Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

had a couple bottles of Trouble's Sabotage last night. Its not as nice as I remembered

Its decent but it's been surpassed by some of their other beers now really.

Had Foam and Fury on cask in Against the Grain yesterday, beautiful! Like drinking fruit juice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cask Porter in Sweetmans is absolutely delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Just back from two weeks in Tenerife. Not much in the way of craft beer over there but I did find a few.

Pale Ale by Tierra De Perros - The last thing I would describe this as was a pale ale. Quite dark and incredibly murky. Very strange taste for a pale ale too. Was okay
    Summer Ale by Tierra De Perros - A little better. Still quite dark and very murky. Was probably the best of the evening I had.
    Willie Sutton by Chutney - Not bad at all. Hazy orange beer but was the clearest one of the evening.

As well as the above, I drank Dorada, Cruzcampo & Tropical. Dorada is a refreshing beer in the heat but not something I'd drink at home. Cruzcampo is okay but Tropical is awful.

Looking forward to some very hoppy beers this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ballast Point - Pale Ale

Was hoping for a better hop profile given that it's called a Pale Ale, but it's also described as a Kölsch style ale which is a more accurate description. Nice for what it is but a little boring.

Had a bottle of Firestone - Wookey Jack last night. A Black Rye IPA. Amazing beer. So tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

have a brewdog tokyo chilling in the fridge. may not get to it tonight as there's talk of going to the pub but might have it tomorrow as past me had the genius idea to book tuesday and wednesday off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

No work tomorrow so going to stay up for the late NFL game. Have a 2 or 3 bottles i want to get through that i never tasted before. Left Hand's Milk stout nitro, Odell's Myrcenary Double IPA and a Trappistes Rochefort 10 a friend brought me back from Belgium.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sorry I didn't get more of them when they were around.

Just about to start on an O Brother Brutus.

After that, some realiables: Little Sumpin Extra, Full Irish and a Gamma Ray.

Molloys in Clonskeagh have a few still. The girl behind the counter has got big into non student beers. Risky business practice for a place so close to UCD but they have a nice rotation and she seems willing to give stuff a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Siren Under Current Oatmeal Pale Ale draught, so drinkable, lovely dry start with a flavourful finish. O'Brother Fixer Hoppy red ale draught, really good, lots of hops and a red that actually has flavour and taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

€10.35 for a pint of Modus and Thornbridge Black IPA in Black Sheep and Brewdock seemed a tad excessive considering 330ml was €6. Anyway enjoyed Godspeed sour

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

janiejones wrote: »
    Karpat coffee stout at the Franciscan well festival. It is delicious. I also had a fruh kolsch that was like a Heineken but it went to a good college, got a master's, married well and bought a nice house.

When did the Ukraine start on craft? Great find

Had the stout as well earlier today very nice, went down well with OH also.
    Had their IPA also 8% and packed a real punch, gutted when I went back for a second pint and it was sold out.
    Would not have tried the Ukraine stuff only when I got there a lot of what I wanted to try was sold out, but glad it worked out and got to taste some smashing beers.

Laguntas fusion also went down well.

Had obrothers Brutus on draft on bierhaus also, really good. Some punch of the 9%!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

No work tomorrow so going to stay up for the late NFL game. Have a 2 or 3 bottles i want to get through that i never tasted before. Left Hand's Milk stout nitro, Odell's Myrcenary Double IPA and a Trappistes Rochefort 10 a friend brought me back from Belgium.

Have couple of them myself, I was told by a barman recently to try it with a shot of expresso. Bit late in day for it but feic gona give it a whirl.

Also found a few Eight Degrees Full Irish. Not sure how they ended up in my shed but im not complaining! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Having a single hop adventure series Galaxy at the moment, I think O'Haras have done a great job isolating its flavour. Just out of the fridge so alot colder than I'd usually drink an IPA but somehow it suits it, finding it very very refreshing.

So glad Vic Secret is back as well had a very plesant surprise when I went down to the local Molloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A pint of Graffiti Pale Ale in thr Bull and Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Grafitti is a great pint. My local gets it in on rotation. Hopefully its due in soon

Had a few of Rascals Rain Czech Pils last night. Twas grand. Not a lot wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 68,765 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had the Aldi spiced ale twice over the weekend

I can't detect any spice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Feet up with Lagunitas daytime and Siren Quadrophenia ready to go here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

L1011 wrote: »
    Had the Aldi spiced ale twice over the weekend

I can't detect any spice.
    It's there alright, not very strong but obvious all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

L1011 wrote: »
    One of my two locals has the new mcgargles pale on tap now. Need to be careful with it due to the 7.1% though!
    Which one? I'm within striking distance of Maynooth.

• Was in Berlin on work last week. Never been there.

Berliner Wiese is savage

• Registered Users Posts: 16,994 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Was in Berlin on work last week. Never been there.

Berliner Wiese is savage

Red or green?

• Advertisement

I got to taste Brewdog Black Eyed King Imp - Vietnamese Coffee edition last night.
    I'm generally not a huge fan of barrel aged imperial stout/porter. Nor am I usually a fan of coffee in beer. This, however was really beautiful. 12.7% and thick but somehow not heavy. It has a really fruity coffee taste from it - i think the bean selection was very influential. Amazing.
    Reminds me a little of Bones of a Sailor Pt 3 but much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,765 ✭✭✭✭L1011

n97 mini wrote: »

O'Neills. Has the old IPA and the Red on tap also and an OK-ish selection of bottles

Bradys across the square has Franciscan Well, some McGargles and I think one other craft on tap, McMahons almost next door has one (rotating) Kellys Mountain on tap.

• Red or green?

Green, but didn't have much of it.
    Just had a glass then went back to regular pilsner after that

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Green, but didn't have much of it.
    Just had a glass then went back to regular pilsner after that

I haven't tried it but I know someone who wanted to try it without the syrup and they refused to serve it to him without. Strange people!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I haven't tried it but I know someone who wanted to try it without the syrup and they refused to serve it to him without. Strange people!
    Yeah, I had a bit of back and forth with a waitress before she'd bring me a Berliner Kindl Weisse without syrup.

There's an interesting article here about the guy who reckons Berliner Kindl's one isn't a true Berliner Weisse and is making is own using mixed fermentation.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just had my first Siren Broken Dream. It's a lovely rich, smooth, chocolatey stout with loads of malty flavour. It definitely won't be the last time I have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Having a Brewdog Candy Kaiser Altbier now, very good so far, bit of toasted malt and nuttiness and a bitterness to finish off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was picking up some wine last night and spotted Metalman Heatsink in a can so I grabbed one, never had one before but it's enjoyable.

I love Metalmans artwork across the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Graduated university today, so celebrating with some ales.

RadikAle Hopster is lovely, I know the reviews seemed to be hit and miss, but my pint was gorgeous.

Plenty more to come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

n97 mini wrote: »

not far from Maynooth myself, maybe a boards beer meet up could be arranged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement