Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Grafters IPA, I liked it & at €2.50 a bottle in Dunnes, great value for a quality beer IMHO

Kudos to River Rye for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

I had Dungarvan Copper Coast Red Ale last night for the first time in ages. Delicious stuff. Tasted slightly like dry roasted peanuts. Yum!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I treated myself to a few purchases yesterday. Picked up another bottle of 200 Fathoms for tonight, and a 6 pack of Lagunitas IPA.

Had one bottle of the IPA last night and a bottle of Shepherd Neame stout. Nice start to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

An File wrote: »
    I treated myself to a few purchases yesterday. Picked up another bottle of 200 Fathoms for tonight, and a 6 pack of Lagunitas IPA.

Had one bottle of the IPA last night and a bottle of Shepherd Neame stout. Nice start to the weekend.

Where still has 200 fathoms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

An File wrote: »

Where did you ding 200 Fathoms?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's an off-licence in Ennis with 2 bottles left, I think, and a small supply of US Voyager.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

Finally made it to the salt house. Had a no sweat u.s. lager. Really nice. Maybe just a touch hoppy for my taste. Slightly prefer cotton ball Indian summer lager I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Really enjoyed a few pints of Virginja Pale Ale by ÓCleirigh Brewery at the Taste of Cavan!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Founders Imperial Stout

Rich, thick, fruity with lashings of dark chocolate and a nice brown frothy head. Lovely Stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Really enjoyed a few pints of Virginja Pale Ale by ÓCleirigh Brewery at the Taste of Cavan!

Class, pity I missed that. Did you try the other brewery that launched from Cavan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Class, pity I missed that. Did you try the other brewery that launched from Cavan?

Celtic Warrior only launch yesterday. I got some bottkes and haven't tried them yet.

Brehon where there too, they had their Blonde and Red on tap, both great beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Got 2 growlers yesterday.

Brehon summer ale was lovely as I mentioned before.

Lagunitas IPA which I thought was much better than the bottled version.

I see 12 Acres has made it to Dublin now so picked up 2 bottles of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

In Rising Sons brewpub in Cork at the moment. Having a Dreamcatcher , a rye IPA., really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jack Codys St Patrick Imperial Stout, absolutely gorgeous. Rich, dark chocolate, smoky.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jack Codys St Patrick Imperial Stout, absolutely gorgeous. Rich, dark chocolate, smoky.

Is that the Hail Glorious St Patrick Extra Stout? If so, I really liked it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Had a good few interesting beers over the weekend...

Brooklyn Local 1 & 2. V expensive for starters (€26 for 2 750ML bottles). Wasn't overly impressed by either of them. Preferred No. 2 which is a darker offering.

Westmalle Trappist Tripel - Had a bad experience with this about 10 years ago so always left it alone since. My verdict now is I was an idiot when I was a kid! Its fantastic stuff. Will be getting a few more asap

O'Hara's Leann Folláin - Had meant to try this so many times but only got around to it over the weekend. Really liked it and for the price its in a different league to 90% of the opposition.

Another from last weekend in the Beer Market...

Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland - Barman recommended this to me after I ordered a Nitro Stout initially. Absolutely loved it. Could have drank it all night long. Hope to pay another visit before its gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Had a Dirt Wolf, double IPA from Victory Brewing, USA.

Really nice DIPA, nice bitter finish to it and I enjoyed it more than their Hop Devil that I had tried previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Where did you pick that up?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I saw some in Devaneys in Dundrum last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Don't know where else to put this.

Can this be got in Ireland?

Icelandic white ale. Einstok.

Phone won't let me post the link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

crazygeryy wrote: »

Yes, pretty easily got actually. Most good craft beer offies should have it or will be able to get it.

Try Drinkstore or McHughes in Dublin, McCambridges in Dublin or Abbots or Bradley's in Cork.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mitchell's in the CHQ Building in the IFSC usually have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

I think the Supervalus that were Superquinns also stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Regular offo was pushing German beers today, got a Jever pilsner.

Its not great. Ratebeer agrees, although I don't massively value it with its pushing anything popular down ethos.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Don't know where you are based, but I have got this in supervalue in loughrae, Galway a few times.

I have never seen it in any other supervalue though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Don't know where you are based, but I have got this in supervalue in loughrae, Galway a few times.

I have never seen it in any other supervalue though.

I'm in Limerick. Ill try a few places now that i know it can be got. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cosibo imperial stout, batch number 4.

Very thin for an imperial stout, hides the 10% well but meh. I'd be disappointed if I made this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is that the Hail Glorious St Patrick Extra Stout? If so, I really liked it too.
    Yep thats the one.
    Where did you pick that up?
    McHughs online delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Sierra Nevada Blindfold Black IPA, the colour of stout & intense flavours of a classic American IPA...

blindfold-bottlepint2015.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Having a bottle of White Had Red IPA and finding it very poor. Very little smell from it and and a very off taste.

Disappointing because I remember this being really really nice at the RDS last year so was looking forward to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement