Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Yeah, the porter there is immense. :cool:

Must get in there and check it out some night.

Is the tour worth doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Drinking a 2011 Struisse Pannepot, last of my Brussels stash. Oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Dolden Sud IPA.

Finally, a German IPA! Nothing life-changing, but a much-needed dose of hops. 6.5% and very pleasant drinking. Much cheaper than any IPA at home as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Dolden Sud IPA.

Finally, a German IPA! Nothing life-changing, but a much-needed dose of hops. 6.5% and very pleasant drinking. Much cheaper than any IPA at home as well.

You can get Crew as well. http://www.crewale.de/ipa

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irish_goat wrote: »
    You can get Crew as well. http://www.crewale.de/ipa
    And Camba Bavaria, and Hopfenstopfer, and Propeller and loads more German IPAs. It's just finding them in your local getränkemarkt that's the tricky bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I had a Viven Imperial IPA Brouwerij van Viven. was lovely but definitely a sipper. Found it odd but I was getting taste of hazelnuts off it (not that that's a bad thing :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Rampage; an Imperial IPA from a local brewer in the San Francisco Bay area. I really enjoyed it, malty and a nice hop kick. I hadn't a strong beer in a while and could feel the impending hangover after a few sips.
    I also had a Flying Dog IPA, meh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And now the opposite ^

I had a bottle of Spatten tonight, straight out of the fridge. I'm after 12 months experimenting with various Imperial stouts, Belgian tripels and Double IPAs. This stuff goes down so easy it's dangerous. Lovely and refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I love Buried At Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Must get in there and check it out some night.

Is the tour worth doing?

If you've do e one, you done them all, I find.

But defo get in for some of their beers!!!!

• Advertisement

Quick question, I've still some Fran Well Jameson stout, best before is the first of May

Guessing it'd still be ok to drink after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

can't give food safety advice around here, for good reason.

Guessing it'd still be ok to drink after?
    A dark strong beer like that is likely to be better with age, as long as the seal holds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Sierra Nevada Stout and Anchor's California Lager, both really good beers that I'll definitely check out again.
    I also had a nice Oatmeal Stout from the California brewery Lost Coast called 8 Ball, another lovely stout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Had a Harrington's Big John Special Reserve for the second time last night. Bourbon infused oak barrel aged 6.5 abv. Its an amazing beer. Lovely smokey, charred undertones to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Went to The Attic bar in Swords which is the new craft beer pub in Swords.
    It's above The Pound bar.

Has great potential good few beers in tap too plus the usual beers so caters for most people. Pints of Punk were €5.50 and beer of the week is €4 (Leffe)

Had a few Punks an managed to convert 1 Guinness drinker to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Went to The Attic bar in Swords which is the new craft beer pub in Swords.
    It's above The Pound bar.

Has great potential good few beers in tap too plus the usual beers so caters for most people. Pints of Punk were €5.50 and beer of the week is €4 (Leffe)

Had a few Punks an managed to convert 1 Guinness drinker to that.

Thats a very good price for the Punk.

Thats a very good price for the Punk.

Don't think I've ever seen it less than 6.30 tbh, and that was pre the tax increase in the last budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I thought the price may have been wrong originally but my mate got his it was the same price too.

strobe wrote: »
    Had a Harrington's Big John Special Reserve for the second time last night. Bourbon infused oak barrel aged 6.5 abv. Its an amazing beer. Lovely smokey, charred undertones to it.

You pick that up here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

drumswan wrote: »
    You pick that up here?

Yep, was either in Deveney's in Dundrum or Redmond's in Ranelagh, can't remember which, had me a luas green line beer run. Both great offo's, if a little pricey.

Must be Deveneys, none in Redmonds. Must go over to see if they have any other beers Ive missed.

Drinking a Coopers Sparkling Ale, its simple and delicious.

Going to a "Football Club" this evening for a charity thing, best I can hope for is maybe large bottles of Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Going to a "Football Club" this evening for a charity thing, best I can hope for is maybe large bottles of Guinness

I bet you don't even get those.
    I've contemplated sticking to the water on evenings like that. :(

well it was Macardles or Beamish, went Beamish, good night tho, the only surviving Dubliner played some tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

150 lashes pale ale last night from Australia. A fairly harmless session beer. Not that much of anything going on, just a mild taste of hops. I won't be buying it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast Stout & Green Gold IPA this afternoon, both lovely beers, been meaning to try these for a long time

Clearsky Fulcrum is very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

why does it seem to be the case that when ever large brewers try to get in on the "craft" market, they almost always fail miserably?

Last night I had Green King's Double Hop Monster.
    Awful thin, nasty bitter stuff. Almost more like a superlager than a double IPA.

• Advertisement

why does it seem to be the case that when ever large brewers try to get in on the "craft" market, they almost always fail miserably?
    Making beer according to accounting specs, market segment data and focus groups vs. making beer according to which combinations of ingredients taste best, I suspect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement