Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fuller's Vintage Ale (2011) is absolutely delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Boognish

kind of a beer noob and haven't had any of these before but i'm trying them out

rogue amber ale
    sierra nevada kellerweiss
    odells IPA
    founders all day IPA
    leann follain
    nogne o imperial IPA
    fullers honey dew

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not a bad start at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

just got given 2 bottles of Helvick Gold - it's a blonde/golden ale - any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

had kenmare red, and o hara red ale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

The Kenmare beers are pretty poor, anyone know anything about them?

Not much going on in the Irish beer scene, I miss NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

drumswan wrote: »
    The Kenmare beers are pretty poor, anyone know anything about them?

I believe they are contract brewed in Bru for C&R in Cork (obvious why it's called Kenmare, really)
    Not much going on in the Irish beer scene, I miss NZ.

12 months ago, I'd have agreed with you, now there are great Irish beers coming out.

Amber Ella, Of Foam an Fury, BPBP Gose, Blacks of Kinsale, Zeus BIPA, Devil's halfacre to name a few.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not much going on in the Irish beer scene
    I think if you're bored already with the beers from Mescan, Munster Brewing, Poker Tree and Jack Doyle's, you probably won't fare much better in New Zealand.

I find there's too much going on on the Irish beer scene to try and keep up with.

12 months ago, I'd have agreed with you, now there are great Irish beers coming out.

Amber Ella, Of Foam an Fury, BPBP Gose, Blacks of Kinsale, Zeus BIPA, Devil's halfacre to name a few.
    Great beers, but most of those came out last year...?

I see a couple of new Blacks beers (Ink, Black, Gold) listed on ratebeer, are these from the recent Beoir brewday or are they new fully commercial brews anyone know?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Great beers, but most of those came out last year...?

I see a couple of new Blacks beers (Ink, Black, Gold) listed on ratebeer, are these from the recent Beoir brewday or are they new fully commercial brews anyone know?

They're new ones, the Beoir brewday is a, yet to be named, DIPA full of American and Aussie hops.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    I think if you're bored already with the beers from Mescan, Munster Brewing, Poker Tree and Jack Doyle's, you probably won't fare much better in New Zealand.

I find there's too much going on on the Irish beer scene to try and keep up with.

Thanks for the heads up, are these commercially available anywhere in Dublin today? I see a 9 White Deer one listed on RB too.

Well thats all very exciting, I stand corrected. Dont see any of these listed on Drinkstores website, anyone know if they are in stock?

Thanks for the heads up, are these commercially available anywhere in Dublin today?
    Not that I'm aware of. But most of the Irish beer scene doesn't happen in Dublin.

I don't think 9 White Deer are live just yet. They should have beer at the Franciscan Well Easter Fest.

Ah. A major factor in enjoying beers is actually being able to buy them I find. Maybe I'll move to Cork.

That certainly seems to be where the action is. Cheaper to get to than NZ too.

Picked up the Mescan Blonde and Red Tripel in Redmonds tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Royal Hunt on cask in O'Neilla at the moment.

Good God, don't go into Drinkstore and mention all the new beers coming out in Ireland!
    There's quite a few coming out that are being contract brewed either in Ireland or in the UK. The lads didn't seem impressed by quite a few of them.

Heroditas wrote: »
    The lads didn't seem impressed by quite a few of them.
    They can take the Mescan Red Tripel off that list - its excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Icelandic Toasted Porter - Einstök Ölgerð
    It's a nice enough porter quiet smokey and malty. It's a bit light and also light carbonation which I think it needed a tiny but more of.

Way better Irish porters compared to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Last of my Tesco 4 for €9 job lot

Deuchards IPA, very average

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Colorado Red, Thornbridge-Odell collaboration. Really disappointed with this. Didn't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Had it on tap in ATG before, thought it was dreadful then. Not sure if it was old, but there was no carbonation or flavour coming through, not too pushed on buying a bottle of it since it is no doubt expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Glad I didn't get the Colorado Red in Brew Dock over the weekend then.

I went for a White Gypsy Trent Bitter on cask. A very mellow Burton-style bitter. Not full on flavour but I found it very satisfying after a day walking around Howth.

jsa112 wrote: »
    Had it on tap in ATG before, thought it was dreadful then. Not sure if it was old, but there was no carbonation or flavour coming through
    Funny you say that, I felt it tasted stale too.

jsa112 wrote: »
    ...not too pushed on buying a bottle of it since it is no doubt expensive...
    Always a downside of Thornbridge beers, especially if they're not great, which in fairness is not that often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Does the Foggy Dew do any crafy brews?

Does the Foggy Dew do any crafy brews?

A few O'Hara's beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A bottle of Full Sail, a bottle of Leann Folainn (and two cans of prazsky ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

leann folainn also and a red ale

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rogue Juniper Pale Ale is fecking gorgeous.

And Sierra Nevada Torpedo is a total babe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Both of them are Bohs, they sponsor the fans team, Id be surprised if Trouble is not available in the bars now.

Only went to The Long bar in Dalymount last night. They had 5 lamps Ale and a Red on tap. Didn't see any Trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement