Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

gercoral wrote: »
    anybody ever have the Polish beer Lomza?! Unreal!!!!!

Only ever had the Lomza Honey Beer. One of the worst beers I've ever tasted. Avoid at all costs unless you really like honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

Zaph wrote: »
    Only ever had the Lomza Honey Beer. One of the worst beers I've ever tasted. Avoid at all costs unless you really like honey.

honey beer?!!? yeah can't imagine that's very nice :/ try the regular pasteurised lomza, tis lovely. though a good few mates prefer the non pasteurised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

BeerNut wrote: »
    When the alcohol in two small glasses of wine is enough to knock you down it may be best to see a doctor.

It was a joke ha ha .....

I done 12 pubs this year made it to the end and then on to a nightclub. I walked home, made a sandwich was up the next day at 9 in the gym doing liffting weights.

Still have no idea how I done it and made it to the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

It was a joke ha ha .....

I done 12 pubs this year made it to the end and then on to a nightclub. I walked home, made a sandwich was up the next day at 9 in the gym doing liffting weights.

Still have no idea how I done it and made it to the end

Wow! You sound like some kind of awesome beer munching machine that couldn't be harmed by conventional weaponry

Or someone who is protesting too much

I can't decide as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Not impressed with Dungarvan's Gallow Hill. Not a great example of a Barleywine imo. Seems over fermented to me, very dry with little to no sweetness and not much hoppiness either.

I've cracked one open this evening. There s dry there but the sweetness is there, just in an understated way and the dryness is hiding it to some extent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Ned1tp

I've a question: is it okay to drink cider and lager on a night out ? Like have a few ciders and then have a few beers or will I be sick? I had 2 ciders last week followed by 4 or 5 bottles of Heineken and was fine... But just want to know in general is it okay to switch between them while drinking??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You won't be sick if you drink any style of alcoholic drink in moderation. The alcohol is the same whether it's in cider, lager or spirits.

Different drinks do not have different alcohols in them (different amounts maybe, and the drunker you get the more prone to silly behaviour you may become, increasing the speed of alcohol intake by switching to higher alcohol drinks and drinking them faster, for example).

The alcohol in Lager has the same affect as the alcohol in Cider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Brewdog Lizard Bride, bit to sweet & sickly for me.

Was all settled in last night with a nice cheeseboard, and opened a bottle of Barrel Aged Leann Follain to go with it, but it gushed all over the place, I got about 250ml from the bottle into an actual glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Was all settled in last night with a nice cheeseboard, and opened a bottle of Barrel Aged Leann Follain to go with it, but it gushed all over the place, I got about 250ml from the bottle into an actual glass.

Ah feck that's a pity!!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It probably thought it was NYE Champagne :/

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Same thing happened to me around a month ago Baldy with that beer. Did it taste infected to you? Possibly should give them a shout about quality control...Nice waste of 12 euros :(

FWIW definitely worth waiting for someone else to first open these irish seasonals as have had a few gushers ruining the place now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I didn't have a gusher but it did take me about 5 minutes to get the cork out

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Is there any advantage to using that plastic 'cork' over a normal bottle top or is it just to look fancier. Mine didn't gush but as above it took me a few minutes to get it open.

It was a swing top, so I just popped it open.

And yeah, there was a distinct whack of homebrew off it, no whiskey on the nose at all, and to be honest, the flavour was totally devoid of any whiskey or oak too.

I got it as a present, so not a waste of 12 of my own euro.

I'll send them an email, see if they reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Big pity, that was surely a dud you got. Mine didn't gush and it tasted great. Worth dropping them a message for sure.

I had an 8 Degrees Polar Vortex IPA last night. I reeeeeally liked this one and it was only €2.30 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Been drinking Black's World's End the last couple of nights. Really like it. Could taste all the flavours on different parts of my tongue as I was sipping it. Great price as well for 8.5% beer.
    Had a Backwoods Bastard as well and only found it ok compared to the Black's. Was probably a bit too whiskeyed (if that's a word) for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Anyone drinking Hophouse 13??
    Not bad for a commercial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Not bad for a commercial diuretic .
    ;):D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I switched to it when on pints for the day. It's an improvement on the usual stuff you get in the pubs so I'm happy enough to drink it. Nothing special though, mind.

• Advertisement

I don't know was it the pub I was in, but I had two on a Stag when options were limited and it was disgusting.
    Very flat and nothing special.

It could have been the tap, but I'd doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

BlackFlag.png

Trouble Brewing Black Flag

Schwarzbier on draught in The Black Sheep. Medium bodied and nicely balanced flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Mescan Beoir Na Nollaig... triple red... full in flavour, one to savour (perhaps in a brandy glass!) by a cosy fire... picked up in Martins.
    mescan-beoirna-nollaig.jpg?w=171

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I switched to it when on pints for the day. It's an improvement on the usual stuff you get in the pubs so I'm happy enough to drink it. Nothing special though, mind.

Well it's gonna be either that or bud/Heineken in majority of pubs...

I'm only getting into craft stuff....blacks kpa being my current favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Sipping on a Stortebeker Stark-Bier, their dopplebock. Very nice stuff, malty and roasty.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Impromptu road trip to Galway at 9:30 sees me in the Salt House again. Trying to sample as many as possible so all halfs/glasses.

Started with my favourite, Goodbye Blue Monday. Just finishing Heathen now, and have a Diving Bell lined up for next.

Any recommended beers to finish off my night with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have had a few different ones tonight.

Had a bottle of Buried at sea 2nd time having this and i hate it as much as the 1st time i had it. Its just nasty in every way and it was the worst bottle of the night.

Had 2 bottles of White hag oatmeal Chocolate mile stout 2nd time having this and just as epic as the last time maybe my fav irish craft beer but really had to get had to go to 3 off lieances today to find it. And 2 of them are just selling craft beer and the 3rd one i ran down as i had no bottle opener and they had it .... Shocked.

Now drinking a bottle of Founders Pale Ale and its going down lovely reminds me of Metal mans pale ale been ages since i had a pint of that on draft hard to find in cork but must go up to fran well to get a pint soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

An File wrote: »
    Impromptu road trip to Galway at 9:30 sees me in the Salt House again. Trying to sample as many as possible so all halfs/glasses.

Started with my favourite, Goodbye Blue Monday. Just finishing Heathen now, and have a Diving Bell lined up for next.

Any recommended beers to finish off my night with?

Siren's Even More Jesus VIII. Had a bottle of it there a few weeks ago, serious stuff. Think the had a few bottles left, ask Steve - he'll sort you out!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Siren's Even More Jesus VIII. Had a bottle of it there a few weeks ago, serious stuff. Think the had a few bottles left, ask Steve - he'll sort you out!

We left just before I read this! Thanks anyway.

Lads. Diving Bell is something else. I got my girlfriend to order it for me so I had no idea what kind of a beer it was. Took a sip after the slightly sour and pleasantly low abv Heathen, expecting another sour beer like Maybe Next Monday or Space Suit, and got hit with caramel and alcohol. Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That Mescan red is gorgeous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement