Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Picked up two Jack Cody's Puck Pilsner for the missus. First one was totally undrinkable, tastes like an ashtray. Smells fine, looks fine, tastes shocking. :(
    Don't think we'll bother with the second.

Not hearing much positivity about Jack Cody recently.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

limnam wrote: »
    With the stout or the missus? :pac:

A little of Column A, a little of Column B! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Picked up two Jack Cody's Puck Pilsner for the missus. First one was totally undrinkable, tastes like an ashtray. Smells fine, looks fine, tastes shocking. :(
    Don't think we'll bother with the second.

I got a weird ashtray taste from their Grapefruit tea pale ale. Maybe an equipment problem?

A left hand nitro stout, Voyager and The Fixer from Brew Dock. Washed down with a growler of Siren Undercurrent at home. All smashing beers.

Have a can of power of the voodoo and Skull king from Beavertown to look forward to tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone know what the hand pulled Irish craft ales are on in Weatherspoons at the minute in Blanch?

Going tonight for the first time.

Lagunitas and Goose Island IPA are the two bottles that grab my attention otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

I thought the ashtray taste was from the earl grey they used in it, I'd imagine it was left in too long and gave astringency flavours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Heroditas wrote: »
    Where did you get it?

Oh, as for what I was drinking tonight, had a couple of pints of Franciscan Well Chieftain IPA in the Exchequer earlier.
    Except it wasn't Chieftain, it was Rebel Red.
    Didn't bother telling them because Rebel Red is far nicer but I had to laugh when the barman had to change kegs and I was thinking that I'd get a pint of Chieftain with the new keg but he returned with another point of Red. Ah well ... :D

Bottles in Blackrock Cellar today

Anyone know what the hand pulled Irish craft ales are on in Weatherspoons at the minute in Blanch?

Going tonight for the first time.

Lagunitas and Goose Island IPA are the two bottles that grab my attention otherwise.

I don't think they do any Irish craft on tap only in bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I don't think they do any Irish craft on tap only in bottles

It says hand pulled ale on their menu and then the small print is about Irish craft ales.

Maybe it's not the blanchardstown menu I have then so.

The other two ipa's better be there!!

In other news I had 3 bottles of Galway bay full sail last night.

Either they've altered the recipe or it was super fresh. Really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Not G.R wrote: »
    I got a weird ashtray taste from their Grapefruit tea pale ale. Maybe an equipment problem?

A left hand nitro stout, Voyager and The Fixer from Brew Dock. Washed down with a growler of Siren Undercurrent at home. All smashing beers.

Have a can of power of the voodoo and Skull king from Beavertown to look forward to tonight!

Where did you get the power of voodoo? I need that beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

My driver had to stop in roscommon town for a while so having a pint of KPA in the wonderful Harlows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Probably from blackbird there was only 25 cans avaiable for sale 2 weeks ago so its long gone now. I have to say smashing beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Had a couple of glasses of Siren Soundwave at lunchtime in Alfie Byrne's, dry & hoppy, very reminiscent of West Coast pale ales, I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

:D Its Nitro Stout time

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tried Kinnegar Limeburner last night, I quite like Kinnegar's beers but really did not enjoy this. Supposed to be a pale ale but tasted more like a lager? Maybe it was a bad pint but I actually struggled to finish it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Had a pint of lagunitas IPA in the porterhouse the other day. Much nicer in the bottle. Also a pint of trouble's maris otter which was v good.

Day started at 11a.m with a pint of wrasslers to celebrate the sonagrapher telling us were having a boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Was at the cricket in Malahide they were selling Heineken and a nitro-stout called Gibneys from the pub of the same name.

"Brewed in Kildare" was on the badge. I assume Rye River .

Blackbird in Rathmines had a few cans about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

stuchyg wrote: »
    Had a pint of lagunitas IPA in the porterhouse the other day. Much nicer in the bottle. Also a pint of trouble's maris otter which was v good.

Day started at 11a.m with a pint of wrasslers to celebrate the sonagrapher telling us were having a boy

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Voyager us round 2 great brew. Tasty treat

Absolutely mental nose from Power of the Voodoo. Taste is so well balanced with no hint of the 10% abv. One of the best beers I've ever had!

• Advertisement

Absolutely mental nose from Power of the Voodoo. Taste is so well balanced with no hint of the 10% abv. One of the best beers I've ever had!

So jealous! Sounds like a boneyard beer! I'm going to binge on boneyard beers in USA next month.

So jealous! Sounds like a boneyard beer! I'm going to binge on boneyard beers in USA next month.

Ah dude I only thought of you now. If you're In Dublin I could have met you in the beer market and split the can. It been my 'holy grail' for a while too so I know the pain. Plus its my second can :P

Still have a skull king if you're interested.

Ah dude I only thought of you now. If you're In Dublin I could have met you in the beer market and split the can. It been my 'holy grail' for a while too so I know the pain. Plus its my second can :P

Still have a skull king if you're interested.

Cheers for the offer!

Knee deep into 10 bottles of Left Hands Nitro Stout. Its so much nicer when its served semi chilled rather than properly cold. Its a shame its so pricey ( i paid €4.50 a bottle).

Just in case anyone is after some Sweeneys in Phibsboro have loads of Kinnegars Black Bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Eviltwin Brewing, Hipster Ale. Dreadful stuff. Very bitter. Lacks hops.

flanzer wrote: »
    Eviltwin Brewing, Hipster Ale. Dreadful stuff. Very bitter. Lacks hops.

It's awful although in fairness not bud awful, I laugh everytime I see the cans in the offo knowing they will be still there the next time I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

It's awful although in fairness not bud awful, I laugh everytime I see the cans in the offo knowing they will be still there the next time I'm in

And I've been drinking McHughs Road Trip for the last few weeks, and it's off the scale great. Decided to be brave tonight and mix it up a little. It was on offer, on the shelf beside Modus Hoperadus (which obviously wasn't on offer). Such a fool, I am

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Founders Bolt Cutter. Incredibly nice beer. Super malty with a generous smattering of hops. Was just about to say that it hides the 11% really well until I looked at the label. 15%!!!! :eek: Didn't realise it was that strong! Still beautiful though.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Founders Bolt Cutter. Incredibly nice beer. Super malty with a generous smattering of hops. Was just about to say that it hides the 11% really well until I looked at the label. 15%!!!! :eek: Didn't realise it was that strong! Still beautiful though.

:eek: Now im curious!!!!

As I havent tasted it before what would you compare it to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

I'm gonna have to start buying Kostritzer Schwarzbier by the crate load.

The price + the fact that it's the only schwarzbier sold in the country being the reasons.

Eight Degrees need to get the finger out and nail this style.

Fook Brewdog for retiring Zeitgeist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement