Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Geuze wrote: »
    Swagman, Wine street, Sligo.

Bit of a trot for me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

O'Brother's The Sinner. Been seriously impressed with everything from O'Brother so far and this is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,989 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Geuze wrote: »
    I had it again. Yes, I appreciate it more now.

7.2% Heather sour ale.

6.00 per pint.

I think that's actually a different beer to the one you originally didn't care for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Am I right in thinking there is a v good deli near to Holles street hospital that has a good selection of beer to takeaway. Can't think of the name

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

stuchyg wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking there is a v good deli near to Holles street hospital that has a good selection of beer to takeaway. Can't think of the name

Probus on fenian st

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Terrible selection in that place, fridges are half empty

RasTa wrote: »
    Terrible selection in that place, fridges are half empty

Here now, have bottles of geuzeberry though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

:eek:

It used to be quite good but for the last year at least the selection of bottles has been poor. They seemed to have pushed back on the off-license and moved to being mostly a deli. The do have 2 taps which can have something nice.

matrim wrote: »
    It used to be quite good but for the last year at least the selection of bottles has been poor. They seemed to have pushed back on the off-license and moved to being mostly a deli. The do have 2 taps which can have something nice.

3 taps today. Big red IPA, wild bat pilot 2 and a black donkey brew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Planning on drinking a bottle of Trappistes Rochefort 8 this evening. The only catch is, the best before date was January...2012...

Am I at risk of going blind from drinking it?

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Nope, strong dark beers age really well. If you see any signs of it being opened previously then sink it, but if it's untampered it's good to go

Read this

Maybe try pick up a fresh bottle to taste side by side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

An File wrote: »
    Are any of the "mainstream" offies/supermarkets stocking the new McGargle's IPA?

Was in dunnes near work earlier, thought I'd pick up some up (and nick some more beer mats) but all gone despite loads of other McGargles stuff there Out of curiosity, tried my local Dunnes on way home and same.

Must be selling well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

An File wrote: »
    Are any of the "mainstream" offies/supermarkets stocking the new McGargle's IPA?

Have yet to see it in dunnes or tesco in Galway, Dunnes Edward square have never had mcgargles as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Have yet to see it in dunnes or tesco in Galway, Dunnes Edward square have never had mcgargles as far as I remember.

Pretty sure I saw it in Knocknacarra

Gneas dingle stout porter. A decent beer with some nice caramel and roasted malts. It's not going to blow your mind but It's very drinkable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was in dunnes near work earlier, thought I'd pick up some up (and nick some more beer mats) but all gone despite loads of other McGargles stuff there

I got it in Dunnes on the Childers Road in Limerick on Sunday, but there weren't many monotype 4 packs left. Mostly mixed cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SonicBoom87

Orchard theives, which is cider i think ? is cider beer?

Orchard theives, which is cider i think ? is cider beer?

Not according to revenue which annoys many cider makers.

• Advertisement

Er, it's not beer!

It's closer to a wine really, fermented fruit juice.

Beer has grains and hops.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Orchard theives, which is cider i think ?
    More of an alcopop than a proper cider. Proper cider isn't loaded with added sugar.

I drank a sip of OT and three of my teeth fell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Thought I'd have one of these for the big 30 last night.

Happy Birthday you Rovers bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

Bought 8 cousin Francis ipa in dunnes in Douglas. They knocked this out of the park. Up with lagunitas and Sierra Nevada for me. Top class ipa for 2 Euro a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Yep Dunnes.

Pick the right shop and there are €7 "taster packs" with 4 other McG's beers in them too.

It doesn't state on the taster box what beers are contained inside, so I took the presented beers as a suggestion, passed on it, and stuck in 4 Francis'.

So, 4 for €7.

Absolute bargain.

Finally happened, did it tonight, was into dunnes to pick up firelighters and poop roll, wasn't even going to get beer but did it for the sheer divilment of it!

Tehehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Brewdogs Lizard Bride a sour berry ipa and it tastes fantastically sour highly recommended and a Founders Dark Penance which is always reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Pretty sure I've seen McGargles in Dunnes, (possibly Knocknacara one), and Tesco in Galway before. They def do them in SuperValue on Fr Griffin rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

b.gud wrote: »
    Pretty sure I've seen McGargles in Dunnes, (possibly Knocknacara one), and Tesco in Galway before. They def do them in SuperValue on Fr Griffin rd

Ya McGargles are in Tesco, but not the new IPA. I've always ignored it when it SV so i'll have to look closer next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement