Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Osheas IPA from aldI. ..its really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Missus actually bought some beer this week. Lidl have some quite passable French Strong Pale Ale as part of their French Fare promo. 750ml at 7% for €2.99.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/6417.htm?action=showDetail&id=36250

Will try and pick up a few more bottles tomorrow.

She got a good stock of the Cidre off them as well.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/6417.htm?action=showDetail&id=36252

Ah shes a keeper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Blindfold Black IPA from Sierra Nevada.

Got a coffee taste and hint of nuts from this plus the usual SN hops. Thought it was very nice but its also hides the 6.8% very well and very easy to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Had Wired IPA from Trouble Brewing last night. Not normally a big fan of Trouble Brewing but this is pretty nice IPA coming in at 5.9%. Will get a few more. Think it's limited edition.

Also the biggest news of the weekend imo is that 8 degrees have rereleased their Double Irish brew. (About ****ing time)

I grabbed 4 of them and will get a few more.
    It is a fantastic double IPA rivalling of foam and fury etc..

Hopefully it's not limited this time but I wouldn't hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

ciaran76 wrote: »

Got a coffee taste and hint of nuts from this plus the usual SN hops. Thought it was very nice but its also hides the 6.8% very well and very easy to drink.

One of my favourites. A solid performer every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René, my first foray into sours/Lambics...

Sour but not overly so & dry, I think I'll get to like this style.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

My local got a GBB tap yesterday. Had some lovely pints of Stormy Port

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A very enjoyable pint of Ghost Ship on cask in The Three Tun. It is in fine order. I forsee many more in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

A very enjoyable pint of Ghost Ship on cask in The Three Tun. It is in fine order. I forsee many more in the near future

It's always reliable, and great value. I got a spitfire 2 weeks ago out in blanch and had to send it back, it had turned south. Ghostship instead, lovely beer. Always on form.

slayerking wrote: »
    It's always reliable, and great value. I got a spitfire 2 weeks ago out in blanch and had to send it back, it had turned south. Ghostship instead, lovely beer. Always on form.

Funnily enough I had a spitfire first and it was in average form. Not undrinkable but only bothered with half of it .

• Advertisement

Funnily enough I had a spitfire first and it was in average form. Not undrinkable but only bothered with half of it .
    I've had bottles of spitfire before, it's a bland enough beer but was curious how it was on cask.
    When I tried it in blanch, it had started to turn almost lambic. Barman turned the pump label around soon after I returned the pint. I was a little surprised, I thought they had a good turnover on the cask. This one tasted like it was there ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Osheas IPA from aldI. ..its really nice.

Be careful when getting Aldi beer. The bottles are just lashed out and you may find that some of the IPA's you bring home are the dry hopped IPA's, which they stock as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Zaph wrote: »
    Having my first beer in a month due to medication I've been on. Decided that I might as well go the whole hog and make it worthwhile, so getting back into the swing of things with a Siren Quadrophenia. I think I've only ever had one quad before, a long time ago, so I've nothing really to compare it to. But I will say that it's sweet, sticky, heavy with a slightly fruity finish that doesn't feel the need to hide its 9.3% too much and I love it! Even better, I have a second bottle lurking around the house somewhere. :)

Love it too. Really should have bought more of it when it was around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

ciaran76 wrote: »

Have two for later! Never tasted it before. Looking forward to it.

Had a couple of Full Sails in the Darkhorse before arming myself with a few bottles of Boon Oude Geuze from the off license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Drinking a bottle of Wild Beer Millionaire before heading out its nasty like real nasty what a waste of 5 euros from the off lieance ha ha. To make it worse i have another bottle still to go :(. The warm IPA i have in my press are looking good right now ha ha

But the cocca wonderland was epic before this sorry i didnt get a 2nd bottle of that now :/

Fair play the Galway Bay for brewing all the top notch low abv beers. Via Maris, Heathen and now 303 all on draft in the Black Sheep. All ~3-3.5% and lovely. I hope it continues.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Of Foam And Fury - bottle - underwhelming
    Thornbridge Cocao Wonderland - bottle - took a while, but lovely
    Beamish x 3 - Yup. Yup. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Odell IPA. Was lucky enough to get to do the brewery tour a couple of years ago across the pond. As good as I remember.

In the middle of O'Haras Notorious Red IPA. Lovely deep red colour but not to my taste personally. Malt is fine but the roast element is bordering on ashy for me.

Will move on to a Dungarvan Oatmeal Coffee stout next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

This evening:

Northern Monk Eternal Session IPA - a solid IPA, nice and light with plenty of citrus and fruit;
    Lagunitas Brown Shugga - not bad, complex, very malty, just a touch sweet for my liking; and
    Founder's KBS - fooking outstanding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Founder's KBS - fooking outstanding!

Picked up a bottle from Drink Store last week when they didn't have any Two Hundred Fathoms for me.... well they had one, but it was for the guy behind the counter. Cheeky fecker took it out and waved it in front of me like a carrot on a stick!

Have a fantastic bottle of Of Foam and Fury from GBB tonight and now enjoying a bottle of 8 deg Knock Mealdown Irish Stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Picked up a bottle from Drink Store last week when they didn't have any Two Hundred Fathoms for me.... well they had one, but it was for the guy behind the counter. Cheeky fecker took it out and waved it in front of me like a carrot on a stick!

Have a fantastic bottle of Of Foam and Fury from GBB tonight and now enjoying a bottle of 8 deg Knock Mealdown Irish Stout.

He did the same thing to me the other day with a bottle of dogfish head he told me he can sell it to me for 100€

A feew weeks later i returned from manilia where they have crazzy bottle selection- manadged , to get 3 different doghished bottles for around 10€ each, i did show manila photos to this cheeky dude in drinks store, and he almost crapp in his pants lol
    Now just in feew weeks time, brewdog bar open its door in Poland will visit warsaw and then i visit him shortly after with a ton of photos more crapp in his pants lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Be careful when getting Aldi beer. The bottles are just lashed out and you may find that some of the IPA's you bring home are the dry hopped IPA's, which they stock as well :)

They are brewed and bottled by O'Haras so I'd imagine they are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Drinkstore also have a bottle of Pliney back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Bottle of Foam and Fury - excellent.
    Tried a prototype beer from Brewdog called Elvis juice, like a hped up version of punk, excellent beer so hpefully it will become a mainstay.
    Tried a pint of the white IPA from Rascals in The Taphouse, good effort at a belgian IPA. Not as good as Alien Claw but I love that beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,236 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Have a few of bottles in the fridge that I'm tempted to crack into tonight.

Wood Key The Ravens
    Lagunitas Brown Shugga
    Wicklow Wolf - A Beer Called Rwanda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Had a Kinnegar Rustbucket rye ale. Absolutely delicious, I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Sleepy wrote: »

Wood Key The Ravens
    Lagunitas Brown Shugga
    I thought the ravens was lovely

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm generally not a huge fan of wheat beers, but I'll make an exception for some of them like dunkelweizens. However the Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus I'm drinking at the moment has to be the best of them all. It's an amazingly good beer. I didn't enjoy the last weizenbock I had (Ayinger), but there's no comparison between that and this. It's malty and yeasty and bready and now sadly all gone, but I will definitely be stocking up on more soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,236 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sleepy wrote: »

Wood Key The Ravens
    Lagunitas Brown Shugga
    A very successful haul, had them in that order and they just got better as we went.
    The Ravens is a lovely session rye now that they've reduced the alcohol content, really nice stuff.
    The Brown Shugga is unlike anything I've tried before and A Beer Called Rwanda is just amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement