Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Finally got my hands on Elvis Juice. That smell when you open the can!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Head over to Belgium then :eek:

I was in that airport in July last year, funny man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Good for you, I'm looking into booking flights for about July time too, should be cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Finally got my hands on Elvis Juice. That smell when you open the can!!

Had this in ATG yesterday, it's like the soft drink lilt, but in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I thought it was too fruity, not enough balance between a fruit juice and beer. The magic rock one has nailed it perfectly. Their beers need to start appearing over here soon.

I see Mchugh's tweeted they have the Eight Degrees 5th anniversary beer in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

RasTa wrote: »
    I thought it was too fruity, not enough balance between a fruit juice and beer. The magic rock one has nailed it perfectly. Their beers need to start appearing over here soon.

I see Mchugh's tweeted they have the Eight Degrees 5th anniversary beer in.

I understand where you are coming from, it is very pronounced. I hope the beer is a regular offering though!

Just googled magic rock brewing. I really want to try their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

5UsEiCw.jpg

What type of IPA is the nailed it?

What type of IPA is the nailed it?

Regular IPA it has on the bottle. Simcoe, Vic Secret, Centennial Apollo and El dorado hops used it says. 71 IBUs and 5.8%

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Had it on top wasn't a fan sadly

• Advertisement

jsa112 wrote: »
    Had it on top wasn't a fan sadly

Is it comparable to any of their others?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

I've much preferred their other IPA releases like polar vortex, nomad, and what have you. It's a 5% ipa, not too much to be excited for really.

FWIW, cost 6.50 a pint in bull and castle, definitely not worth that cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I did go marginally insane and ended up buying 13 (12 different) Irish crafts and a 12 box of Peroni.

I've been mostly drinking spirits the last few weeks, bar the fest last weekend, and wasn't planning on changing but siege mentality hit. Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Wood Key, The Raven, Rye Ale.

It's a beer that doesn't taste nice.

Grayditch wrote: »

I had one of those this evening. It didn't taste great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wouldn't bother posting if it was just meh, but it was a particularly bad beer, for me. I still think their Pilgrim is ok.

I wouldn't bother posting if it was just meh, but it was a particularly bad beer, for me. I still think their Pilgrim is ok.

From memory I'd concur on that also.

What I've got open now tastes slightly skunked but everything else from that brewery has been fine so I'm not naming it - but that Raven was very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

L1011 wrote: »
    I had one of those this evening. It didn't taste great either.

Funny, I love the Ravens. Buy it regularly.

Tried 8 Degrees Nailed It last night and while I can appreciate the craft that's gone into it, it misses the citrusy aftertaste I've come to expect from American style IPAs

Followed it with Brewdog's Elvis Juice which, as other's have commented, is outstanding. Could be a very dangerous beer were you to have much of it around as it's far too easy to drink.

Rounded out the night with a Wicklow Wolf Black Perle Porter. Lovely flavour but over-carbonated imo. A Porter shouldn't be so fizzy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Brown Bear of Connemara IPA in Aldi - Brewed by stationworks in Newry.

Have a Siren Pompelmocello, 4 Francis, Black Boar and a Lord Smog Almighty (for the day that's in it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Brown Bear of Connemara IPA in Aldi - Brewed by stationworks in Newry.

Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Have a Siren Pompelmocello, 4 Francis, Black Boar and a Lord Smog Almighty (for the day that's in it).

Drank my Pomelmocello last night. I really liked it.

I had an Elvis Juice last weekend and was impressed, so if it's along those lines I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Any good?

The IPA isn't bad but the brown ale is terrible, not a not my taste terrible but a something went wrong here terrible, and I was told this before I bought it but had to fact check :-)

I had an Elvis Juice last weekend and was impressed, so if it's along those lines I'll be happy.

It's better but different style. tis a sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Picked up a few bottles of Brains SA for today. Was always curious about it but never drank it. Have to say they're going down a treat.

It's better but different style. tis a sour.

Ooooh

Now I'm really looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Had a bottle of Sheep Steeler with dinner earlier. Nowhere near as sour as I remembered it.

was it supposed to be a sour? Thought it was a Saison.

• Advertisement

was it supposed to be a sour? Thought it was a Saison.

Tis a saison, but it was the first of that style that I tried and I didn't like it at all the first time. Enjoyed it a lot more this evening. :)
    Have since moved on to a Caribbean Chocolate Cake from Siren. It is great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement