Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Penkins

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Having a cocoa wonderland myself as we speak (type), really is a fantastic sup.
    Passenger wrote: »
    Cocoa Wonderland is without doubt the finest stout that I have tasted.
    matrim wrote: »
    Dropped into The Black Sheep last night and had a Cocoa Wonderland. It's lovely. First is a big bang of chocolate followed by a roasted coffee. It's lightly carbonated with a full body.

My Fiancee had the new galway bay sour and liked it.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I really didn't like Cocoa Wonderland. Thought it tasted like artificial chocolate, with way too thin of a body. Somewhat like fizzy-chocolate water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Penkins wrote: »
    I seem to be in the minority here, but I really didn't like Cocoa Wonderland. Thought it tasted like artificial chocolate, with way too thin of a body. Somewhat like fizzy-chocolate water.

I didn't think it was great either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah had it tonight in black sheep and nothing special. Lactose definitely added, not much body and not worth the hype. Millienum delivered again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sipping on a Bru Darkside IPA. Enjoyable so far, feels a little lighter than Blacks, quite similar though. Little sharper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Cocoa Wonderland was wonderful when I had it in The Beermarket. A real joy to drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Had a bottle of Kinnegar's Crossroads the other night. Lovely stuff. Hoppy and flavourful without being intensely bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Had a bottle of Kinnegar's Crossroads the other night. Lovely stuff. Hoppy and flavourful without being intensely bitter.

Is it exactly the same as Mc Hugh's Road Trip or was there any differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

flanzer wrote: »
    Is it exactly the same as Mc Hugh's Road Trip or was there any differences?

I don't know, as I haven't tried Road Trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I've been enjoying Kinnegar's Rust Bucket. Can anyone recommend other rye ales?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I've been enjoying Kinnegar's Rust Bucket. Can anyone recommend other rye ales?
    Sierra Nevada's Ruthless Rye is exceptional, I'm not sure if it's a seasonal brew though ;)

• Advertisement

Tvm, I'll do my best to get my hands on some of that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I picked up a bottle of Weißenoher Bonator Doppelbock in my local Molloys last night. €1 from the bargain bin. Having it now and it's really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

A can of Metalman's smoked chilli porter, "Heatsink". A terrible name, but an enjoyable beer. A slight touch of smokiness and some chilli flavour but neither are too overpowering.

Having a can now and enjoying it. Just the right amount of smokiness and chilli for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I bought a couple of bottles of Erdinger Kristall in Tesco earlier at they were on offer for €1.63. A relatively conventional beer but one that I had never tried before.

The mouth feel is so, so smooth. Very much on the sweet side in terms of flavour but very light nonetheless and with a lingering head.

I rarely drink German beer but I was pleasantly surprised by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Good old reliable Founders Centennial, did I ever say it is a great beer ;)

A lot going on in this Seaweed Saison, dumped the yeast in after the first sip.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Tvm, I'll do my best to get my hands on some of that so.

Try Beavertowns 8 ball if you see it. it's fantastic.

Not G.R wrote: »
    Try Beavertowns 8 ball if you see it. it's fantastic.

4 quid for a stubby can! It better be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Sierra Nevada Nooner : very German style pils. I would rather drink a real German pils than this.
    I thought it was very grassy overall. It wouldn't be a go to beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Jack Cody's Summer Saison last night. It was quite sweet and malty with a bit of spice and dryness at the end. It was drinkable but I probably wouldn’t bother with it again

Also had a Blacks of Kinsale Black IPA. Very nice and one of my go to beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I picked up a bottle of Weißenoher Bonator Doppelbock in my local Molloys last night. €1 from the bargain bin. Having it now and it's really nice.

Which molloys was this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Which molloys was this ?

Clondalkin. I think there was only one though.

Not news I'm sure, but Punk IPA. Very tasty.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Drink-free September continues in style. Tonight I'm starting with a cool pint of Arrabawn fresh milk, followed by 75cl of Shloer (white grape, raspberry & cranberry) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Mikeller Santa's little helper, 2013.

Very tasty beer.

Heavy on the fruity taste, almosy like drinking a port, so definitely a sipper.

Spicy notes there as well, something that tasted a lot like nutmeg. Well rounded and with a really satiafyting bit of body to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

An File wrote: »
    Drink-free September continues in style. Tonight I'm starting with a cool pint of Arrabawn fresh milk, followed by 75cl of Shloer (white grape, raspberry & cranberry) :cool:

Perfect time to let us know what some of the non-alcoholic beers on the market are like

An File wrote: »

500x1000px-LL-eb341408_Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭flended12

Drank umpteen bottles of White Hag Session IPA yesterday at a wedding. Twas like mudders milk!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sierra nevada pale ale followed by a beautiful Button Axe Rocks bipa and now a Lublin to Dublin which is very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

matrim wrote: »
    Perfect time to let us know what some of the non-alcoholic beers on the market are like

Erdinger's not bad, but the second half of the glass seemed to drag on a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement