Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

I know this is off topic but is anyone familiar with the pubs in Enniskerry? I will be there tonight and nothing showing up on the beoir app as having a craft selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Called into the Wetherspoon's in Cork for the first time.

The cask pints for €2.50 is really nothing to complain about. Had an Adnam's Ghost Ship and something called John Bull Stout. Both tasty. Not bad at all. I shall return for my cask ale fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Have a bottle of Leann Follain for later, it is International Stout day after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Is it?

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Having a Sierra Nevada Narwhal to celebrate. Holy crap, that's spectacularly good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

No stout in the house so having a O'Sheas Amber soon to be followed by a bottle of Troubles Pumpkin Ale

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Karmeliten Kloster doppelbock, perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Drinking Bohemia Wiezen 5.7% the best beer here in Mexico
    didnt know about this beer until last week before that was drinking the shyt Corono and Sol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Having a Victory Storm King imperial stout. Not what I was expecting for an imperial stout. Starts very hoppy, almost like a double black IPA, but finishes like a malty/roasty stout. Quite thin and hot, not very well balanced. Hmmmm, not so much.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Zaph wrote: »
    Having a Sierra Nevada Narwhal to celebrate. Holy crap, that's spectacularly good beer.

One of my absolute favourites! I'll have to order a few more between now and Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

An File wrote: »
    One of my absolute favourites! I'll have to order a few more between now and Christmas.

Where do you get yours from?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Drinkstore had it the last few years, but it's not on their website at the moment. I'll let you know if I find it anywhere else. Maybe Molloy's?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I picked it up in either Molloys or Devaneys in Dundrum. Can't remember exactly which but I suspect it was Devaneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Having a Victory Storm King imperial stout. Not what I was expecting for an imperial stout. Starts very hoppy, almost like a double black IPA, but finishes like a malty/roasty stout. Quite thin and hot, not very well balanced. Hmmmm, not so much.

Hum...got a bottle of these the other day and planned on enjoying over the weekend. My expectation just got lowered :-(

Had a bottle of the Brehon Porter last night. As someone on here mentioned previously, it gets much nicer as it warms up a little. If having in future will take out of fridge at least an hour before opening. Decent beer, not a bad price either for 7.7% adv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Their beer is far better on tap or in cans than it is bottled, IMO. Not sure if their bottling process is great, cos I've had some fairly stale bottles of the KPA over the last year. But it's always a beautiful beer on tap.

Had a rather dull bottle of their Black IPA nowhere near as nice as previous times I've had it. Also was charged €7.50 for it in Peruke and Periwig! And €6.50 for a glass (not even a nice chalice) of Affligem. Not a price list in sight anywhere either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

At a craft beer event last night in Derry. £10 in and you get 28 tokens for a "sample" of beer. The idea was you'd get about 100mls of each but the stands were all very generous with their pours and weren't too fussed about the tokens anyway. Mix of brewers/distributors including Northbound, Inish Mac Saint, Farmageddon, Kinnegar, Galway Bay, Knockout, Boundary, White Hag, Magic Rock, Brewdog, Sharps, Thornbridge, among others.

Highlights were;
    White IPA from Farmageddon, only 3.8% but packed full of grapefruit.
    High Wire from Magic Rock, really fruity, almost tasted like a can of lilt.
    White Hag Heather Sour, didn't get a whole lot of heather off it but it was very tasty, had to go back for seconds.

To top it off there was iberico ham, salami, a selection of breads with tapenade, cheese, hummus and a few other bits all laid out as well. Great evening. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hum...got a bottle of these the other day and planned on enjoying over the weekend. My expectation just got lowered :-(

If it makes you feel any better I loved it. Tried it years ago when a 6% beer was my limit so I didn’t enjoy it at all, but the last time I tried it I thought it was pretty close to perfection for an Imperial Stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Cocoa Wonderland is back on tap in Against The Grain :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Square Ball had it on Tuesday last too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

BeerNut wrote: »
    The Square Ball had it on Tuesday last too.

Id quite literally drink it till I drop. Cant get enough of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

They had the Narwahl in Deveneys last time I was in there, about a week ago.

Trond wrote: »
    Id quite literally drink it till I drop.
    Shouldn't take long for the type-2 to kick in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is o'sheas pale ale from ALDI from the same Brewer as o'haras or curim?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is o'sheas pale ale from ALDI from the same Brewer as o'haras or curim?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

They had the Narwahl in Deveneys last time I was in there, about a week ago.

Just popped in to deveneys now and they definitely have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any Mescan in the chain stores outside of Mayo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Trouble Remix in the Brew Dock. Had this at a fest I think - unless I'm very confused. Seems better now though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement