Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Picked up a bottle of the Whisky Aged Black Boar in Drinkstore. It had better be worth every penny.

How much was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BaZmO* wrote: »
    How much was it?

Think it was €20 in McHughs, which I balked at.

Got a great selection though, add about €25 to my €40 voucher. I'll stick up a pic of my haul later.

Also need to decide which craft beer my son is leaving out for Santy later (none of this pc "milk" bollox in my house :D). Last year was 8 Degrees RIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

CW_8I5mWYAA4h7o.jpg

The bottles in the back are doubled up.

Think that's a nice selection for slow drinking on Xmas day and beyond.

I think Santy will be getting The Fixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

O Brothers' Coffee Porter.

Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A large quantity of Leann Folainn, 4 for 9 in Dunnes, fantastic value.

Picked up a few bottles of the Sierra Nevada Celebration as well, Blacks Model T, some Sierra Nevada Torpedo and a few other bits n bobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

A large quantity of Leann Folainn, 4 for 9 in Dunnes, fantastic value.

Picked up a few bottles of the Sierra Nevada Celebration as well, Blacks Model T, some Sierra Nevada Torpedo and a few other bits n bobs.

Celebration in Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Celebration in Dunnes?

I got it in O'Briens. My post is a garbled mess..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's fantastic to see some of the great stuff on the shelves of Dunnes this week. Picked up 2 barrel aged Leann Folláin and some nice pale ales yesterday.

Last night: Lagunitas IPA, and O Brother Joe (from O'Briens). Took me far too long to figure out why they named a coffee porter "joe". :o

Tonight: Sierra Nevada pale ale so far. Might have one of the O'Hara's later, might have a Model T. Haven't decided yet.

Going to treat myself to a drop of Yellow Spot at some stage too. Happy Christmas, folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Having a diving bell from Galway Bay. Quiet nice and the mix of the salt and sweetness sets it up nicely. Just missing a bit of a kick or bite in the finish to make it really fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Sierra Nevada Celebration, bit disappointing with it to be honest. Not there best work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

tang1 wrote: »
    Sierra Nevada Celebration, bit disappointing with it to be honest. Not there best work.

Difference of opinion I suppose, having one now and loving it.

Yeah I had one earlier and I loved it. The general consensus this year seems to be it's a good vintage. :D

Yeah I had one earlier and I loved it. The general consensus this year seems to be it's a good vintage. :D

One of my favourite IPA's!

Saw someone on this thread call it "Christmas pudding in a glass" and all I could think was "wot?".

One of my favourite IPA's!

Saw someone on this thread call it "Christmas pudding in a glass" and all I could think was "wot?".

Yeah it's a hoppy red IPA.

Yeah it's a hoppy red IPA.

It's not really that red though, it's borderline amber maybe.

Whatever you want to call it, it's bleedin delish.

It's not really that red though, it's borderline amber maybe.

Whatever you want to call it, it's bleedin delish.

It's very red tbf. But yeah, either way it's a great beer.

Didn't like the space suit. Very unbalanced and too much of a lemony sourness.

Now having an uncle zester from siren. It's lovely, a nice mix of sweet and sour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Grayditch wrote: »
    O Brothers' Coffee Porter.

Delicious.

Agreed.

Currently sipping a Blacks of Kinsale Model T stout while watching a movie. Lovely drop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Langunitas Cappaccino Stout, much more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

A Dungarvan Coffee and Oatmeal stout to start. Not sure if I'd buy it again, as there's so many great stouts around, but there's a lovely smoothness from the oatmeal, and just the right amount of coffee.Not too overpowering, or too subtle.

Then a Clever Man Turf stout. Very decent stout, but the smokiness is just not strong enough for me. I was hoping for Schlenkerla levels of smoke.:pac:

Now to decide what to go for next...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Currently sipping a Blacks of Kinsale Model T stout while watching a movie. Lovely drop.

I had a litre bottle of that for Halloween, the 6.5% abv version. Great night. The barrel aged variations last year were great as well (don't think they were ever bottled though)

Also, +1 on the love for O Brother Joe. ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Reached into the back of my beer closet tonight to produce a bottle of Jameson Stout from the very first batch. Best before January 2014... It passed the first test, I didn't go blind.

Other than that, the whiskey taste is long gone, some oakness still left but still quite tasty. At least it hasn't turned to vinegar!

Also tried Black's World's End last night. Another winner from them. The chocolate aroma from it was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

siren Caribbean choc stout was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Was drinking white gypsy on draught a few nights back, lovely stuff, reminds me of killkennny ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Was drinking white gypsy on draught a few nights back, lovely stuff, reminds me of killkennny ale.

The weiss beer? That's one of my regulars when I head down to The Headline. Beautiful beer to drink. So sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had the Hail Glorious St Patrick Imperial Stout and a St Bernardus Xmas Ale last night. The stout was as good as always and the Xmas ale was lovely, malty,sweet,strong and a lovely kick of spice to it. Looking forward to a few more new ones later.

Westvleteren :)

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Westvleteren :)

Had one yesterday. Lots of sediment but still sublime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement