Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Having a Brehon Shancodubh in the pub. Its really nice, I'm not a fan of the Brehon brews but this one is lovely. Strong at 7.2 and reasonable at €5 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Having a Brehon Shancodubh in the pub. Its really nice, I'm not a fan of the Brehon brews but this one is lovely. Strong at 7.2 and reasonable at €5 too

€5 is reasonable?

Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

€5 is reasonable?

Jaysus.

For a 7.2% strength beer in a pub? Very.

Zaph wrote: »
    For a 7.2% strength beer in a pub? Very.

I missed the pub part.

Yeah that's decent, especially seeing as some offies are charging +/- €4 for bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

€5 is reasonable?

Jaysus.

Try a mikkeller black in the beer market at 11e+ for 330ml's :pac:

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Try a mikkeller black in the beer market at 11e+ for 330ml's :pac:

The last day I was in there I noticed they had some nice sherry style brew dog branded glasses behind the bar. I asked if they planned on using them for the more high abv mental priced beers and your man just gave me a shrug.

I think it would be a much better idea to offer those sorts of beer in both 33cl and sherry glass sizes to make them less off putting price wise. Also, I really don't want to be drinking 33cl of a 17.5% abv beer anyway!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I know in their pub in Edinburgh Brewdog sell Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink the Bismarck in the same measures as shorts, which is fair enough considering they're pretty much the same strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seems to be a good few brew's coming out of their pilot series. I wasn't mad on their desperate mile and voyager IPA

CI0wtvZWcAAgkuB.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gorse flowers? Hmmm, interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Gorse flower me bollix.

We want bottles of Via Maris God damnit.

• Advertisement

Had some Blackstairs - Dark Fiery Porter the other night. Really nice. I thought it was just a Chilli Porter and couldn't quite put my finger on the other flavour that I was getting. Then I read the label and realised there was also ginger there too. I thought it worked really well. Sometimes ginger can be over-powering in beer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any opinions on Maisel & Friends Chocolate Bock? I'm tempted to splash out on a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Wasn't great from what I remember. Your money would be better off on something else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Had some nice pints of Wicklow wolf's American Amber outside The Barge last night. Not a bad little number, that's quite darker than expected, caramel-y and quite pleasant to drink

The Harbour Bar in Bray has Sierra Nevada on tap for €5 a pint. Pretty reasonable stuff that (y)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Picked up a few bevies from drink store today.

Victory Hop devil and Victory dirt wolf double IPA.

To ol Garden of Eden ipa.

Mikeller amass west coast ipa.

Got the Sierra Nevada golden ipa and the black IPA.

Will drink the victory brews tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a couple of McGargles earlier (Knock Knock Ned and Cousin Rosie). I'd had them before and not liked them (especially the Knock Knock) but while still not great they weren't too bad just a bit bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

matrim wrote: »
    Had a couple of McGargles earlier (Knock Knock Ned and Cousin Rosie). I'd had them before and not liked them (especially the Knock Knock) but while still not great they weren't too bad just a bit bland.

Expect a strongly worded email from Rye River explaining that not everyone likes their beer and that they wouldn't want everyone too. But they have a strong core fanbase who love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

Gorse flower me bollix.

We want bottles of Via Maris God damnit.
    The Dark Horse in Blackrock just got in the first bottles of Via Maris, so presume the other Galway Bay pubs have them now. Had a couple over the weekend. Not a fresh as on draft, less of the tart bitter hoppy taste, but decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,381 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... Liking it a lot..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Trouble Brewing Remix India Pale Lager. Nice, I like it. It's quite refreshing.
    The beer that Hop House 13 could have been if it hadn't been brewed by Diageo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

-=al=- wrote: »
    The Harbour Bar in Bray has Sierra Nevada on tap for €5 a pint. Pretty reasonable stuff that (y)

16oz or 20oz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

Weihenstephaner kristall weissbier. I'm working through the Germans starting on the budget side. This, schneider weisse tap 7, paulaner, franziskaner. Planning a step up soon - Schneider aventinus and weihenstephaner vitus

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jack Cody's Smiggy amber ale.

My first time trying anything from this brewery. I'm happy with my purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

janiejones wrote: »
    Weihenstephaner kristall weissbier. I'm working through the Germans starting on the budget side. This, schneider weisse tap 7, paulaner, franziskaner. Planning a step up soon - Schneider aventinus and weihenstephaner vitus

Try Schneider Hopfenweisse too. It's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Sharks coffee pot by Brick by Brick brewery well this is a sweet stout. I get a tiny bit of coffee but lots of malty chocolate. Was hoping for more coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

basskebab wrote: »
    The Dark Horse in Blackrock just got in the first bottles of Via Maris, so presume the other Galway Bay pubs have them now. Had a couple over the weekend. Not a fresh as on draft, less of the tart bitter hoppy taste, but decent enough.

Cool.

Are these going to be in off licenses anytime soon?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anyone tried clonmel 1650? My local had a promo on it tonight

Got a bottle of Galway Bay's Voyager U.S. from their pilot series. Best before June 29 next year, so I'd assume it was only bottled in the last fortnight? It's a lovely IPA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

growler of Road Trip from McHughs, different to the bottled version!

• Advertisement

O'Hara's / Starr Hill collaboration Foreign Affair Red IPA. Really like this. It tastes like a mix between O'Hara's Red & IPA strangely enough. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement