Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Decided to go on an adventure. Pint of Wrasslers in porter central. Enjoying a very nice pint of porter on cask in sweetmans. What next.. Might venture across the bridge to the black sheep in search of old rosie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Growler each of Lagunitas IPA and Whitehag Oktoberfest, both great.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

Have kinnegar released a bad beer?
    Drinking otway now, just finished scraggy bay.

I've loved their yannaroddy (really want to add
    coconut to a stout now) and their rustbucket may be my favourite of all, even above the geuzberry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

janiejones wrote: »
    Have kinnegar released a bad beer?
    Drinking otway now, just finished scraggy bay.

I've loved their yannaroddy (really want to add
    coconut to a stout now) and their rustbucket may be my favourite of all, even above the geuzberry.

Some of their beers aren't amazing (the red ale, Devil's backbone I think, for example) but none of them are bad and some of them are bloody delicious. One of my favourite Irish breweries. Love Rustbucket and Scraggy Bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Having one of the Francis' stupidly named IPA I got in the heist from Dunnes the other night. It's a really good beer but I can't help feel like they just decided "lets make it taste like Punk!". Nothing wrong with that mind, I love punk.

I do think it's a little under carbed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Having one of the Francis' stupidly named IPA I got in the heist from Dunnes the other night. It's a really good beer but I can't help feel like they just decided "lets make it taste like Punk!". Nothing wrong with that mind, I love punk.

I do think it's a little under carbed though.

Funny you mention Punk. I don't think it tastes like Punk but I do think it tastes a lot like one of the many BrewDog one off brews. It really is a great beer for the price, but price aside I still think it holds up.

Deception on cask and hopped to **** in porte temple. Im not sure what I was expecting with hopped to **** . Solid beer but felt a tad underwhelmed

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kinnegar Yannaroddy Porter. Flawless tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Earlier on I was in spoons and had Minagof Smoked Porter, very nice, spent this evening with Westmalle Dubbel, Rochefort 8 and St Bernardus Abt 12

Earlier on I was in spoons and had Minagof Smoked Porter, very nice, spent this evening with Westmalle Dubbel, Rochefort 8 and St Bernardus Abt 12

That in the TTT or 40FT? I have a few days off work so may venture to the TTT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,764 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The McGargles new IPA is decent. I'd suggest they need to withdraw the bizarre original one and let this replace it on tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

That in the TTT or 40FT? I have a few days off work so may venture to the TTT.

Was the 40ft I assume it's the same, they are having an ale festival atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone try the Beavertown Black IPA, Black Betty? Its sublime.

Absolutely loved it on tap. 6.8% of black creamy heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Saturday night i had a couple of Hofbrau Maibock, very nice, nutty, caramel, malty. A Wild Beer Co Millionaire Chocolate Salted Caramel Stout, sweet, bitter coffee, caramel smoothness, i didnt get much salt, nice but a glass was enough for me. Finally 8 degrees Vic Secret Black IPA, beautiful drink.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Saturday night i had a couple of Hofbrau Maibock, very nice, nutty, caramel, malty.

Currently drinking it in the Salthouse in Galway. Definitely my kind of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Zaph wrote: »
    Currently drinking it in the Salthouse in Galway. Definitely my kind of beer.

Thats where i was, if the Vic Secret is still on and your into Black IPA's then i highly recommend it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Trond wrote: »
    Anyone try the Beavertown Black IPA, Black Betty? Its sublime.

Absolutely loved it on tap. 6.8% of black creamy heaven!

I had a small sample of it at the Alltech fest back in the spring. Good memories of that day. :) Beavertown's cans are a little bit out of my price range at the moment, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Thought I'd finished all of the eight degrees millennium I had bought, until I found a lonely one sitting on the shelf in the local supervalu...yay

Now to do as they said in their vid and leave it for another month or so and see if the flavours have changed or to have it tonight....hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I have a bottle of GBB's Eternalist staring at me. Dunno whether to drink it now or save it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Had a nice weekend, really enjoyed a visit to this place

2aj2ozt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Anchor Bock Beer, it was delightful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Some highlights over that weekend include

Brewdog - Lizard Brige
    Beavertown- Stingy Jack
    Beavertown - Orange sour
    Beavertown/Dogfish Head - Ajna

Oh and Gamma Ray that fresh...

Totally in love with sours now

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

CR 7 wrote: »
    O'Brother's The Sinner. Been seriously impressed with everything from O'Brother so far and this is no different.

Great beer. Disappointed with the chancer in bottles tho. Loved it in draft but seems too bitter in the bottle.

A pint of Bengali in Wetherspoons. They have a decent selection on for the ale festival in the three tun tavern. A Nogne Nordic Noir next I think

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Now to do as they said in their vid and leave it for another month or so and see if the flavours have changed or to have it tonight
    Had a bottle tonight, great beer, but the flavours are beginning to go imo, so get it in you.

GBBs Maybe next monday is really good, blacks sour brown ale stunk so badly though

I'm hoping to be in Galway tomorrow evening, must give Maybe Next Monday a go if I get the chance.

Had a little treat tonight of O'Hara's Amber Adventure. I still like it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

An File wrote: »
    Had a little treat tonight of O'Hara's Amber Adventure. I still like it!
    Me too. Unfortunately the brewery decided it didn't like the recipe so isn't planning to brew it again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

The St Mels stuff they brew in Longford isn't bad. Pretty cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I live in France at the moment, where the beer here is all Belgian. Belgian beers are nice but theyre all wheaty and malty, and all kinda taste the same after a while. Theyre also very strong, 8-10% on average, and while thats fun, I find that the taste sometimes get lost in the alcohol.

I am coming back to visit on Friday and needless to say I will be drinking Kinnegars Scraggy Bay all week! God I miss Irish ales so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Had Odell Myrcenary Double IPA and Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout earlier for the first time. Both outstanding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement