Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

So many bottles of Duvel.......Christmas is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

hello

vHf3WFP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Christmas night is kinda like a nuclear arms race with widespread stockpile displaying and ABV threats climbing recklessly higher. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Time for the big guns alright...

Founders Dark Penance and Firestone Whookey Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Christmas night is kinda like a nuclear arms race with widespread stockpile displaying and ABV threats climbing recklessly higher. :)

Definitely.
    Currently having a Brooklyn local no 2 and will follow that with a founders kbs

Sure what else are beer stashes for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Timistry

Had a few bottles of GBB Buried at Sea Milk chocolate stout, GBB Stormy Bay Porter and Irish red Ale followed by 3 hot whiskeys with sugar, lemon and sugar. a delicious night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Drank a six pack of Black's Kinsale Pale Ale tonight....tasty stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Black's Model T after dinner, then a Sierra Nevada pale ale and a Founders Porter after midnight. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

First time having McGargles Big Bangin IPA. Its feicin lovely! 4 for €7 is absolutely incredible.

Ive paid over €4 a bottle for worse. Delighted I bought 12 now. It deserves a bargain alert thread!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Jaysis, the Siren Blue Sky Blue Sea Gose is a thing of beauty.

I also had a Freigeist Geisterzug Rhubarb Gose, again, absolutely amazing beer.

I'll be returning to Goses in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got a craving for Belgian beer. Found Trappistes Rochefort 8 in O'Brien's. Feeling like the baby from the Successful Kid meme. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    The weiss beer? That's one of my regulars when I head down to The Headline. Beautiful beer to drink. So sweet.

No, twas their cream ale.

Shall have to check out their weiss beer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Having my last geuzberry and will soon be opening my second last millennium
    Got fed up looking at them
    Geyzberry is still quite amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Canadian

Eating Blue Cheese, so having a few stouts to complement.

McHugh's Road Trip, and a Lublin to Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

What's the new Road Trip like? I saw it was a Stout and it piqued my interest!

It's decent, Chinook and Cascade aren't your run of the mill Stout hops though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It's decent, Chinook and Cascade aren't your run of the mill Stout hops though.

So almost black IPA territory or am I way off?

Ah no, the hops aren't at all in your face like an IPA, it's most definitely a stout

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I also had a Freigeist Geisterzug Rhubarb Gose, again, absolutely amazing beer.

I love those beers, the rhubard in particular.

• Advertisement

I love those beers, the rhubard in particular.

The rhubarb flavour is just perfect for the style, that tartness is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I thought roadtrip was the same IPA as crossroads from kinnegar?

matrim wrote: »
    I thought roadtrip was the same IPA as crossroads from kinnegar?

there's a Road Trip 2, a stout brewed by Independent.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As both a bourbon and a Scotch ale fan I reckoned that I'd like Backwoods Bastard a lot, but bloody hell it's fantastic and even better than I'd hoped for. There's an instant smell of whiskey before you taste it, and then a lovely sweet, malty, alcoholic hit when you drink it. It's 11.6%, so you wouldn't be drinking too many of them, but I'm wishing I had another for when I finish this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Tried a Seven Sisters treacle and oat stout, it was ok, no treacle or oat to speak of.
    Then today had the Belgian Stout from 8 Degrees. So disappointed, the yeast overpowered everything else for me, could have been a rich dark stout.
    Then had Autumn IPA from St Mels, smells amazing, like a bottle of jam! Tastes ok. Just wished it tasted like it smelled.
    Finished with Francis from McGargles, made up for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Zaph wrote: »
    As both a bourbon and a Scotch ale fan I reckoned that I'd like Backwoods Bastard a lot, but bloody hell it's fantastic and even better than I'd hoped for. There's an instant smell of whiskey before you taste it, and then a lovely sweet, malty, alcoholic hit when you drink it. It's 11.6%, so you wouldn't be drinking too many of them, but I'm wishing I had another for when I finish this one.

Love Backwoods Bastard. Haven't seen in my usual spots for ages. Did you pick it up in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Love Backwoods Bastard. Haven't seen in my usual spots for ages. Did you pick it up in Dublin?

I think I might have picked it up in Bradley's in Cork recently, but I'm not 100% certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

In laws meeting today. So Founders Centennial is on the menu. None of them will go near it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

In laws meeting today. So Founders Centennial is on the menu. None of them will go near it :)

I had some cans of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (stovepipe can) when I was up with the family on Christmas Day. None of them would touch it, they said the cans made it look cheap! :D Ha, little did they know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I had some cans of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (stovepipe can) when I was up with the family on Christmas Day. None of them would touch it, they said the cans made it look cheap! :D Ha, little did they know!

I bring cans of punk to parties and people ask me why aren't I drinking pacman.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement