Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Saw lagunitas on tap in two different pubs in Dublin in the last month or two.

Yeah, imposted by Grand Cru beers. Not Heiniken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Shocking amount of coffee seasonals out this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Meant to share that, also Sierra Nevada pale ale and Torpedo I'll check prices tomorrow but I think Lagunitas & Pale ale are €3 And Torpedo €3.40

Coincidentally spotted these in Dunnes last night and picked up a few. 20 cent a bottle cheaper than O'Brien's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Had a few Trouble Brewing "Dash Away".... nice rich cherry taste, with a bit of dark chocolate on top, Malty too, 5.7% a.b.v.

I found it heavy enough going after a few, but definitely recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

slayerking wrote: »
    Shocking amount of coffee seasonals out this Christmas.

Dungarvan Coffee & Oatmeal, A Beer Called Rwanda & O'Brother Joe. Any others I've missed?

I love coffee in a beer when it's done well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's the O Brother Joe like? I got a bottle last night to try it over Chtistmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

An File wrote: »
    What's the O Brother Joe like? I got a bottle last night to try it over Chtistmas.

I enjoyed it and at 6.1% its a bit bigger than others on the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

There's a new Carry Out in Charlestown SC in Finglas, went in for a look (also had to buy some Coors Light for a guest tonight).

Their craft selection is abysmal. The bad McGargles beers, some O'Hara's (core plus Lublin and Galaxy Hop), and Bru lager, stout and red.

Vast contrast with Carry Out Tyrrelstown and Clongriffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was in the pottorhouse in cork last night for the 1st time extramly nice bar and the fact there was board games as well made it better.

They had lagunitas cappuccino stout on draft last night and the bar man said to me he has never seen a guy so happy in his life over a beer ha ha.

Had 2 1/2 pints of it at 3.90 each. 7.80 for a pint isnt that bad considering its nearly 9 euros for 660ml bottle. Then add the fact i wont drink any more for the night ha ha.

Tastes way better on draft then in a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Dungarvan Coffee & Oatmeal, A Beer Called Rwanda & O'Brother Joe. Any others I've missed?

I love coffee in a beer when it's done well.

Theres also Donegal Expresso Stout, Stone Barrel Coffee & Oatmeal Stout and I think another one that escapes me. 5 for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sierra Nevada's 2015 Celebration is back! :)

I know there are much better beers, but this one just tastes like Christmas to me!

Sleepy wrote: »
    Sierra Nevada's 2015 Celebration is back! :)

I know there are much better beers, but this one just tastes like Christmas to me!

This year's is particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

There's a new Carry Out in Charlestown SC in Finglas, went in for a look (also had to buy some Coors Light for a guest tonight).

Their craft selection is abysmal. The bad McGargles beers, some O'Hara's (core plus Lublin and Galaxy Hop), and Bru lager, stout and red.

Vast contrast with Carry Out Tyrrelstown and Clongriffin.

The old off license it took over from last week was shocking too. Was hoping this would be different but no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    This year's is particularly good.

Like Christmas Pudding in a glass :)

aaronm13 wrote: »
    The old off license it took over from last week was shocking too. Was hoping this would be different but no such luck.

yep was brutal

was kind of hoping it was the people who used to run the carry out in Ashtown moved in, but clearly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Meant to share that, also Sierra Nevada pale ale and Torpedo I'll check prices tomorrow but I think Lagunitas & Pale ale are €3 And Torpedo €3.40

Dunnes have O'Hara's Barrel Aged for 12.95 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Stocked up on few SN Torpedo in Dunnes today for 3 quid each. Had the Pale Ales too. Saw the Barrel Aged Leann Follain in another Dunnes earlier in the week so presumably most have them.

Have a Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake Stout and SKA Decadent Imperial IPA here to start on.

yep was brutal

was kind of hoping it was the people who used to run the carry out in Ashtown moved in, but clearly not.

Unfortunately they seem to know their market with fat frog and slabs of crap on sale. At least Sweeneys is only a few minutes further in the car. Maybe they're only finding their feet and after Xmas it'll improve but not holding out much hope.

I hate driving to Sweeneys!

I'd sooner head up to T-town, or The Hole In The Wall has a decent offie.

I hate driving to Sweeneys!

I'd sooner head up to T-town, or The Hole In The Wall has a decent offie.

Parkings a nightmare but it's less than a 10 minute drive from me. I'm going to Martin's in Fairview more lately as I can just pull up outside. Must check out the hole in the wall one though.

• Advertisement

I'm not much further from Sweeneys myself.

I do often get the chance to head to either McHugh's too, my parents live about halfway between both.

The Carry Out in Clongriffin is near my brother, and is run by the same people who run T-town, and used to run Ashtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Have a Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake Stout and SKA Decadent Imperial IPA here to start on.

Really like this. Will be picking up a few more tomorrow for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Had two bottles of O Brothers Joe last night. Wasnt too impressed at first but I think it might have been served too cold as it warmed up it was delicious. Will definately be getting a few more of these.

Picked up a bottle of O'Hara's Barrel Aged Leann Follain in Dunnes. I note it's only 8.1%, was expecting a bit more. Hope it's not too thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was in Against the Grain last night for a bite to eat and a few beers. Had Diving Bell which was really nice, adding the salt was a nice touch. It was a bit rough around the edges compared to some of the other Heavy's I've had but I still really liked it. Then a Vic Secret, again really nice. Then Trouble's Dash Away, which I thought was a bit meh tbh, not a bad beer, just nothing special.

Food was lovely though, massive portions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

First time having a Rustbucket in months, forgot how good it was. Now i can easily say the best beer to come out from Ireland.

I also like the fact it's €5.70 a pint although that was beerhouse prices. We left after the keg had gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Blacks World's end earlier. Very tasty. Lovely chocolate and vanilla finish after to cool off an initial alcohol hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

siren_broken_dream.png

Siren Broken Dream

Siren do it again. Another sumptuous stout. Dark chocolate, slightly fruity, some coffee in there too, medium bodied. Lovely stuff. On draught in Against The Grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Picked up a bottle of the Whisky Aged Black Boar in Drinkstore. It had better be worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not impressed with Dungarvan's Gallow Hill. Not a great example of a Barleywine imo. Seems over fermented to me, very dry with little to no sweetness and not much hoppiness either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement