Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when and where (in Galway) we'll be able to buy this year's 200 Fathoms? I've tweeted GBB but no reply.

According to their twitter feed it will be launched in the Gasworks bar at the end of this month.

Last year you could buy it in the Oslo and Salthouse and in McCambridges and O'Briens if I remember correctly.

In other GBB news Goodbye Blue Monday is not being brewed any more due to an increase in the price of one of the Hops used.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

jh79 wrote: »
    In other GBB news Goodbye Blue Monday is not being brewed any more due to an increase in the price of one of the Hops used.
    That's a crying shame, but on the other hand it's better that than trundling on with a compromised recipe. Let's just remember the good times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ah balls, I really like that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

This is a real pity. I had a pint of this on Saturday and realised that it had become my go-to pint for GBB pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,766 ✭✭✭✭L1011

In PMacs drinking veeeerrrry slooowllly (and occupying an entire table with my bags and laptop) as I'm waiting for someone who could be the guts of another hour.

Had a Metalman, then they ran out. Ordered a Blacks but it was out too. Barman returned with samples of every IPA that was pouring when telling me that news - nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Is there a list of imported beers for upcoming altech craft fest?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Went to Wigwam last night. The place that replaced Twisted Pepper. They have an excellent bottle selection with some unreal finds. Got Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze and Wookie Jack for a not outrageous price. The food's not bad either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Balls anyway, going to miss this stuff. Don't suppose it was ever bottled and I could buy a load of it?

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Don't suppose it was ever bottled
    It wasn't.
    Uncle_moe wrote: »
    and I could buy a load of it?
    Growlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

According to their twitter feed it will be launched in the Gasworks bar at the end of this month.

Last year you could buy it in the Oslo and Salthouse and in McCambridges and O'Briens if I remember correctly.

Where did you hear that about Goodbye Blue Monday? That's terrible news :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that about Goodbye Blue Monday? That's terrible news :(

Barman in the Salthouse.

Barman in the Salthouse.
    Confirmed by the brewery on Twitter there.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Goodbye Goodbye Blue Monday.

Though with a name like that we should have known you weren't going to be around forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rufuseric82

Only just had my first Goodbye Blue Monday on Saturday in Brewdock. Thought it was lovely. Would definitely gooten it again.

Also had a Space Suit and a Kompass which were both excellent.

Godspeed was a little too sour for my taste but interesting nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Having a pint of Roundstone Irish Ale in Neary's of Chatham St. Not a massive amount of flavour coming through. Not offensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Super valu in Ashtown had a load of Bo Bristle Amber and IPA reduced to 1 euro a bottle (500ml). Not even sure it's short dated, just looks like the BB date has worn off the neck
    Tastes perfect. Emptied the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Was in the local Tesco so picked up a few Leann Follain, bizarrely they have moved all the pale ale to the shelves and all the stout to the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Was in the local Tesco so picked up a few Leann Follain, bizarrely they have moved all the pale ale to the shelves and all the stout to the fridge.

We run the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

BeerNut wrote: »
    Confirmed by the brewery on Twitter there.

What were the hops that they can't secure for future brews?

I think it might be Citra, but don't quote me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Had a few bottles of Grafters IPA last night, a Rye River brew that I saw in Dunnes. Disgracefully poor stuff, not worth trying again.

That's not good news on the Citra hops; they are a favourite in numerous IPA's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Had a few bottles of Grafters IPA last night, a Rye River brew that I saw in Dunnes. Disgracefully poor stuff, not worth trying again.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. I think it's a fantastic beer and great value for money.

Right up there with the best Irish IPA's in my opinion.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. I think it's a fantastic beer and great value for money.

Certainly when placed next to a lot of breweries' mainstream "accessible" pale ales it's leagues ahead, and cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

For what it's worth, I regard it as a bland-but-moderately-ok beer. My father frequently buys it, which is neither praise nor a damning indictment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up 3 bottle today 16.50 for the 3 of them nearly died ha ha.

1 Is a Cocca Wonderland

Then 2 bottles of the wild Beer MILLIONAIRE.

No idea what there like has anyone tryed them ?.

1 Is a Cocca Wonderland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Ravelleman wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I regard it as a bland-but-moderately-ok beer. My father frequently buys it, which is neither praise nor a damning indictment.

When is the last time you tried it?

I had it back in the summer and thought it was pretty mediocre, tried it again recently and really liked it, I asked the brewery if there was a change of recipe and they confirmed the hop profile is very different.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

1 Is a Cocca Wonderland

Where did you get the Cocoa Wonderland? I had it on draught recently and it's absolutely amazing.

Zaph wrote: »
    Where did you get the Cocoa Wonderland? I had it on draught recently and it's absolutely amazing.

Bradley's in cork they had about 5 or 6 bottles in the fridge. I think 5 euros for the bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bradley's in cork they had about 5 or 6 bottles in the fridge. I think 5 euros for the bottle.

Might have to look for a favour from my in-laws :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement