Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Waiting to see bone tomahawk at the ifi, had a peep in the door of the porterhouse. They have lagunitas fusion 31 on draft.

Mango double IPA goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Having a Firestone Union Jack IPA now, it's really, really good. Passed over it umpteen times before and finally got a can at the weekend, I'm extremely impressed.

Also got my hands on a bottle of Black Boar Barrel Aged. Can't wait to crack it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    How was the Double Irish?

I'm a fan of most of 8 degree's beers and I liked this one but I could taste every bit of the 9%. If I'm going for a big beer again I think I'll stick to Of Foam and Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

last night had a bit of an impromptu session. Had the Albino squid assassin by brew dog which I quite liked. Thornbridge Cocoa wonderland, the bourbon aged eldon, Saint Petersburg imperial stout, White hag coffee oatmeal stout, brew dog arctic nation.

head killing me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

A bottle of founders kbs

Perfection as always

How perfect would life be if this was your average beer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A bottle of founders kbs

Perfection as always

How perfect would life be if this was your average beer?
    Perfect but I wouldn't get much done. Hiccup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Anyone care to recommend a nice beer for the football this evening?

I'm thinking a nice red ale will hit the spot but want to try something different to the usual O'Haras Red Ale I usually go for.

I've also tried Kenmare and Bru red ales so something differerent to those 3 if possible.

A smooth and creamy Red like Porterhouse Red would do that job nicely..

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

I'm thinking a nice red ale will hit the spot but want to try something different to the usual O'Haras Red Ale I usually go for.

Pilgrim Red Ale by Wood Key....
    lovely beer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Pilgrim Red Ale by Wood Key....
    lovely beer

Where can that be got?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Where can that be got?

Molloys all carry it, or its spiritual home McHughs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If you're trying the Pilgrim, grab a bottle of The Ravens too. It's their Rye Ale, gorgeous and a little less heavy for a mid-week drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

I'm a fan of most of 8 degree's beers and I liked this one but I could taste every bit of the 9%. If I'm going for a big beer again I think I'll stick to Of Foam and Fury

The last time I saw double irish in the shops was quite a while ago. Unless there is a new batch coming up that you bought from, your bottle was old. This means the hops have faded and sweetness/alcohol is prominent. That said, double irish was never my favourite 8 degrees beer

Love it that the buxton beers now have bottled on dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

snowblind wrote: »
    The last time I saw double irish in the shops was quite a while ago. Unless there is a new batch coming up that you bought from, your bottle was old. This means the hops have faded and sweetness/alcohol is prominent. That said, double irish was never my favourite 8 degrees beer

Love it that the buxton beers now have bottled on dates!

There's a new batch out, I had one after a Francis last night and it's not as good imo

There's a new batch out, I had one after a Francis last night and it's not as good imo
    Non imperial IPAs are their strength, never was too impressed with any others by them. However that one thing they do well, they do very well indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Wasn't a huge fan of it myself, was hoping it would be as good as the millenium beer they released a while back, sadly not imo.

Founders Backwoods Bastard
    At the right temperature this is one of the best beers easily, probably the only one of the style (whiskey barrel aged scotch ale) I like. Also does not matter if the bottle is fresh or not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Currently in Hungary and enjoying this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Having a Crossroads at the moment. It's after developing a mad creamy marshmallow type head. It never did that before.
    Tastes fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

snowblind wrote:
    Founders Backwoods Bastard At the right temperature this is one of the best beers easily, probably the only one of the style (whiskey barrel aged scotch ale) I like. Also does not matter if the bottle is fresh or not

Having just had their imperial stout I have to disagree!

Although the two are in my top 5 beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Had a bottle of Kinnegars new special foreign export stout Flying Saucer the other day. Absolutely savage beer, ticks every box I look for in that kind of stout. Even more impressive was the fact it was brewed by the first round of participants to their brewing academy (says so on the bottle). Great advertisement for the academy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

snowblind wrote: »
    The last time I saw double irish in the shops was quite a while ago.

Is this not the new release by 8degrees? Did they have something by that name previously?
    Spotted it last night in offie, but didn't feel inclined to spend €4 on it

http://www.eightdegrees.ie/tag/limited-edition/

Is this not the new release by 8degrees? Did they have something by that name previously?
    Spotted it last night in offie, but didn't feel inclined to spend €4 on it

http://www.eightdegrees.ie/tag/limited-edition/

It's been out before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I won't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

matrim wrote: »
    Any calypso?

Just been in Molloys in Clonsilla. They had a good few bottles of calypso there if it's handy for you.

They must be short dated!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No idea, I didn't look at the dates on them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sleepy wrote: »
    If you're trying the Pilgrim, grab a bottle of The Ravens too. It's their Rye Ale, gorgeous and a little less heavy for a mid-week drink!

Took your advice on this (even though it wasn't directed at me!) and picked up a bottle this evening. Very nice indeed.

I've a bottle of their Merry Pilgrim put away for the weekend as well, seeing as I enjoyed the regular Pilgrim last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement