Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,297 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

just go to Carry Out in Tyrellstown and stop yer moaning! :pac:

Was up there last week and picked up some Ola Dubh 16 and 18, which I was very happy about. They had the 12 as well if anyone's looking for some. And there's always Molloys in Clonsilla who have a very good selection so fortunately I'm not stuck with just Supervalu. And anyway, I like moaning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

slayerking wrote: »
    Getting any orange?

Had a bottle of this last week as well, couldn't really get an orange tbh - was a little disappointed. Was thinking about terrys chocolate orange in work all day while it was chilling in the fridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Zaph wrote: »
    And anyway, I like moaning. :D

qft :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

In Denmark at the moment and enjoying a Jacobsen dark larger (5.8 %) also having a Kors ooll, (8%) sorry this is an english translation of the danish language, Dansk Gold (5.7) and a Gimbergen (6.5) a Keizer Carel (8.5) from belgium and a Prior (9%) also from belgium.
    Enjoying them very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Furstenburg is in Lidl again. Love that stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a founders KBS last night. Lovely beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Whatever I can get before Mastodon!

12Acres, a sub 5% Pale Ale €4.49 in CarryOut Clongriffin.

You can keep it.

Picked up a growler of Odells/Beavertown Papa Pils.

Also got a growler of Road Trip in McHughs and some of The Pilgrim, a Grand Stretch and a Stone Barrel Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nolllaig

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Alexander Keith’s Galaxy Hop Ale, not bad, not superb.

Sorry did you get that in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

12Acres, a sub 5% Pale Ale €4.49 in CarryOut Clongriffin.

You can keep it.

Picked up a growler of Odells/Beavertown Papa Pils.

How much did the Papa Pils set you back?

• Advertisement

€13.99 a litre, which isn't bad for a 7% import.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

€13.99 a litre, which isn't bad for a 7% import.

Not great either though for offlicence prices. I'd expect to pay not much more than that in a pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,526 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Drinking a pint of GBBs pilot Dortmunder lager. It's a bit odd albeit perfectly drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Finally got around to a Kpa in a can as they're not too shabby at all at all. Nicer than the bottle for me.

2.75 a can though, I thought 2.50 max! 5 for 10 would have been lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

-=al=- wrote: »
    Finally got around to a Kpa in a can as they're not too shabby at all at all. Nicer than the bottle for me.

2.75 a can though, I thought 2.50 max! 5 for 10 would have been lovely

Any Molloys near you?

4 for 9 in there.

Trouble vic secret S.M.A.S.H. Only OK for me.

Fiancée is having a freigeist geisterzug sour. Had it at the alltech festival and enjoyed them but first time I've seen them in bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any Molloys near you?

4 for 9 in there.

Hard to buy that with the 4 for €10 offer(punk, Founders, Brooklyn)

Just finished a brewday with my new 3 tier setup but feeling cheap so might grab 8 Guinness for a tenner, or 4 Leann Folláin for the same price, both in Dunnes.

Hmmm decisions..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

RasTa wrote: »
    Just finished a brewday with my new 3 tier setup but feeling cheap so might grab 8 Guinness for a tenner, or 4 Leann Folláin for the same price, both in Dunnes.

Hmmm decisions..

Buy Irish! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Just not in a Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Picked up some Road Trip really nice beer. Also got some of The Pilgrim - starts of really nice and heavy on the malt, which I like, but it then goes a bit thin. Good start for a new beer and can only get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Wild Beer Co. - Evolver

This is one funky beer. It's brewed with Brettanomyces which obviously explains the funkiness. I've heard it describe as having farmyard flavours and I can certainly see where that comes from. Not sure it's for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Any Molloys near you?

4 for 9 in there.

4 for 9 in supervalu (celbridge anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Hi All.

I usually enjoy a few pints/bottles of Heineken on the weekends but i am looking for something new to try out.

Does anyone have any ideas or are there any beers that are recommended by most?

After previously trying the IPA I decided to give Grafters Pale Ale a shot after a few people here said it was better.

It is better, but it's still not a very good beer. A little more body to it, a littl sweeter, there's an actual aroma from the hops and it's a little less bitter at the end. All in in, if you're stuck and really needed 5 bottles for a tenner, you won't pour it down the sink.

Luckily I had one each of KPA, Rocketship, Sabotage and Black's Black IPA as backup.

Twas a very boozey Friday evening BBQ on the terrace with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Hi All.

I usually enjoy a few pints/bottles of Heineken on the weekends but i am looking for something new to try out.

There are so many different beers out there that it's hard to recommend one without knowing what you like, and it's all so personal anyway. The best way to find out what styles you like is to just try lots of new beers. That's one of the fun parts about drinking beer. :)

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Hi All.

Bo Bristle Pilsner, O'Hara's Irish Lager, 8 Degree's Bohemian Barefoot Pilsner and Brú Lager are good places to start for Irish lagers.

If you want to try something that has a little more punch but isn't heavy try something like Independent Golden Ale, O'Hara's Amber Adventure, O'Shea's Golden Ale (from Aldi) are decent places to look.

If you're feeling very adventurous any of the Irish IPA's will be an interesting experiment, but they will taste EXTREMELY bitter to you.

Guinness wins, bought in Centra/Super Value/Musgraves... not sure who owns them these days.

RasTa wrote: »
    Guinness wins, bought in Centra/Super Value/Musgraves... not sure who owns them these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diageo

Diageo bought centra?

• Advertisement

Tis a grand stretch of an evening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement