Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

An File wrote:
    Took your advice on this (even though it wasn't directed at me!) and picked up a bottle this evening. Very nice indeed.

Also took your advice and have to say it's a very nice ale.

I had a bit of a mixed bag last night trying different types. I had for the first time:

Porterhouse red ale
    Sunburnt red ale
    The Pilgrim red ale
    The Raven Rye ale
    Founders all day IPA
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

I think Founders all day IPA was the pick of the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Had a bottle of Kinnegars new special foreign export stout Flying Saucer the other day. Absolutely savage beer, ticks every box I look for in that kind of stout. Even more impressive was the fact it was brewed by the first round of participants to their brewing academy (says so on the bottle). Great advertisement for the academy!

Was drinking it last night too. Absolutely fantastic beer. Didn't read the bottle but that's great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Had a bottle of Kinnegars new special foreign export stout Flying Saucer the other day. Absolutely savage beer, ticks every box I look for in that kind of stout. Even more impressive was the fact it was brewed by the first round of participants to their brewing academy (says so on the bottle). Great advertisement for the academy!

That's one of the nicest stouts I've had recently - a bit like the O'Hara's Leann Follain but maybe nicer. Great brew!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That's one of the nicest stouts I've had recently - a bit like the O'Hara's Leann Follain but maybe nicer. Great brew!

I passed over it in the offie the last two weeks as I wasn't at all impressed by Yannaroddy, will have to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I passed over it in the offie the last two weeks as I wasn't at all impressed by Yannaroddy, will have to give it a go.

I was the same, but having read the comments here about it I picked up a couple of bottles yesterday. Haven't tried it yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

Just cracked open a bottle of Proper Job, quite nice but not as good as I remember.
    Had Full Sail on cask earlier, really great, different animal on cask

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

On recommendations from here, a wood Quay raven. Nice, but not as enjoyable as my favourite Rye, kinnegar's rustbucket.

Then a trouble wired ipa. Lovely stuff.

I don't get to sample much of troubles stuff other than the range available in dunnes, so sometimes I don't get to enjoy the beers lauded around these parts, but based on this offering I now understand the hype about them

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

G rock wrote: »
    I don't get to sample much of troubles stuff other than the range available in dunnes, so sometimes I don't get to enjoy the beers lauded around these parts, but based on this offering I now understand the hype about them

Trouble Brewing were probably the most important brewery for getting me into craft beers, around the same time as O'Hara's. There was a time when I'd happily have drank Dark Arts all night, and my first ever pale ale was when a waitress brought me a bottle of Sabotage by mistake. Good times.

I'd buy more from Galway Bay, Brehon, and Kinnegar these days, but should try to pick up some of my old favourites again sometime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

An File wrote: »
    Trouble Brewing were probably the most important brewery for getting me into craft beers, around the same time as O'Hara's. There was a time when I'd happily have drank Dark Arts all night, and my first ever pale ale was when a waitress brought me a bottle of Sabotage by mistake. Good times.

I'd buy more from Galway Bay, Brehon, and Kinnegar these days, but should try to pick up some of my old favourites again sometime soon.

I'm pretty much the same, I love Dark Arts still.

Supping on a Founder's Breakfast Stout at the minute. Perfect for a cold night like with this, with the turf a blaze on the fire in front of me. A proper stout:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Zaph wrote: »
    I was the same, but having read the comments here about it I picked up a couple of bottles yesterday. Haven't tried it yet though.

Had one in since Wednesday, will have to give it a stab tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Drinking modern times beers over here in Barcelona. Fortunate islands and blazing world standing out. Coranado stupid stout also a highlight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Belly full of Blood Brothers in Beer Traders last night, it really is a lovely beer hopefully they do another batch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Belly full of Blood Brothers in Beer Traders last night, it really is a lovely beer hopefully they do another batch

really liked that stuff.

4 Francis for this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Pint of Full Irish down the beerhouse. Also have LeAnn Follain on tap.

And 60 knots from Galway Hooker. Not the stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Was in Wicklow this afternoon and had WB-40 from the Wicklow brewing company, really nice Beer first I've tried of their stuff.

Half way through a Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake. It's my first time having it and I'm blown away by it. A fantastic stout!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Half way through a Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake. It's my first time having it and I'm blown away by it. A fantastic stout!

Had that last week and was initially disappointed after hearing great things about it. Turns out it was just a bit too cold and once it warmed up I understood what people were raving about.

Zaph wrote: »
    Had that last week and was initially disappointed after hearing great things about it. Turns out it was just a bit too cold and once it warmed up I understood what people were raving about.

It's a completely different animal at room temperature.

• Advertisement

Flying Saucer by Kinnegar, cracking stout.

Weltenburger Bock, a classic bock, thoroughly enjoyable.

O'Haras Notorious Red IPA, not loving it so far, not very well balanced, strong bitter brussel sprout thing going on.

Flying Saucer by Kinnegar, cracking stout.

Weltenburger Bock, a classic bock, thoroughly enjoyable.

O'Haras Notorious Red IPA, not loving it so far, not very well balanced, strong bitter brussel sprout thing going on.

The O'Haras improved with time, not great though.

The Pale Ale is one of the nicest ones I've ever had. Hopefully they will start to appear over here soon

2hcfb0x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

What are the Lidl Pale Ale (4.5%) and IPA (6%) like?

Rasta, how was the Gose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Speak Now wrote: »
    What are the Lidl Pale Ale (4.5%) and IPA (6%) like?

You talking about the mcgargles muck?

Rasta, how was the Gose?

Drinkable! It was gone pretty quickly, very subtle with everything. I had a Calypso on draft before jumping for the train and preferred the sourness of that.

Siren/Surly Blue Sky is a must try btw and available in the usual places. Even Molloy's might have it.

yeah I have had the Blue Sky it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Fuller's IPA.
    I like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've had a bottle of Diving Bell calling me from the shelf for the last few weeks. I may have to take the plunge and sink into it tonight...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement