Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I bring cans of punk to parties and people ask me why aren't I drinking pacman.gif

Yeah, those cans are great for festivals. It just looks like lemonade! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I got a present of a create of Bud, now usually I have a laugh at people who call the mass produced stuff piss water but I guess I actually forgot what it tastes like.
    Cracked open a can and one sip was enough, not nice is all I'll say.
    So I have 23 tins sitting here making me appreciate all the more the range of beer we have available to us, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

11214 wrote: »
    I got a present of a create of Bud, now usually I have a laugh at people who call the mass produced stuff piss water but I guess I actually forgot what it tastes like.
    So I have 23 tins sitting here making me appreciate all the more the range of beer we have available to us, thank god.

Bring them to a galway bay bar on NYE and have them replaced with a pint of decent beer, I presume the crap beer you give them is destroyed by fire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

When your friends are over would you not try pawn them off on them ?.

The sisters boyfriend got stuck with 20 bottles of miller and everyone who comes into the house he trys and gives a bottle of it to ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

When your friends are over would you not try pawn them off on them ?.

The sisters boyfriend got stuck with 20 bottles of miller and everyone who comes into the house he trys and gives a bottle of it to ha ha.

That's the plan, loads of "lovely" free beer for guests on nye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Just keep them for guests? I usually have a slab of Carlsberg or Guinness lying around for when the Da or some of my mates are over. Not out of cheapness, just that I know from experience that they've no time for 'craft' stuff so why bother wasting good beer on them.

Finishing off some Christmas leftovers here: Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout, Leann Follain Barrel Aged and Westmalle Tripel.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Decided to crack open a bottle of 8 Degrees Mór barley wine tonight. I am loving it. Must pick up another one somewhere before they're all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Wrasslers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Some delightful timothy taylor landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Had some crackers over the xmas. Highlights stout wise were Laguitas Cappuccino Stout and Founders Breakfast Stout.

2 really nice Black IPAs, Founders Dark Penance and Firestone Walker Wookey Jack.

Im down to 13 Guns and the normal Founders Porter now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Local newsagents/minimart has gone on a beer stockup mission clearly as both the floor (crates/slabs) and some shelves that normally have gift bags on them are full... the 'craft fridge' that is usually Erdinger and maybe some Guinness specials has some interesting stuff in it now.

One I've open now is a Williams Bros. Grozet, which is a gooseberry lager and probably the best of a fruited style I've had.

Blacks World's End, gorgeous, very light for a stout but full of flavour, wouldn't tell it's 8.5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Beavertown Gamma Ray American Pale Ale & Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Against my better judgment I'm giving Solas Red a second go. I'll report back in due course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Goddammit. Diving Bell is so bloody moreish.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Founders KBS, such a good beer, maybe better than goose island bourbon county...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

jsa112 wrote: »
    Founders KBS, such a good beer, maybe better than goose island bourbon county...

Picked one up too. Undecided whether to try aging it or have it soon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got to drink in a Porterhouse pub tonight for the first time! Porterhouse North is lovely.

Had a pint of the Oyster Stout. First time having that on draft too. Smooth.

Ordered a Brain Blasta after that and had to send it back. Bottom of the barrel. >_< Replaced it with a Hop Head, which was only gorgeous. Must pop in again next time I'm on this side of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Had a Winter Ale, as it was labelled on the tap, from Black's of Kinsale. Didn't even know it existed, but it was a very tasty beer. 8.5%, tasted like a much stronger, heavy duty KPA. No complaints from me anyway.

Had a Winter Ale, as it was labelled on the tap, from Black's of Kinsale. Didn't even know it existed, but it was a very tasty beer. 8.5%, tasted like a much stronger, heavy duty KPA. No complaints from me anyway.

Hi Viz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Hi Viz?

Could be, but I think they would have labelled it as such. I'll ask the next time I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The Porterhouse on Parliament St does a nice red ale. Very, very smooth.

Got a selection pack of craft beers as a small Christmas present from my brother. The Full Sail from Galway Bay is lovely. Also started drinking Kinnegar which the local off license has in stiock. Scraggy Bay and the Devil's Backbone goes down extremely well.

Westy 12 to kick off the nights proceedings

Yardsman lager is rather enjoyable, especially considering I don't usually like lager.

Last night I got to try their stout, which is also gorgeous. Also: Farmageddon double IPA, Hip Hop (brewed for Bittles) and Joker IPA (which tasted a lot like Hop House 13...)

The star of the show was Mum's The Word from Siren. A milk stout with cherries and chipotle. £6 for the bottle in the Hudson in Belfast, but well worth trying once!

After nearly 8 months in the fridge i opened up a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 i have been saving at 10% you really fell the kick of the beer at the 1st sip but after a few sips it is going down as a near perfect beer.

If i had 2 bottles of this i would be on the floor after it :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

After nearly 8 months in the fridge i opened up a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 i have been saving at 10% you really fell the kick of the beer at the 1st sip but after a few sips it is going down as a near perfect beer.

In future id advise leaving these type of beers at room temperature to mature if you are going to age them. Putting them in the fridge kind of negates leaving them!

Beersmith wrote: »
    In future id advise leaving these type of beers at room temperature to mature if you are going to age them. Putting them in the fridge kind of negates leaving them!

Wasn't planing on ageing it at all i just but it into the fridge after my weekly beer buy and just never got around to drinking it.

But in my apartment i have quite a few nice beers that i have been ageing that are in a press and not a fridge ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Sitting in watching master chef on iPlayer with the missus and 7 week old and having a Mor barleywine. Really hides its abv and ibu well, could maybe do with more bitterness for me though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

When the alcohol in two small glasses of wine is enough to knock you down it may be best to see a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

anybody ever have the Polish beer Lomza?! Unreal!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement