Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

RasTa wrote: »
    €10.35 for a pint of Modus and Thornbridge Black IPA in Black Sheep and Brewdock seemed a tad excessive considering 330ml was €6. Anyway enjoyed Godspeed sour

Just found out that a schooner(440ml) is €5.90 in Thomas House. I'm done with their bars now, taking the piss for way to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Just found out that a schooner(440ml) is €5.90 in Thomas House. I'm done with their bars now, taking the piss for way to long.

The Thomas House isn't one of their pubs. Are you referring to the Beer Market on High Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The Thomas House isn't one of their pubs. Are you referring to the Beer Market on High Street?

I'd say he means that Thomas house are charging less for more and is done with GBB bars as they're charging more for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So 568ml in the Black Sheep is €10.35 and 440ml would be €8.02

And 568ml in the TH would be €7.62 and 440ml is €5.90

A 36% difference? Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Didnt we have a dedicated thread for the price whingers discussions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Duvel Triple Hop 2015, a superb, hoppy Belgian style IPA dry hopped with Equinox & a kick at 9.5% ABV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had an O'Haras Adventure Series Galaxy Hop last night. It was nice but I wouldn't rush out to grab another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

matrim wrote: »
    Had an O'Haras Adventure Series Galaxy Hop last night. It was nice but I wouldn't rush out to grab another.

Had the same last night too. I really enjoyed the aroma but for me, the citrus taste was overpowering. Didn't get much of the stone fruit that's touted with the Galaxy hop. Overall I liked it, but like yourself, wouldn't be in a hurry back.

• Large bottles of Cobra beer in Tesco are 2.64

Gona slug some tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

have a brewdog tokyo chilling in the fridge. may not get to it tonight as there's talk of going to the pub but might have it tomorrow as past me had the genius idea to book tuesday and wednesday off :D

did you have it?
    I didn't like it personally had one xmas day about 5 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

did you have it?
    I didn't like it personally had one xmas day about 5 years ago
    Same as myself, decided to give it another go there recently and wasn't particularly impressed again. All I got was a strong alcohol flavour from it, not much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

jsa112 wrote: »
    Same as myself, decided to give it another go there recently and wasn't particularly impressed again. All I got was a strong alcohol flavour from it, not much else.

That's what turned me off too was the alcohol flavour, though beer at 18% (I think) wont really be able to mask it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

GB Eternalist. Really far from special. I had De Ranke last week for same price, a beer on another level entirely. I could get the cab sauv off it alright but little else.

But I liked Maybe Next Monday. Properly sour if again overpriced in the Black Sheep.

Left Hand Nitro Stout. Just lovely.
    Brooklyn Brewing Black Chocolate. Gorgeous and cherry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

O Brothers Brutes, Double IPA.

Very, very impressive. Maybe up there with OFAF for me.

• Grayditch wrote: »
    O Brothers Brutes, Double IPA.

Very, very impressive. Maybe up there with OFAF for me.

Nice for sure but a queer price tho

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Black's Kinsale Pale Ale from the can. Had a bottle last week but seems better this week. Maybe the mind playing tricks!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nice for sure but a queer price tho

I think it was about 6.20, for a small brewery I think it might be the best they can do, but I'm glad I gave it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mescan no 63 Blond.

Oh my. What a brew

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Just got a shock! Picked up the new Siren IPA today. Dippy and the Equinox, spotted the boneyard symbol on the side just now.

That brewery made outstanding IPAs, this is one very very good collaboration brew.

I normally stay off the booze for November, don't think its possible now.

Tried the O brother double IPA, something weird with the hop ratios, it tastes a little funky. it would be a decentish home brew but no way worth that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Having a leffe ruby at the moment.
    It's billed as being the best of all Belgian beers, enhanced by a red berry finish
    It's grand stuff.
    I'd say very girl friendly as there's that sweet taint off it, but definitely a pleasant drink
    The other few bottle will be donated to the Mrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Didnt we have a dedicated thread for the price whingers discussions?

Oh noe! Someone dared question the GBB.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout (to celebrate not dying on stage in my first ever play yesterday)

Treaty City Harris Pale Ale (to celebrate Limerick not finishing bottom of the league! :D:D:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

An File wrote: »
    Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout (to celebrate not dying on stage in my first ever play yesterday)

Treaty City Harris Pale Ale (to celebrate Limerick not finishing bottom of the league! :D:D:D )

Congrats, was a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just a matter of Harps now.

And to keep this post somewhat on topic enjoying a can of delicious Founders Centennial, such a wonderful drink. Also enjoying the fact Longford finished 6th in their first season back and not one home game did I make :(

Had a can of Ska's Rudie Session IPA in the Thomas House after Doug Stanhope yesterday. Loved it. They had a blonde beer by Ska too, but I gave it a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

O Brother The Sinner IPA - weakest OB beer I've tasted by a distance.

Finding it hard to get any aroma and for a 6.5%er it's very light on the body too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,765 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You've us Harps to deal with yet :PAC:

Metalman as a nice surprise in what I thought was a macro only bar. Had some Asahis also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Sirens collab Blue Sky Blue Sea, lovely Gose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Cast Iron wrote: »
    Black's Kinsale Pale Ale from the can. Had a bottle last week but seems better this week. Maybe the mind playing tricks!

Their beer is far better on tap or in cans than it is bottled, IMO. Not sure if their bottling process is great, cos I've had some fairly stale bottles of the KPA over the last year. But it's always a beautiful beer on tap.

• Advertisement

• Grayditch wrote: »
    I think it was about 6.20, for a small brewery I think it might be the best they can do, but I'm glad I gave it a go.

Not sure if serious...

I must have got robbed, paid silly money for one bottle of it

Edit* Ah NM I get ya now. I read the post wrong :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement