Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A pint of hop house. The best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

VW 1 wrote: »
    Only new one I had over the weekend was ablackstairs fiery porter, which is made with jalapeños and ginger.

Bit of a strange one. Could get the ginger on the nose but not in the taste. The chilli was very subtle, but definitely left a warm feeling in the mouth that I'm not sure I liked at all. The beer itself lacked body, felt almost watery in the mouth without and real strong flavours. Definitely wouldn't be trying again.

Also was in carryout tyrrellstown yesterday, the Brooklyn black ops was reduced from 26 to 20. Asked the lad was it still 10% off when buying 6 large bottles which he said he would do.

Got two black ops, a 750ml mikeller number I can't remember the name of, a 750ml meantime porter and 750ml bottles ofBrooklyn 1 and 2 all for 80 quid.

I really liked the fiery porter, and definitely got a lot of chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A Maisel and friends pale ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Maiseltov!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Anyone try St Louis Premium Gueuze?

I am very fond of it, though anyone I have given it to has been less convinced. Particularly nice on a hot day as it's not unlikeba cider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

VW 1 wrote: »
    Only new one I had over the weekend was ablackstairs fiery porter, which is made with jalapeños and ginger.

Bit of a strange one. Could get the ginger on the nose but not in the taste. The chilli was very subtle, but definitely left a warm feeling in the mouth that I'm not sure I liked at all. The beer itself lacked body, felt almost watery in the mouth without and real strong flavours. Definitely wouldn't be trying again.

I had one of these last week too. I would have liked it to be a lot stronger with the ginger flavour. I'd definitely have bought some more if it was was instead of it being a buy only once to try it. Disappointed, but not a bad porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Recently I've been drinking a White Hag beer called Black Boar.

It's described as an "imperial oatmeal stout". Very nice.

10.2%, half-pint glass for 4.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Won't be going back to heat sink again, not awful but nothing positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I was a little bit disappointed by Heatsink as well. The chili element was good but I found the stout a little bit too thin and perhaps dry to complement the chili well.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Bradleys in Cork just got 12 bottles of Seaweed Saison - picked up 4 earlier for myself. Easily the best Irish beer I've had this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Victory Headwaters Pale Ale :
    Smells quite sweet but has a nice zest to it. Not a world beater but not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Yup I was disappointed by Heat Sink too. It was tasty enough but failed to deliver on the Chilli. It wasn't until I was on my second can that I got any heat at all. Blackstairs Feiry Porter and 8 Degrees Aztec were much better chilli beers IMO.

Just enjoyed a Kinnegar Yannaroddy with a slice of cheese cake, lovely pairing!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Bought a couple of bottles of Lagunitas Sucks from the Mace on SCR. The first number of the neck is the bottling date as a julian number. 211 which means July 30. Pretty good! And it is indeed tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

been a while since i posted here,

K.B.S. — Founders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

been a while since i posted here,

K.B.S. — Founders

Jealous of your comeback beer....I've two teasing me in the beer wardrobe

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This is my last one. I'm hoping that it'll be a regular thing in April in Ireland. Big hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Tesco have a half price sale on some of their bottled beers. Bought 6 different ones to try . honey dew nice crisp taste. lovely flavour. Just drinking revisionist dark IPA ,bitter but with a great flavour and a nice after taste. Had the innis and gunn earlier only 330ml bottles but 6.6%.
    Defiantly best of 3 I've tried. Nice strong taste and one of them beers that you defiantly want to try again. Defiantly buy more of this. The IPA was pretty good as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Think I'm starting to come around to saisons. Having a sheep stealer from black donkey and liking it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

avfc1874 wrote: »
    Tesco have a half price sale on some of their bottled beers. Bought 6 different ones to try . honey dew nice crisp taste. lovely flavour. Just drinking revisionist dark IPA ,bitter but with a great flavour and a nice after taste. Had the innis and gunn earlier only 330ml bottles but 6.6%.
    Defiantly best of 3 I've tried. Nice strong taste and one of them beers that you defiantly want to try again. Defiantly buy more of this. The IPA was pretty good as well

Definitely.

Had a crisp Super Bock lager to shake off the day just now, perfectly enjoyable lager. Have a Williams Bros March of the Penguins for later.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

matrim wrote: »
    Think I'm starting to come around to saisons. Having a sheep stealer from black donkey and liking it

I was just coming on to post pretty much the same thing, although it's actually the first saison I've ever had. Really nice, crisp beer.

Have a Williams Bros March of the Penguins for later.

Love that beer. I think I have one here somewhere, must give it an outing over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

matrim wrote: »

Sheep Stealer is a superb drink, really really good, lovely yeastyness and freshness to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

RadikAle Radical Brew gin botanical beer from an oak gin cask in Bierhaus, Cork.
    Pretty amazing.
    It's on keg too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Found Bruges Zot in my local Spar of all places!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hitachino Nest White Ale - Lovely beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Had a pint of Goodbye Blue Monday oatmeal IPA in ATG for lunch.

€6 a pint, great value for a superb collaboration brew that is just perfect for a day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Had a pint of Goodbye Blue Monday oatmeal IPA in ATG for lunch.

€6 a pint, great value for a superb collaboration brew that is just perfect for a day like today.

What makes it a collab brew?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

2 bottles of Galway bay's dark lager in the back of the van - really like it

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Beersmith wrote: »
    What makes it a collab brew?

It's brewed in collaboration with begyle brewing from Chicago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Beavertown Gamma Ray and a some Left Hand Nitro Stout for later....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Picked up a couple more Sucks and a Little Sumpin Extra, also bottled on 30th of July. Never tried that one before!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement