Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Has anyone ever had the M and S chuclate porter?

It's made by the same crowd who make old toms chuclate ale and that's fantasic

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Has anyone ever had the M and S chuclate porter?

It's made by the same crowd who make old toms chuclate ale and that's fantasic

Is chuclate nice? never had it. wonder is it a derivative of chocolate?? :P

smurf492 wrote: »
    Is chuclate nice? never had it. wonder is it a derivative of chocolate?? :P

Sorry for haveing deslexa ......

Ended up playing it safe with 2 bottled of youngs chocolate tonight with a bottle of neds IPA I should be grand

Sorry for haveing deslexa ......

Ended up playing it safe with 2 bottled of youngs chocolate tonight with a bottle of neds IPA I should be grand

No offence intended. I live in galway and have not come across the neds IPA. where do you get it?

No offence intended. I live in galway and have not come across the neds IPA. where do you get it?

I got it dunnes stores in Cork in the city 7 euros for 4 bottles can't go wrong.

• Advertisement

I got it dunnes stores in Cork in the city 7 euros for 4 bottles can't go wrong.

Jesus, will take a look in me local dunnes later. cheers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Neds IPA is the sub-par McGargles - Knock Knock Ned's IPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Eight Degrees Snow Eater is ok, wouldn't buy again although nothing wrong with it. I got their barleywine which I haven't tried.

Siren's Caribbean chocolate cake I'd buy a crate if it wasn't a fiver a pop

Neds IPA is the sub-par McGargles - Knock Knock Ned's IPA

Ah yes i know it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Tried 3 dark beers this week. In order of my favourites, they were O Brother's Joe Coffee Porter, Dungarvan's Coffee and Oatmeal Stout and Wicklow Wolf's A Beer Called Rwanda.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else tried A Beer called Rwanda. Although it's a collaboration with Java Republic coffee roasters, I didn't get much coffee from it compared to the other two. I was getting a nutty, dark berry taste from it, which was actually ok at the start but wore thin on me.

The O Brother's Coffee Porter was delicious though. Definitely going to pick up another bottle of that pretty soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Dunnes Knocknacarra have it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm interested to hear if anyone else tried A Beer called Rwanda. Although it's a collaboration with Java Republic coffee roasters, I didn't get much coffee from it compared to the other two. I was getting a nutty, dark berry taste from it, which was actually ok at the start but wore thin on me.

I had a bottle of that last weekend and felt pretty much the same way. Glad to have tried it, but not in a rush to buy it again. That said, I haven't tried many brown ales before so maybe I just don't appreciate the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

The bottles if Rawanda I've had were very heavy on the coffee to the point of it tasting like cold black coffee with a shot of alcohol. I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Eight Degrees Belgian porter was OK.
    The barleywine is excellent!

Bottle of Liquid Mistress, I love this beer

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In the Salt House. Had to try Space Suit.

Followed by Modus Hopperandi. The switch from sour to bitter was interesting! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Bottle of heineken and some white wine,
    Ive heard theres a rhyme so you dont drink them in the wrong order :/
    should of stuck to my guinness
    This isnt a Game people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Kinnegar Maddyroe, burnt red IPA - not bad. Pours dark red almost brown. Fruit and strawberry on the nose. Toasty and malty with flavours of orange and more strawberry. Medium body, somewhat bitter with a decent finish.

Edit: After drinking the Founders Backwoods Bastard last night:-

61876059.jpg

Beautiful stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Dogfishhead pearcing pils (last bottle) and bottle of doghishead 90 min ipa ( one more left)
    All that hype about that brewery is true.

Siren Broken Dreams Breakfast stout is a decent example of the style.

Do Siren make a really bad beer? I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Rumun wrote: »
    Dogfishhead pearcing pils (last bottle) and bottle of doghishead 90 min ipa ( one more left)
    All that hype about that brewery is true.

I take it you didn't buy those this side of the pond?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I take it you didn't buy those this side of the pond?

Manila.
    Single origin bistro beer menu is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Bosprotter Hofbrouwerijke tripel is a gusher, lost 80% of the beer, to be avoided

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Took a visit to brewdog in soho yesterday and had their black ipa

If I see anyone complaining about the price of beer in Galway pubs they can feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Two unusual ones this evening, Gosnells Mead. Think I've had mead before but I don't remember liking it, but I really liked this one. Unusual in that it has a deep honey sweetness followed by fresh tartness.

Drinking Alvinne/Laugar Ich bin ein Berliner Ryesse. It's a Berliner Weissbier. Not sure about this one. It's as funky and sour as hell! But oddly enough it's also quite refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Took a visit to brewdog in soho yesterday and had their black ipa

How much where they charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

oblivious wrote: »
    How much where they charging?

From what I remember it was 5 pound and 50p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Bottle of heineken and some white wine,
    Ive heard theres a rhyme so you dont drink them in the wrong order :/
    should of stuck to my guinness
    This isnt a Game people

There's a few different ones, depending on where you are.

"Bier na wijn geeft venijn, wijn na bier geeft plezier."

"Bier auf Wein, das lass sein, Wein auf Bier, das rat' ich dir"

Basically beer on top of wine is bad, wine on top of beer is the way to go.
    Personally I would have though going from a stronger alcohol content to a lower one would be the way to go, but then again, maybe it's just one of those drinking myths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

From what I remember it was 5 pound and 50p

Per pint? Or per half?

If it's per pint, that's not really expensive for a really nice beer. Even if the exchange rate isn't good at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Few bottles of Widmar Brothers Upheaval IPA and Firestone's Easy Jack IPA. Could not fault either and will purchase a few more of each for the Christmas drinking selection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement