Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

An File wrote: »
    Got a bottle of Galway Bay's Voyager U.S. from their pilot series. Best before June 29 next year, so I'd assume it was only bottled in the last fortnight? It's a lovely IPA.

Bottled on the 29th of June. It's 4 days old. As fresh as it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BaZmO* wrote: »
    O'Hara's / Starr Hill collaboration Foreign Affair Red IPA. Really like this. It tastes like a mix between O'Hara's Red & IPA strangely enough. :)

how hoppy is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

how hoppy is it?
    The hops are definitely there but not in your face so it's not that bitter. As a result I could drink this all night. Really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I had a Radkiale Hopster earlier, it's very dark (amber) for a pale ale and had alot of caramel and fruity hops and red berries. Nice and very drinkable, a decent first beer from them.

Now, I'm having a bottle of The Pilgrim from Wood Key Brewing. It's decent but to me a bit more like what I'd typically consider more of a brown ale. Some hints of coffee and an ok body but missing a bit on the finish.

Based on BaZmO* I might go for the Foreign Affair next

matrim wrote: »

Based on BaZmO* I might go for the Foreign Affair next

haha, that's why I asked him :D

• Advertisement

Now, I'm having a bottle of The Pilgrim from Wood Key Brewing. It's decent but to me a bit more like what I'd typically consider more of a brown ale. Some hints of coffee and an ok body but missing a bit on the finish.

I had a bottle of it last week at the Taste of Fingal thing out in Newbridge House. I thought it was a bit all over the place. If this is their first, and only brew, I think it'll be a hard sell.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bottled on the 29th of June. It's 4 days old. As fresh as it gets.

I'll have to try to pick up another one tomorrow, if my local still has it.

An File wrote: »
    I'll have to try to pick up another one tomorrow, if my local still has it.

I'm heading to Drink Store tomorrow for a few bits, hopefully they have it.

I had a bottle of it last week at the Taste of Fingal thing out in Newbridge House. I thought it was a bit all over the place. If this is their first, and only brew, I think it'll be a hard sell.

Their next beer is a Rye IPA, so hopefully it does what it says on the tin. I love Rye IPAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Their next beer is a Rye IPA, so hopefully it does what it says on the tin. I love Rye IPAs.

Good choice.

There's a serious lack of them in this country - local and imports.

The death of Ruthless Rye sucks big time. SN's best beer after Celebration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Sipping a Williams Bros Caesar Augustus right now.

Cracking session beer.

Pity WB beers ain't 4 for 10 euro anymore...remember them good ol' days?

4 quid a pop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

O'Hara's / Starr Hill collaboration Foreign Affair Red IPA. Really like this. It tastes like a mix between O'Hara's Red & IPA strangely enough. :)

Can see what you mean. It's not as malty as their normal red but does have a bit more of a hop bite.

Definitely the best of the 3 I had tonight. Basically a beer which does what it says and does it well.

Sipping a Williams Bros Caesar Augustus right now.

Cracking session beer.

Pity WB beers ain't 4 for 10 euro anymore...remember them good ol' days?

4 quid a pop now.

I really like William bros beers. March of the penguins is amazing. They were widely available and very reasonable for ages and suddenly got sparse and expensive. Such a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Prima Pils from Victory was dissapointing, enjoyed a Siren Calypso and 2 cans of Jackhammer after it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

James Brown - Chocolate Orange Stout.

Was fairly disappointed with this possibly too high an expectation.
    There was nothing here for me. As a stout it was too light in the body the finish was non existent and not a a single hint of orange could my taste buds muster out of the glass and I really put the effort in.

I'm not sure how this won the kilarney beer fest unless everyone else turned up with bottled water.

I hate to knock someone so young. Maybe I got a bad bottle, But I don't think I would risk buying another to find out.

I had to cheer myself up a bit and cracked open a Founders KBS 2015.

Now we're talking :D

This was absolutely stunning. If I hadn't managed to get my hands on the 200 fathoms recently. This would have been my favorite stout this year.

Big bold body yet silky smooth so much caramel chocolate and espresso all perfectly balanced. This will put a huge smile on any Stout lovers face.

I can't wait to open another one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ghostship finally on in the 40ft.. and I spy thr cider festival

Radikale Hopster and a Cotton Ball Pale Ale this evening just before heading for dinner. Two grand Irish beers.

Might be hitting the beer market later.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Radikale Hopster and a Cotton Ball Pale Ale this evening just before heading for dinner. Two grand Irish beers.

Was in earlier on the basis they tweeted they had Lagunitas Sucks and GBB new Wit. Didn't have either. Waiting on taps to open up. Aghhh! Why tweet it then? >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Had a taste of White Hags 'Session IPA'. Another lovely beer, it's aslo quite morish and at 4.2% it's a lot easier to actually follow up on the more part!

Also heard of a Sour beer coming from them soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Chillin' in the sun this evening and going through a few Flying Dogs
    Raging Bitch Belgian IPA - 8.3%
    Snake Dog IPA - 7.1%
    In Heat Hefeweizen - 4.7%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,517 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Grabbed some US stuff for the day that's in it (and a bottle of Bulleit for the night it'll become...).

SN Torpedo does not taste like its 7.2%. Although that is probably why its called that!

L1011 wrote: »
    SN Torpedo does not taste like its 7.2%. Although that is probably why its called that!
    It's a great beer but the reason for the name is......

The first beer to feature our “Hop Torpedo”—a revolutionary dry-hopping device that controls how much hop aroma is imparted into beer without adding additional bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,517 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's a great beer but the reason for the name is......

Ah right. It does sneak up on you from under the surface, ABV% wise though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RadikAle's Rubenesque Belgian dubbel goes down very, very easy. Beautifully smooth, especially at 7% abv.

Tonight's drinking also featured Mountain Man's Hairy Goat and samples of Reel Deel's Say Nowt Stout and Mountain Man's Sneaky Owl.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Keller - very nice for a lager - only €1.30 per litre bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Voyager US in bottle is very good indeed.

Victorys Dirtwolf is a different breed altogether very piney and herbal. Didn't get much else from it.

Pretty much what I thought too, really enjoyed it and was sorry I only got one as it's something you could definitely drink a few of.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Hopster dry hopped cask version is a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Picked up a Cerveza Dougall's Leyenda Bitter in Dunnes this evening, should be interesting.

• Advertisement

Voyager US in the bottle.

Was a bit like recent bottles Of Foam and Fury, but with a bit less foam and a lot less fury

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement