Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Youns Special Londal ale - think there's something wrong with this bottle as the beer tastes like metal. Never had that tatse before when I had it in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

jsa112 wrote: »
    Would love to know what surrender the void is like, and another opinion on the imperial stout, been thinking of getting both

First sip is good so far. Very fruity, still tasting it 2mins later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Blacks of Kinsale Black IPA.
    I'm not impressed ...its.....alright.

I absolutely love their Kinsale Pale Ale and was expecting this to blow it out of the water...but no.....
    I'm definitely a hops man....hoppier the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Blacks of Kinsale Black IPA.
    I'm not impressed ...its...

Draught is usability very good. but not a beer that will benefit from sitting at Rt for weeks on ends on a shelf

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Youns Special Londal ale - think there's something wrong with this bottle
    Did it make your keyboard numb?

• Advertisement

Think people were saying it was nice but needed to mellow with time a bit.
    Hyup.
    Thought somebody here tried white hag brett ipa but cant find the post, how nice is it? 9.15 a bottle nice?
    Nope. It's a beautiful beer but you can do a lot better with €9.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

3 from Black Metal Brewery last night

Blood Revenge - Rye Stout
    Nicer on tap than bottled but still lovely. Good solid taste, nice spicy after taste.

Jotunblod - Oatmeal Rye Stout
    Nicer than the blood revenge. Can really taste the oats on the end. Takes off some of the spicyness from the rye though.

Gates of Valhalla - Oatmeal Pale Ale
    Have had oatmeal IPAs before but never an oatmeal pale. I think the oatmeal in the end was a bit overpowering and took away a bit from the hops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

oblivious wrote: »
    Draught is usability very good. but not a beer that will benefit from sitting at Rt for weeks on ends on a shelf

The very first batch of 330ml bottles were very good too. There was a keg at the Fran. Well Easterfest last weekend that was filled the day before I think, and that was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

changing of the guard was 7.25 and pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Siren/Surly Blue Sky Blue Sea - Seaweed and Cloudberry Gose. I like it. I like it a lot. It doesn't have the wonderful aftertaste of Kinnegar's Geuzeberry, but comes pretty close. The tartness hides any seaweed flavours (which is ok by me), but there is a nice saltiness. Just goes to show what a good job Kinnegar did, when a Siren/Surly collaboration is a clear second place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Would love to know what surrender the void is like

It's pretty amazing, as a debut beer it won't be beat. Scaldy Porter is Top Notch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Siren/Surly Blue Sky Blue Sea - Seaweed and Cloudberry Gose. I like it. I like it a lot. It doesn't have the wonderful aftertaste of Kinnegar's Geuzeberry, but comes pretty close. The tartness hides any seaweed flavours (which is ok by me), but there is a nice saltiness. Just goes to show what a good job Kinnegar did, when a Siren/Surly collaboration is a clear second place.

Avoided those beers as wasn't sure I'd like them. tried the Siren last week and loved it.

Is the kinnegar still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Is surrender the void anywhere in dublin besides drinkstore

thought I saw that kinnegar in redmonds recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Avoided those beers as wasn't sure I'd like them. tried the Siren last week and loved it.

Is the kinnegar still around?
    Sadly, it's a distant memory. It was a Kinnegar special. I believe they've released another special since (not a sour, but a saison), but haven't seen it around. White Hag has a heather sour ale that's worth a try that's available in good beer shops.

High Glen is the sequel to Geuzberry - definitely sour, not a saison. There's a sour dark beer as well called Brownknowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Is surrender the void anywhere in dublin besides drinkstore

thought I saw that kinnegar in redmonds recently.

Mchughs off licence has it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Elgood Lazy Dog a bitter I found a bit light and bland.

Did see a note in Wetherspoons that Thornbridge Jaipur is coming soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

I normally avoid Irish beers until I hear good things about them. I picked up a bottle of cotton ball another bloody IPA last night, solely because it has biscuit malt in the malt bill. I love a little biscuit malt.

This beer overpowered with biscuit malt, it reeks of it. Its supposed to be an unbalanced beer, but the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Kinnegar Rustbucket Rye Ale.

Excellent as always.

I really like its hoppy style and balanced bitterness.

Lots of deep orange citrus on the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I normally avoid Irish beers until I hear good things about them.

Curious to know why you avoid Irish beers? Bad experience?
    I nearly drink exclusively Irish beer these days coz there's so much good stuff out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Jack Codys All Hail St. Patrick extra stout - stronger ABV than last year's. Nice fragrance though flavour only really comes through when it warms up, very nice coffee set against some sweetness.

GBB 200 Fathoms - first time getting to it and glad I did. Rich flavour and lovely on the nose. Alcohol is really well held within the beer. Will keep a bottle for a year to see how it ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am enjoying a very nice can of Stoya, the hop extract really shines through as the can heats up to room temperature. The gentle maple syrup undertones really come into their own at this point. A really wonderful example of a cheap can of pissy lager. 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_55938.jpg

Thornbridge Saint Petersburg Russian Imperial Stout

Not as rich as I expected compared to some other Imperial Stouts. Subtle malty falvour, smooth texture and a slightly bitter aftertaste.

slayerking wrote: »
    Curious to know why you avoid Irish beers? Bad experience?
    I nearly drink exclusively Irish beer these days coz there's so much good stuff out there.

I avoid new Irish beers, mostly they are the same generic type of ale.

There are a few very good Irish beers now though, and they are getting better every month it seems.

Trouble wired is absolutely top notch.

In the porterhouse now having a thornbridge/odells collaboration. Colorado red IPA, It's a beaute!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Not much of a beer drinker but looking to come off the brandy lol

Heard Belgium beer is good?any recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

alot of red IPAs popping up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

alot of red IPAs popping up this year.

Sure isn't it the latest fad?!

I await the blue IPA

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sure isn't it the latest fad?!

I await the blue IPA

Blue Agave IPA??

I could be onto a winner here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Change of the guard in the brewdock. Beautiful stuff hides the alcohol content really really well.

Next up is either an aikau or a double Irish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement