Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And Courage Superior Ale "Directors" yum

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

An File wrote: »
    Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout (to celebrate not dying on stage in my first ever play yesterday)

Treaty City Harris Pale Ale (to celebrate Limerick not finishing bottom of the league! :D:D:D )

I was celebrating Dundalk winning the league weeks ago :p

Had a few pints of Fischers which I normally just ignore because it seems to get a bad rep. The pints were flying down quaffingly. Its the type of pint you could have for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Where did you get Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout An File ? Or does anybody know where any bottles might be floating about still

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a few last night

Sheep Stealer - Said before that this is a nice easy drinking saison. Only problem was that I couldn't pour it without a giant head.

Reel Deel Jack The Lad - I think this was my first time having this and I enjoyed it. A nice bit of malt and hops for a 4.5% beer. Probably more of a pale ale than IPA but still nice.

8 Degree Polar Vortex - Another good beer from these guys. Lovely citrus and fruity hops with a nice sweet malt backbone to balance it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Founders Devil Dancer Triple IPA, given to me by a friend...

Yowza, had to have this hop bomb with a spicy meat feast pizza with habanero's, a perfect pairing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jsa112 wrote: »
    Where did you get Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout An File ? Or does anybody know where any bottles might be floating about still

I think I bought that bottle a year ago from the Fine Wines offie on Catherine Street in Limerick. Had it kept in a box since last Christmas with some other fancy stouts and porters.

My girlfriend managed to get me another one during the summer though, and I think it was the same Fine Wines that sold it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I was drinking Costellos red ale on tap in Kilkenny. Really is a great red ale. I think it's very session-able. Has a nice sweetness up front and a citrusy kick at the end. Has anyone else had the chance to try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

L1011 wrote: »
    Had the Aldi spiced ale twice over the weekend

I can't detect any spice.

Had one of these last night, its loaded with Cinnamon!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Had a Kinnegar Geuzeberry last night. It was magic. Fantastic tartness, with a really lovely aftertaste. Hope they make more.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Their beer is far better on tap or in cans than it is bottled, IMO. Not sure if their bottling process is great, cos I've had some fairly stale bottles of the KPA over the last year. But it's always a beautiful beer on tap.

Yea I had been told previously that cans maintain beer far better than bottles, thorough protection from light. Was still surprised how much more I enjoyed the KPA can over the bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Cast Iron wrote: »
    Yea I had been told previously that cans maintain beer far better than bottles, thorough protection from light. Was still surprised how much more I enjoyed the KPA can over the bottle.

I enjoy it in every form tbh, it's a staple beer for me, hard to resist when I see a tap in a bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

After 8 bottles of craft beer I am pissed who cares what I am drinking now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Had Northbounds pale ale. There's not a lot happening in it which is disappointing because I loved their Altbeer. Luckilly I had a couple of bottles of Full Sail to have after it

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Had a Brehon Shanco Dubh last night. What a lovely beer that got even lovelier as it warmed up a little. Followed it with a Brewdog Cocoa Psycho. Oddly I detected more coffee flavours than cocoa, but you could definitely smell the cocoa. It's a really thick, almost syrupy beer that hides its 10% extremely well. A very nice beer to sip away at.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rocked into November on the back of a litre bottle of Black's Model T stout from Kinsale. I'd been saving that one for a long time, and it went down gloriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

The new brewdog king imp is very good, couldn't get much coffee though. Expensive, but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Union Beast of The Deep, heller bock, very enjoyable, a lighter, less sweet bock. Black Wych by Wychwood, didnt think it was great at all, bit thin, watery, lacking flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Galway Bay The Eternalist last night. I was expecting a really sour beer but this isn't. The smell is mostly raspberries with sour hints. But the flavour starts sour, with strong raspberry flavours again but this mellows into a dryish finish. I don't think I'd go for it again because of the price but it was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Myself and beer bud got almost no raspberry. In fact just no raspberry. Lots of the wine barrels it was lashed into for whatever time.
    No sour whatsoever. It is dry.
    Way overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Way overpriced.

Careful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,765 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lublin to Dublin, found a single bottle of it in one of my regular offos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

jsa112 wrote: »

http://www.martinsofflicence.ie/n-gne-imperial-stout/

http://www.mchughs.ie/nogne-o-imperial-stout-50cl-1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Was drinking Narwhal in the Salhouse at the weekend. It's rare to see it on tap this side of the pond so I felt obliged to overindulge. Pure stouty silk!

I was also lucky enough to get my hands on some Buxton Yellow Belly Sundae - an incredible stout, a bomb! Streets ahead of any stout produced here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Probably a stupid question but how good is the Flounders Breakfast Stout? Considering picking a few up as I haven't tasted it yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Trond wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but how good is the Flounders Breakfast Stout? Considering picking a few up as I haven't tasted it yet.....

It's an excellent imperial stout. Big and bold with lots of chocolate, coffee and oatmeal but very well balanced. Like all big stouts, find it much better served slightly chilled, not cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    It's an excellent imperial stout. Big and bold with lots of chocolate, coffee and oatmeal but very well balanced. Like all big stouts, find it much better served slightly chilled, not cold.

Cheers for that. Drinkstore are out of stock at the moment but McHughs seem to have it.

Took me a while to really appreciate the temperature side of things myself. Even the likes of the Left Hand Nitro Stout and Leann Follain are far better only slightly chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Founders Breakfast Stout is the bee's knees IMO.

Speaking of Stouts, I had Yellowbelly Mussel Stout on draught in The Beer Market the other day and really enjoyed it. Slightly dry and smokey and just an all round decent stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Another +1 for the Founders Breakfast Stout, amazing beer. Founders generally make top class beers though.

Had a can of Fourpure Brewing Co. - Session IPA. Really nice beer. Could drink it all night. Reminds me of a slightly sweeter less bitter Punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

6 cans of KPA for €11.95 from Tesco, that'll do pig, that'll do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

6 cans of KPA for €11.95 from Tesco, that'll do pig, that'll do.

It's 6 for the price of 5 on all craft and crafty beers btw, my local had the O'Hara's core range, McGargles, Black Donkey, Blacks and a few others to pick from. Not a bad deal.

Really miss their €1.50 bottles of Sierra Nevada Pale from a few years back though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement