trying a bottle of James Brown Brews Chocolate Orange Stout tonight. Going down nicely so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

An File wrote: »
    Trying a bottle of James Brown Brews Chocolate Orange Stout tonight. Going down nicely so far. :)

Getting any orange?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

slayerking wrote: »
    Getting any orange?

Nope. Still a grand drink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Had a pint of Cute Hoor last night, hadn't realised it was a Heineken product, was just alright but disappointed that the Queens in Dalkey obviously took out the O'Hara's pale ale to put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Had a pint of Cute Hoor last night, hadn't realised it was a Heineken product, was just alright but disappointed that the Queens in Dalkey obviously took out the O'Hara's pale ale to put it in.

Should have vented your disgust and went to the magpie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Should have vented your disgust and went to the magpie

Ah that would have been my choice but sadly the girlfriend was already in the Queens with her mate drinking wine, would not have gone down well if i'd said I was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

http://www.fourcorners.ie/beer/victory/

It seems Four Corners will be distributing Victory brewing beers in ireland.... looking forward to them

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Had a Jack Coady's grapefruit tea pale ale the other night, enjoyed it. Thought it was a decent blend, will try out their other products most definitely .

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

just bought a litre of Franciscan Well Jameson Stout. Bottle is cool. Will take some drink to conquer my buyers remorse however. 16 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Alexander Keith’s Galaxy Hop Ale, not bad, not superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

1st Proper Job since last summer, went off it when it started appearing in supermarkets, but it's a nice beer on sunny evening with a bit of pork sizzling on the barbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Picked up 6 bottles of kinnegars black bucket inn supervalu. Couldn't say no at 3.59 each.

Really am impressed with supervalus beer offering in the last few months. Competitive pricing and the irish selection is excellent with some of the larger Americans thrown in as well

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Picked up 6 bottles of kinnegars black bucket inn supervalu. Couldn't say no at 3.59 each.

Really am impressed with supervalus beer offering in the last few months. Competitive pricing and the irish selection is excellent with some of the larger Americans thrown in as well

It really depends on the Supervalu as they're all franchises and some owners are obviously more interested in having a decent beer selection than others. The one nearest me has a few different beers, but not much wildly exciting or different and the selection is pretty small.

Zaph wrote: »
    It really depends on the Supervalu as they're all franchises and some owners are obviously more interested in having a decent beer selection than others. The one nearest me has a few different beers, but not much wildly exciting or different and the selection is pretty small.
    I had this very conversation with one of my friends (in real life!) just a few hours ago. Our local shops aren't great, but a mutual friend in Wexford has an unreal selection. Slightly frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I find the ones that used to be Superquinns are typically better than the independent franchisees.
    For example, the one in Lucan has an extremely large selection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Weird evening ahead of me.........

2 bottles of La Guillotine
    Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
    O'Hara's Leann Folláin
    2 Westmalle Dubbel

Trond wrote: »
    Weird evening ahead of me.........

2 bottles of La Guillotine
    Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
    O'Hara's Leann Folláin
    2 Westmalle Dubbel
    Nice selection. I've just opened a 2014 bottle of Hoptimum. I still have a James Brown chocolate orange stout, a Founders porter, and a 75cl Delirium Nocturnum lying around for later.

Has this forum any summer meet-ups/Beers coming up?

Drank a BPBP Doxie and a Cotton Ball Ale Ale earlier. Deent in the sun

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Heroditas wrote: »
    I find the ones that used to be Superquinns are typically better than the independent franchisees.
    For example, the one in Lucan has an extremely large selection

Unfortunately the former Superquinn in Blanchardstown doesn't fall into this category.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the former Superquinn in Blanchardstown doesn't fall into this category.

just go to Carry Out in Tyrellstown and stop yer moaning! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement