Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Backwoods Bastard, what a time to be alive :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Forgot how good 200 Fathoms is.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Picked up sierra nevada 2015 celebration and kentucky old fashioned barrel ale which at 10% sounds fierce :-)

Edit:

slayerking wrote:
    Forgot how good 200 Fathoms is.

Wheredid you see this on sale again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I still have 3 bottles of 200 Fathoms hidden away, with 3 Westvleteren XIIs, a KBS, one Bourbon County stout, and a litre of Franciscan Well's Jameson barrel-aged Stout. I wonder what that would fetch at auction! :eek:

Pulled out a Samichlaus from 2012 for tonight. Gonna share it with two of the lads. Seeing as it's Christmas. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

had Trouble Brewing's new cherry chocolate stout. It smells like baby sick but it tastes quite decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

smurf492 wrote: »
    Wheredid you see this on sale again?

I've a stash of it in the fridge, 2 bottles left now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Heineken is a big favourite. But I'm recently quite hooked on Hop House 13!

Elemonator wrote:

Tis lovely if you like a fine hangover next day...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

smurf492 wrote: »
    Tis lovely if you like a fine hangover next day...

That'll be the alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Different beers, different hangovers, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Elemonator wrote: »

Put the Rod away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

This evening, I will mostly be drinking Sierra Nevada Blindfold, Celebration Ale followed by some White Hag Black Boar.....tis the season:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

This years Dash Away is not as good as last year imo.

Diving Bell, I loved it in Beer Market last night. The Mrs had a Caribbean Chocolate Stout which I liked too.

/finished the night with a Maybe Next Monday which I absolutely love.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

The standout beer for me from brussels was having both Struise Pannepot 2015 and the 2010 reserve side by side.
    Both beers were unreal but the complexity of the 2010 made it so much better.

As for the food, I wish we had a place like Nuetnigenough in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Moose Drool Brown Ale by Big Sky Brewing based out of Montana; really enjoyed this. As much as I love hops its good to enjoy a few malty beers.
    And speaking of malt I also had Ild Fezziwig Ale from Sam Adams, it's part of their christmas pack. This one has a nice roasted malt taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Was out for a work lunch last Friday and had a Brewdog Nanny State, non-alcoholic! It was strangely nice, hoppy, IPA-like. The main difference to any other alcoholic alternatives was that it lacked a finish

Definitely an alternative if you've to take the car out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

8 Degrees Big River, do those boys make a bad beer!! Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

All O'Brother for the evening. Clearing out a few more of my stock of Joes, which are still as good as ever, my favourite of all this year's seasonals I've tried so far. And a Fixer to finish off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had O'Haras Barrel Aged Leann Follain tonight, wasnt mad on it at first but the flavour developed very well in the glass, the blend of whiskey and roasty/smokey stout worked well, quite well balanced.

Had a Brugse Bok too, gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

tang1 wrote: »

Finished the night off with a Coisbo No 4 Russian Imperial Stout, strong coffee taste I thought which I liked but a little dead for my liking. Got it for nothing and came highly recommended, don't think I would part with cash to buy some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

tang1 wrote: »

Had this last night and also thought it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

CR 7 wrote: »
    All O'Brother for the evening. Clearing out a few more of my stock of Joes, which are still as good as ever, my favourite of all this year's seasonals I've tried so far. And a Fixer to finish off.

Absolutely! While The Chancer (imo) is better on draft, Joe, Brutus, and The Fixer are all top top beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Do we have our Xmas stash in yet lads? I still haven't gotten mine yet. Any suggestions

My local offie has a bottle of kbs put away for me and a couple of Kinnegar Geuzeberry. I'm getting a few Northbound Sticke Alt and I might be able to get my hands on a bottle of 200 Fathoms somewhere else but I'm looking for that something really special for after Xmas dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Having a diving bell in brewdock. I'd be slightly annoyed if I paid the off license price for it. Does hide the abv well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh and dunnes have lagunitas in stock now, first time seeing it there although no price on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

RasTa wrote: »
    Oh and dunnes have lagunitas in stock now, first time seeing it there although no price on it

Meant to share that, also Sierra Nevada pale ale and Torpedo I'll check prices tomorrow but I think Lagunitas & Pale ale are €3 And Torpedo €3.40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

RasTa wrote: »

I wonder has this to do with the Heineken joint venture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Ipso wrote: »
    I wonder has this to do with the Heineken joint venture.

Probably not, the current importer still has exclusive distribution rights in Ireland AFAIK. Friend runs a pub and had asked the Heiniken rep when/if he'd be able to order kegs of Lagunitas stuff through him and the rep said it would be a while if ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Probably not, the current importer still has exclusive distribution rights in Ireland AFAIK. Friend runs a pub and had asked the Heiniken rep when/if he'd be able to order kegs of Lagunitas stuff through him and the rep said it would be a while if ever.

Saw lagunitas on tap in two different pubs in Dublin in the last month or two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement