Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

Kinnegar rustbucket. Absolutely beautiful. I had their yannarody recently and it was great too.

Can anyone advise what is a geuze?
    What type would be readily available?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Some 2014 Sierra Nevada Harvest wet hop.. 'tis grand but old.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

I thought the €28 price tags for a couple of them were typos on Drinkstore.
    Seen them priced at 30 euros elsewhere ! Crazy price, sadly giving it a miss.

Can anyone advise what is a geuze?
    What type would be readily available?
    Should find this in good offy's, its lovely

http://www.drinkstore.ie/Boon-Geuze-Mariage-Parfait-375ML-5412783052247/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Some 2014 Sierra Nevada Harvest wet hop.. 'tis grand but old.. :)

€5 in the Cellar?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

snowblind wrote: »
    I found Jaipur X to be sickly sweet and quite boozy :eek:
    Had another bottle tonight (was so impressed last night). Didn't find it boozy at all. Didn't think it had the typical cloying sweetness of a DIPA or IIPA either. But I guess that's why there's a wide range of beers - 'cos we all find something different in them. Looking at the reviews, they'd back up your views though. 'Old school hop bomb', 'boozy'. Strange - just didn't get that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

James Brown Chocolate Orange Stout tonight found it very highly carbonated a bit watery and no orange at all, was expecting it to be much better personally

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

snowblind wrote: »
    I found Jaipur X to be sickly sweet and quite boozy :eek:

Was the same and I love normal Jaipur. Found it difficult to finish actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had a Kinnegar Limeburner last night - awful muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

€5 in the Cellar?

I got it over in Kenny's in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Joekers wrote: »
    James Brown Chocolate Orange Stout tonight found it very highly carbonated a bit watery and no orange at all, was expecting it to be much better personally

Sounds like you drank it too cold. Warmed up a little and it's a lovely stout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Herself bought me a Brooklyn Black Ops as an anniversary treat.

Pretty spectacular beer.

Smoky and rich, dark chocolate and almost charred bitterness followed by hints of vanilla sweetness. Heavy on aroma, it really smelt amazing. Not an overkill of alcohol taste either even at 11.7%.

Was completely ready to stick it on the regulars list until I asked how much it had cost, nearly fell off my chair at the 24 euro price tag! Will definitely be having it again at some though.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

In Franciscan Well, had a beast of the yeast, farmhouse ale. Going down really easy

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

White hag session IPA is very good!

Having a Firestone walker double jack now. Haven't had this beer for years, its very very good. Reminds me a lot of Hop Stoopid, that oeae flavour. Double jack is a lot dryer and without the sugary after taste of Hop Stoopid.

Great beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

GBB In bloom : Gorse flower ; it's a wit beer with plenty of lemon zest and some sweetness too.

It's hardly carbonated at all so has no head either.

It's not my type of beer but was interesting all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Few from Pressure Drop brewery: Bosko, an excellent IPA, plus their Street Porter and Stokey Brown which were decent enough porter and brown ale. Great label designs too.

Have the Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout here to try next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Drinking a few Brehon Red tonight, felt like something easy drinking, and I've a case of this in the house, decided to crack a few tonight.

Look, it's Red Ale, but it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Was in the Salthouse tonight, Via Maris to start, grand, less flavour than I remembered. Had a Black Donkey Rye ale after, not great, a pungent taste but none of us could place a flavour. Followed with two Siren Calypso Berliner Weisses, very very good, and I'm not a sour fan normally

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

anncoates wrote: »
    Have the Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout here to try next.

What did you make of it?
    I had a bottle back in June, and my second experience of it on Tuesday night was just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

1032-wbeer-01.jpg&padding=0

St Feuillien Saison

Belgian Saison with a light, hazy body and nice frothy head. It has a subtle fruity tang and is just an all round tasty, drinkable Saison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Blacks Model T last night. It's very nice and I hope they make it a regular (and in 500ml bottles).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

matrim wrote: »
    Had a Blacks Model T last night. It's very nice and I hope they make it a regular (and in 500ml bottles).

I was just looking at that the other day. It seems to 8.5% this year. Wasn't it only 6.5% the last time it was out?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I was just looking at that the other day. It seems to 8.5% this year. Wasn't it only 6.5% the last time it was out?

It's down as 6.5 on ratebeer. I forgot to check the % last night. The bottle is still at home, so if I remember I'll check later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Really enjoyed Black Lighting by 9 White Deer. A Black IPA that Tastes like a hoppy Milk Stout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

An File wrote: »
    What did you make of it?
    I had a bottle back in June, and my second experience of it on Tuesday night was just as good.

Lovely drop. Must go back and get another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wanted to treat myself to these Firestone Walker beers that have arrived and Ashtray Heart but not arsed going to Drinkstore or Mchugh's so had to settle for

Blindfold IPA by SN and their porter along with Breakfast Stout by Founders. All bought in O'Briens.

First world problems etc etc

matrim wrote: »
    It's down as 6.5 on ratebeer. I forgot to check the % last night. The bottle is still at home, so if I remember I'll check later

The bottle I had was 6.5 but also has a best before of 30/07/2015 so I would assume last year's stock

Bah, this Black IPA is a bit lacking from SN. Not a hop bomb anyway I've come to expect from Beavertown, Founders or even Kinnegar's black IPA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Depends on the age of the bottle though really.

I reckon cans keep their hop aroma much better. The Easy Jack cans are much hoppier than the other Firestone Walker beers I drank over the weekend, all of which were bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

in Franscian Well over the weekend and had 2 of their specials
    Had California Common & Best From the Yeast (Saison)

Really enjoyed the California Common, very tasty drinkable pint.
    Beast from yeast was ok, no problems finishing it, just didn't feel like a second one. I was picking up a strong tangerine type taste which wasn't really to my liking

Also, had recently
    Firestone Walker - Pale Ale. Really nice, best PA I've had from US
    Anchor - Bock. Again, really nice beer, in my opinion not as nice as St. Mel's Spring Bock

• Advertisement

Today I was arsed...

zx31McIh.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement