Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yep, I don't like Saisons at all, that yeast character just doesn't agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

For the day thats in it, I've decided to open a new 200 fathoms. Not as good as last year, but its still feckin good...to open the 2015 or not? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Any good?

Very good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Hope Brewing - Handsome Jack IPA
    Quite nice. An odd super sweet aftertaste that reminds me of something but I can't place it.

The Celt Experience - Brigid Fire
    A rye IPA. Very tasty, nice bit of spicyness to it.

Beavertown - Spresso
    Loved this one. The coffee was nice and subtle. Really rich mouthfeel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I finally got around to cracking open the barrel aged Lean Follain I picked up at Christmas. Very nice indeed, if a little thin. I didn't have the problem with over-carbonation that has been mentioned on this thread. It was smooth with decent body and the whisky barrel really complemented it rather than being overpowering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Tried a chili porter from N17 last night. Hit the spot very nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Meantime Yakima Red had it on draught in Wetherspoons.
    Quite sweet caramel taste finish's dry and a bit if hops. Not bad but a but light.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Meantime Yakima Red had it on draught in Wetherspoons.
    Sure it wasn't the Everards one? It's part of the festival at the moment.
    everards_yakima.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

BeerNut wrote: »
    Sure it wasn't the Everards one? It's part of the festival at the moment.
    everards_yakima.jpg

Think you may be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Started with a Lervig Hoppy Joe. Pretty poor, weak with very little going on.

Followed up with a Buxton Axe Edge - yes please! Now that's how you make an IPA, alway a solid performer.

Going to finish with a Caribbean Chocolate Cake, looking forward to it already:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Founders Centennial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Random yank brought his own cans of ten fidy into salthouse today. I declined his offer for a sip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Founders Centennial.

Lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Fran Well festival for a few very enjoyable hours on Sat!

UCC - Saison -lovely beer
    O'Brother - Huck (Saison). Nice but a bit disappointing cos most of their stuff is so good.
    Whiplash - Surrender to the Void. Never even heard of them before I saw the festival listing. WOW. Stunning beer, DIPA but hid the % well and was so smooth had to have a second!
    White Gypsy - Old Smoke. Stunning beer, had to had a second here as well!
    9 White Deer - Lon Dubh. Lovely beer.
    Mountain Man - Sneaky Owl. First time having on draft, really like this beer draft even better than bottle.

So much nice beers, I would have loved to have been able to get back on Sun...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Didn't drink over the weekend so couldn't resist cracking open another Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake.

Also have an Eight Degrees Double Irish, Siren Pompelmocello and Eight Degrees Nailed It that have now moved on to the endangered list. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Whiplash - Surrender to the Void. Never even heard of them before I saw the festival listing. WOW. Stunning beer, DIPA but hid the % well and was so smooth had to have a second!

Head brewer from Rye River's side, solo, project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

O Brother session pale ale.

Not bad, not great. Plenty of hop bitterness, not enough aroma or flavour. No where near my go to session ales: Jarl, Fourpure SIPA, Grand strech et al...

Also having my first Big River by 8 degrees in a long time. Has a nice unique flavour, probably my favourite ~5% IPA atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

O Brother session pale ale.

Not bad, not great. Plenty of hop bitterness, not enough aroma or flavour. No where near my go to session ales: Jarl, Fourpure SIPA, Grand strech et al...

Also having my first Big River by 8 degrees in a long time. Has a nice unique flavour, probably my favourite ~5% IPA atm.

Having an 8 degrees nailed it. And before you ask yes they have!

• Hobgoblin is the ****

Aldi have it @ a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Having an 8 degrees nailed it. And before you ask yes they have!

There is something about that beer, alright.
    It's just beautifully balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

rk2F5p7.jpg
    bee going through these ones I ordered from Etre Gourmet. Fantome Saison is such a feel good beer, got 3 bottles of them, downed 2 already. All citrus all the way. The Alvinne sours are new but starting with the less rare bottles I love them. Even got a sign of approval from my cider drinking brother

Also tried some local offerings during easter in donegal. Donegal Brewing co beers were decent, and a Bog Hopper beer was memorable enough. Nothing mindblowing tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Brewdog Elvis Juice earlier. As others have said it smells exactly like lilt and is lovely and refreshing.

Having a Black Donkey Arigna #1 now. It's nice has a very belgiany yeast flavour with a bit of spice and straw behind the dark fruit in the body.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

matrim wrote: »

Having a Black Donkey Arigna #1 now. It's nice has a very belgiany yeast flavour with a bit of spice and straw behind the dark fruit in the body.

I loved that. Really looking forward to seeing what they do for #2.

Until then, I'll be mostly drink-free for April, so I'm finishing March with a bottle of 200 Fathoms.

What's the new O'Hara's imperial stout like?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

c - 13 wrote: »
    Hope Brewing - Handsome Jack IPA
    Quite nice. An odd super sweet aftertaste that reminds me of something but I can't place it.

The Celt Experience - Brigid Fire
    A rye IPA. Very tasty, nice bit of spicyness to it.

Beavertown - Spresso
    Loved this one. The coffee was nice and subtle. Really rich mouthfeel.

Where did you find beavertown?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

What's the new O'Hara's imperial stout like?
    Think people were saying it was nice but needed to mellow with time a bit.

Thought somebody here tried white hag brett ipa but cant find the post, how nice is it? 9.15 a bottle nice?

Being sipping away at the homebrew all week so treated myself to 4 cans of Surrender the Void and the O'Hara's imperial.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Would love to know what surrender the void is like, and another opinion on the imperial stout, been thinking of getting both

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Rumun wrote: »
    Where did you find beavertown?

Brought that one back from a recent trip to Edinburgh - couldn't find it over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

8 Degrees Big River. Big grapefruity flavour, very refreshing, I really liked it.
    Similar to Galway bay 303 if it was toned down a little

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement