Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Had a few different beers over the last weekend.

Galway bay Buried At Sea. Do not rate this at all and did not enjoy it. I am a huge fan of milk Stout and chocolate Stouts but this didnt taste nice at all and just tasted like a every day Stout and i could not pick up on the Milk chocolate flavours it was post to have.

Brown Paper Bag Project / Kompaan Black Coffee IPA. This wasn't to bad to drink was like drinking a cup of coffee cold.

White Gypsy Blonde had maybe 4 pints of this yesterday and i it was quite a nice beer and would drink it again as it went down quite easy. Was the only craft beer in my local pub :O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Did not expect to see these in the local Molloys when I walked in this evening

cif4bKQh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Molloys have gotten really good over the last few years with their selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Celebrating tonight so Beavertown's Skull King, Siren's Bones of a sailor part 3 have a KBS for later too! :)

Bones of a sailor is a cracking beer Raspberry and chocolate bitterness with Vanilla sweetness. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Had Jack Cody's Hail St Patrick Extra Stout - thought it was superb, similar to wrasslers but with a bit of sweetness to it.

Also had the Brown Paper Bag Black Coffee IPA, think this was their best beer for me, so far, really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Schneider Weisse Unser Aventinus - I was bowled over by how a beer could be so flavoursome.

I don't have the vocabulary, or indeed the sophisticated palate, but complex is one word for it. In a good way.

That Lagunitas beer was dangerously drinkable for 8.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I use three different Molloys occasionally, and they're all pretty great. Clonsilla in particular.

Molloy's and O'Briens pretty good.

But if you're anywhere near Fairview / Marino, get thee to Martins. It's like a library. For beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Had James Brown Brews Chocolate Orange Stout last night was quite disappointed as couldn't pick up any chocolate or orange taste in it

• Advertisement

Black's High Viz. Good to see it in bottles now. I love the stuff, it really reminds me of Trouble's Whistle Blower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I just had a bottle of 8 degrees Millenium double IPA and my God is it good.

Sooooo ****ing tasty. Rivals if not betters of foam and fury which is a serious feat imo.

Go buy is all I can say.

I'll be stocking up before it goes off the market. Seemingly a special edition.

Hopefully it gets kept like Amber Ella.

Millennium is up next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Where in dublin is millennium as I haven't been able to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I just had a bottle of 8 degrees Millenium double IPA and my God is it good.

Sooooo ****ing tasty. Rivals if not betters of foam and fury which is a serious feat imo.

Go buy is all I can say.

I'll be stocking up before it goes off the market. Seemingly a special edition.

Hopefully it gets kept like Amber Ella.

Feck. Was in drinkestore earlier and forgot to ask had they any of this

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rufuseric82

jsa112 wrote: »
    Where in dublin is millennium as I haven't been able to find it

Molloy's in Clondalkin have it for €4.10.

It was great stuff, alright. Really hides the 10%. Smooth enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Finished the last part of my Masters today and celebrating with a Two Hundred Fathoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had an 8Degrees Ochtoberfest Bock lastnight, was hoping for so much more from it, minimal sweetness or aroma, quite pungent taste, just not great really. Followed by a Wild Bat, toasty, malty, sweet, much more to my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Had an 8Degrees Ochtoberfest Bock lastnight, was hoping for so much more from it, minimal sweetness or aroma, quite pungent taste, just not great really. Followed by a Wild Bat, toasty, malty, sweet, much more to my liking.

Pity that , they draught version at ICBF was very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

A bottle of White Hag Fleadh Red IPA. Disappointing. Had a sort of harshness to the flavour that was not to my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Bottle od Millenium imperial ipa and i have to say i am verry impresed, maybe coz is fresh but still what a great brew. Top league in ireland

Tis beer oclock. Got 4 Millennium in total, no point in ageing them :)

RD20kjs.jpg?1

Where'd you get the Kinnegar sour? Looks very interesting.

Drinkstore, they said it won't last too long. Only 30 cases for Ireland

Dammit. I'm sure it's class. Gotta get me some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Also got one of them Kinnegar sours and the Firestone Walker Wookey Jack and a Victory Storm King imperial stout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Picked up the last of the milleniums in molloys in clobdalkin. So far, it's beer of the year for me. Bloody dangerous at 10%, as it's so easy to drink

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_255014.jpg

Pokertree Seven Sisters Treacle Oat Stout

Nice aroma and a distinctive oaty, malty flavour to this stout but with a slightly bitter aftertaste too. Very watery however with medium carbonation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

About to crack open a bottle of O'Hara's Barrel Aged Barley Wine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement