Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

oblivious wrote: »
    Ah, loved the smoke in last year's one

Yea, I'm missing the smoke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Peter Pale & Mary is decent, a "Folk" Gluten Free pale ale from Mikkeller.

Man, this a bloody lovely 4.6% pale ale, with some very juicy exotic fruit hops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Brewdog's Albino Squid Assassin, red rye IPA. Very nice. Good malt backbone with citrus and floral notes with some nice bitterness.

Just starting into a Flying Saucer. Not bad. Roasty, a little creamy but somewhat dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Having a can of Ironmonger from metalman. I'm not a big fan. It has a big malty hit but I'm not a fan of the hop profile. Starts out a bit bubble-gummy and ends up grassy and it just doesn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Had a can of Gneas DPA from Dingle last night and really liked it alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Last night I drank Delirium Tremens, Chimay Rouge and 2 bottles of La Chouffe. I'm not fanatic about Belgian beer or anything, it's just the type of beer available here in France. Decent beers, no doubt about it. But I do miss my IPAs :( Can't wait to come home and drink some Scraggy Bay!

Also while I can appreciate how strong Belgian beers are, sometimes it can be a little much... 2 33cl bottles down and you're already starting to feel like a drunken eejit! Was meant to relax with a drink or two and do some work, needless to say I ended up getting nothing done :D

Supping an Alice Porter before heading out.

I'm going to a 40th and I fear it'll be macro and fraft.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Picked up a great range of stuff in martins, including 2 x 200 fathoms. Very excited to try it. Going to keep one to age for a bit.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Picked up a great range of stuff in martins, including 2 x 200 fathoms. Very excited to try it. Going to keep one to age for a bit.

Yep, got 2 for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Francis' Big Bangin' IPA, the best bang for buck Irish beer currently on the market imo @ €2 a pop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yep, got 2 for the same reason.

Makes 3 of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

An File wrote: »
    Makes 3 of us!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Bought 6 to try at different stages ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

matrim wrote: »
    +1

+1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll have to buy a third one sometime. Possibly in Galway itself. There's only one shop in Limerick that got any this year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

I'll have to buy a third one sometime. Possibly in Galway itself. There's only one shop in Limerick that got any this year. :(

You're getting a GBB bar this year so maybe next year! ;)

I can try and pick one up in Dublin and send it down if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

I might of got the last ones in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I was in obriens beacon today on a rare trip to the city, and they had lots left. And it's part of their six for five deal, 8.49 I think?

I didn't get any.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Just got round to trying out Wired by Trouble Brewing there. Excellent beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

750ml Cobra King at 5.99 is quite delicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a Spital Regensburger IPA last night, excellent stuff. Poured quite dark, 8%, nice balance of hops with a sweeter fruity type finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I must confess to NEVER buying or tasting 200 Fathoms... ^_^

Today will be mostly spent enjoying Founders Centennial and Founders Porter in varying quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

10rgew.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

limnam wrote: »
    10rgew.jpg

:D now that made me laugh, I have always missed it for some reason, I remember being in the Blackrock Cellar last year and seeing it and putting it in my basket and then arriving home without it..

It is just not meant to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Little of topic

I am about to do beer trade with this dude in Sweden.

Does anyone know of the regulation, law or diffrent ways of shipping liquides from Dublin?

What are my options in regard to 3 bottles of beer shipped outside Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Having the no Joe porter. As much as i loved the one with the coffee, this is fantastic. Lovely body and great mouthfeel. Great balance of alcohol too, one of my favourite stouts I've had in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've had it once. Wasn't that gone on it. Just another big brashy stout to me.

Don't really understand why people get so excited about it but I guess that's what's interesting about beer.... and people!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Tird the new metalman IPA last night. It's not for me, very heavy on the early bittering addition but not enough sweetness to balance it. Also had a weird vegetal after taste. Tastes like a dodgy clone of Laurelwood workhorse IPA.

Also had the new siren pompelchello or something like that. A nice IPA to try, it's very very different. It has seriously strong grapefruit flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Picked up a couple bottles of 200 Fathoms earlier today and having one now. It's a poor imitation of last years offering, (which I loved), or the year before (which I also loved). Body feels very thin for an Imperial Stout and the alcohol is very upfront and very harsh. Not much in the way of malty richness or complexity either.

Hopefully it'll get better with age. I'm just glad I didn't stock up with loads.

• Advertisement

Was in the new Carrig Brewing bar, on Clarendon St, last night.

The bar itself is pretty nice, no hipster mismatching chairs, no twee wall decorations, just a really nice modern bar. Felt a bit small though. Staff were very friendly too.

I had a couple of the house beers - the Coalface Black IPA is quite a decent stout, IPA it's not. The Grand Soft Day IPA is also a bit lacking in the hop department. All of the beers in the upstairs bar are served freezing cold for some bizarre reason.

I like the place though, and I think it could fill a niche that's been vacant since Farrington's sold out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement