Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Had the Beavertown Bramley Apple Saison last night. I'm not mad about Saisons but I had to try it because I see it ever time I'm in the off licence and I love bramley apple. It was nice enough. I'd imagine it's incredible for fans of the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Change of the guard in the brewdock. Beautiful stuff hides the alcohol content really really well.

I think as a first brew from the new head brewer it's a pretty strong start. But at that price point I expect a bit of a finish. It has a nice taste bomb upfront but it just vanishes. Looking forward to seeing a few more from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭husq

hard to beat the franciscan brewery, great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

limnam wrote: »
    I think as a first brew from the new head brewer it's a pretty strong start. But at that price point I expect a bit of a finish. It has a nice taste bomb upfront but it just vanishes. Looking forward to seeing a few more from him.

It's actually a collaboration between the old and new brewer. I'll be awaiting his first few solo recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Saw Brown Bear brown ale in Aldi this evening, which is brewed for them by Cumberland. While I don't expect a €1.89 beer to be up there with a Kinnegar, I do expect a brown ale to be just that, a brown ale. Disappointed with this one big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Saw Brown Bear brown ale in Aldi this evening, which is brewed for them by Cumberland. While I don't expect a €1.89 beer to be up there with a Kinnegar, I do expect a brown ale to be just that, a brown ale. Disappointed with this one big time.

It's awful alright

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Was warned off this beer by someone else who told me that it was truly awful, but that the Brown Bear IPA (which I haven't had) is actually quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Was warned off this beer by someone else who told me that it was truly awful, but that the Brown Bear IPA (which I haven't had) is actually quite nice.

They're both awful.

I had a glass of Hopendunkel from Galway Bay there on draft on the way to the train.

Now that's a hell of a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

King Goblin (6.6%) Wychwood Brewery is €2.49 per 500ml bottle in Aldi at the moment ... This'll be this weekend's tipple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was given a bottle of Jack Cody's Hibernicus, a dry hopped IPA, and it's lovely. One of the nicer IPA's I've had in a while as it's pretty refreshing.

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    King Goblin (6.6%) Wychwood Brewery is €2.49 per 500ml bottle in Aldi at the moment ... This'll be this weekend's tipple

Why wait till the weekend?!

I'm currently drinking a bottle of franziskaner.

Need to get through about 20 bottles for homebrew empties in a few weeks.

Tough work but someone's got to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

They're both awful.

I had a glass of Hopendunkel from Galway Bay there on draft on the way to the train.

Now that's a hell of a beer.

Hell out of balance imo. Kompass for me was a big let down and its so rare I find a dunkel I don't get on with.

Too clove forward really felt the alcohol content was totally out of whack.

next!! :D

limnam wrote: »
    Hell out of balance imo. Kompass for me was a big let down and its so rare I find a dunkel I don't get on with.

Too clove forward really felt the alcohol content was totally out of whack.

next!! :D

We'll agree to differ so. I loved it. Wish they bottled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had some cask Leann Follain earlier. It's a lovely beer normally but superb on cask.

Now having a children of the revolution from Wicklow Wolf. Quite nice with pine and citrus with a decent hop bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

Why wait till the weekend?!

Work :(

RayCon wrote: »
    Work :(

I'm still confused.

Bought three bottles on the way home. Have work tomorrow. Will be definately partaking in one or two.

Sure it's nearly the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_377607.jpg

Galway Bay Brewery Diving Bell

Lovely. Really tasted the "salted caramel" in this. Just an overall nicely balanced brew from GBB on draught in Against The Grain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Finding it hard to get past the 4 for €10 on Metalman/Punk/Brooklyn/Founders in the local off-licence to try new stuff lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Zapiain Cider. Got it in SuperValu, Celbridge.

Not sweet, kind of acidic. Nice strong crisp taste. At 6% there's a nice aftertaste as well.

/edit
    Don't think I'll be buying this one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Had 3 pints of children of the revolution IPA from Wicklow wolf yesterday.

Very nice beer.
    Hoppy and zesty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 DonnchadhMac

Water

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Water

@DonnchadhMac, Please contribute something positive next time to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Had my first Of Foam and Fury this week. Really nice beer. I have to try and clone it! Was expecting it to be more bitter but its just right, and they must dry hop with an enormous amount of hops because the wham of the aroma in the nose is so intense.

Had my first Of Foam and Fury this week. Really nice beer. I have to try and clone it! Was expecting it to be more bitter but its just right, and they must dry hop with an enormous amount of hops because the wham of the aroma in the nose is so intense.

It's an incredibly well balanced beer imo.

I absolutely love it so if you clone it please give me the recipe. Ideally extract. Yes I'm lazy. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

You can see the recipe here if you want to take it on http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,491.msg101563.html#msg101563

I feel like Elvis Juice was made for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Grayditch wrote: »
    I feel like Elvis Juice was made for me.

I feel like it was made for me too.
    My other half asked me why I didn't buy more than 2 !!!:o

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I feel like it was made for me too.
    My other half asked me why I didn't buy more than 2 !!!:o

I had one, then went back the next day and picked up a 4-pack. I don't think a beer has ever gone down so easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Grayditch wrote: »
    I had one, then went back the next day and picked up a 4-pack. I don't think a beer has ever gone down so easy.

I went back last night too and ended upgetting some Monk Hammer from Brewdog also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement